TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: tbrick18 on March 30, 2022, 02:00:50 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 30, 2022, 12:55:35 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on March 30, 2022, 04:58:39 AM
Watched Vikings spin-off, Vikings Valhalla 1st season...loved it

Was a bit ropey at the start with the acting but got a lot better as it developed.. looking forward to the second series,

Finished Last Kingdom lately also.. pretty good too

Haven't started Viking Valhalla yet, will give it a go.
I liked Last Kingdom alright, but the monologues "Destiny is all" stuff was a bit cringeworthy I thought.
I bit rushed at the end too.

Agreed but how could it have kept going I'd say he'd have been over fifty going by the timelines lol
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Armagh18

What did we think of Peaky Blinders?

Great ending to an average enough final season, looking forward to the movie now!

An Watcher

I thought the ending was excellent last night and didn't see what happened.  It was an average enough final season but polly was a big loss to the show

nrico2006

Am I the only one that thinks Peaky Blinders is extremely over-rated?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Milltown Row2

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 04, 2022, 09:49:02 AM

Haven't watched one episode, same as GOT not one
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

square_ball

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 04, 2022, 09:51:33 AM

So then you have no idea if it's overrated or not?

thewobbler

I've tried a few times to get into it. Can't get past series 1. Can't explain why, but it just doesn't grab my attention.

screenexile

Yeah thought the season as a whole was fairly poor and just a competition to see how many moody slow mo's over melancholic music they could get of Cillian Murphy.

The ending was grand and I'll probably watch the film but it definitely dipped the last few seasons.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: square_ball on April 04, 2022, 10:17:27 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 04, 2022, 09:51:33 AM

So then you have no idea if it's overrated or not?

Just watched the clips/trailers and they haven't drawn me in, trailers normally would have something to generate an interest but nah..  :D

johnnycool

Quote from: Armagh18 on April 04, 2022, 09:22:07 AM
What did we think of Peaky Blinders?

Great ending to an average enough final season, looking forward to the movie now!

This series was a bit more low key, expecting more out of certain story lines that never materialised but the finale was probably about right.

Didn't realise there would be a movie but makes sense now.

I've enjoyed it through all 6 seasons, but Polly was a class character and is a miss.

themac_23

Got Apple TV free for 3 months with a new phone so decided to try out a few series on it, watched one called Defending Jacob, 8 part series about a assistant District Attorney in the states who's son is arrested for a murder. Really enjoyed it, thought it was a great show. Prob coulda done it in 6 episodes but thought it was good solid 8/10 for me.

Currently watching 'Wecrached' on it too, its 8 episodes with a new 1 being released every week so think only 5/6 released so far. about a start up in NYC Isreali fella who started a co working business called 'WeWork' based on a true story how he spent over twice what the company was bringing in. Crazy story, but just shows how if you can talk the talk and have the buzz words you'll attract investors. really good so far, again prob a 7/8 outta 10

RedHand88

Watched the first episode of Winning time: the rise of the lakers dynasty.

It's not bad at all, will definitely watch on.

timmyot501

Was last night the end of Peaky Blinders?? I enjoyed the first 3-4 seasons but I got a bit lost thereafter.  I thought last night was good enough episode but think overall after a blistering start it just kind of ran out of steam

Armagh18

Quote from: timmyot501 on April 04, 2022, 11:57:52 AM
Was last night the end of Peaky Blinders?? I enjoyed the first 3-4 seasons but I got a bit lost thereafter.  I thought last night was good enough episode but think overall after a blistering start it just kind of ran out of steam
Meant to be a movie next year or the year after. Overall this was a decent series and a class ending. Polly definitely a huge miss out of it though unfortunately.

J70

Quote from: RedHand88 on April 04, 2022, 11:41:50 AM
Watched the first episode of Winning time: the rise of the lakers dynasty.

It's not bad at all, will definitely watch on.

Four episodes in over here.

I'm enjoying it thoroughly.

Good cast, well paced. John C Reilly is chewing up the scenery. Adrien Brody just appeared in the most recent episode as an amusingly pathetic Pat Riley. And the angle on how the nobody coach came in when Jerry West quit to transform how basketball was played is pretty fascinating.