TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Looking forward to a new show starting soon with Kevin Bacon in the lead.
The Following. It's about serial killers. I always fancied myself as a serial killer,think I might have been one in a past life.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2071645/
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

nrico2006

Quote from: laoislad on January 15, 2013, 04:53:23 PM
Looking forward to a new show starting soon with Kevin Bacon in the lead.
The Following. It's about serial killers. I always fancied myself as a serial killer,think I might have been one in a past life.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2071645/

Been waiting for it myself, 22nd is when its to start here.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Syferus

I read that Dexter Season 8 has been moved forward to 30th June. Only started season 6 yesterday so I better get a move on if I want to be ready to go.

In terms of shows back or starting this quarter I'm looking forward to getting to Girls (yes, it is good), Ripper Street, The Following, The Walking Dead, Mad Men (still have to finish off season 5) and the big one, Game of Thrones. The wilds of Ulster have never appeared seemed so poetic since Patrick Kavanagh fecked off to Dublin.

thewobbler

Walking Dead series 3 is immense. Still some shocking  dialogue but the tension, pacing and unpredictability are brilliant.

AFS

Quote from: Canalman on January 15, 2013, 04:34:32 PM
Forgot to mention the celebrity diving reality show which I saw week before last. Final is next week I think. You can shove your other come dancing, dining,pet pampering etc etc. It was brilliant and only chanced on it while channel hopping.
One of them dived from the 10 meter board head first and took alot of guts on all their parts to dive. No hiding places for them and no faux "dramas" or "crisises".
Honestly surprised it is allowed as imvho it is fierce dangerous if the dive goes wrong.

Riveting viewing . Anyone else watch it ?

Is this a pisstake?

NAG1

Quote from: thewobbler on January 15, 2013, 07:35:21 PM
Walking Dead series 3 is immense. Still some shocking  dialogue but the tension, pacing and unpredictability are brilliant.

I have the series sky +'d only making my way through it now, great show, enjoyed the first two series as well, not a genre I would normally be into but totally gripped.

Canalman

Quote from: AFS on January 15, 2013, 08:42:19 PM
Forgot to mention the celebrity diving reality show which I saw week before last. Final is next week I think. You can shove your other come dancing, dining,pet pampering etc etc. It was brilliant and only chanced on it while channel hopping.
One of them dived from the 10 meter board head first and took alot of guts on all their parts to dive. No hiding places for them and no faux "dramas" or "crisises".
Honestly surprised it is allowed as imvho it is fierce dangerous if the dive goes wrong.

Is this a pisstake?

No. Worth a watch imo. Easy  to sniff/ harrumph at but I guarantee you that you will be impressed at  the diving from a 10m board........... twice the height of the average two storey house by the way. Headfirst and all after a few tumbles/twirls (not the chocolate variety)
Something I never could do.

Anyway suppose it's just me that enjoyed it.

Bingo

Quote from: NAG1 on January 16, 2013, 09:34:30 AM
Quote from: thewobbler on January 15, 2013, 07:35:21 PM

I have the series sky +'d only making my way through it now, great show, enjoyed the first two series as well, not a genre I would normally be into but totally gripped.

I love Walking Dead, great show and it doesn't hold back.

Was reading that the showrunner, Mazzara, is to be replaced after season 3 due to creative differences with the network. Not sure what these where but he came in midseason during season 2 when the pace was very slow and it was dragging. Since his arrival, the show has ramped up and has been brillant again. I wonder will his departure slow things down, although it is likely they will promote someone from the current production team to take his position.

I'd hate to think that the network wanted to slow pace down to extend the life of the show ala Lost.

johnneycool

Quote from: Canalman on January 16, 2013, 09:50:16 AM
Quote from: AFS on January 15, 2013, 08:42:19 PM

Is this a pisstake?

No. Worth a watch imo. Easy  to sniff/ harrumph at but I guarantee you that you will be impressed at  the diving from a 10m board........... twice the height of the average two storey house by the way. Headfirst and all after a few tumbles/twirls (not the chocolate variety)
Something I never could do.

Anyway suppose it's just me that enjoyed it.

Caught a bit the other night with the Charlotte Jackson off Sky sports news loosing her bikini bottoms when doing some dives and they had to get her a different costume.

I wonder if the dirty old editor has footage of the underwater camera stashed away somewhere.

Pretty shít otherwise

nrico2006

Looking forward to Falling Skies, Wlaking Dead, Person of Interest and Touch coming back on.  Boardwalk is probably a long way off. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: nrico2006 on January 16, 2013, 11:11:26 AM
Looking forward to Falling Skies, Wlaking Dead, Person of Interest and Touch coming back on.  Boardwalk is probably a long way off.
Got the first series on ebay before christmas, well worth getting into

Hound

Quote from: Canalman on January 15, 2013, 02:38:34 PM
Quote from: Hound on January 15, 2013, 02:35:39 PM
Quote from: Canalman on January 15, 2013, 02:32:16 PM
Saw the 1st episode of Season 2 of Sherlock last night. Very good. First time seeing the series and definitely impressed.
Was that on telly?

Had it UPC+ed Hound. Think the 2nd series is nearly over already on RTE2.
Ah, having seen the first 6 epsiodes I thought it was only series 1, but its just 3 episodes per series, so I have seen series 2.

Have you watched Elementary? Quite similar to Sherlock, apart from he's working cases in NYC and Dr Watson is Lucy Liu. I've watched the first 3 or 4 episodes, and while its perhaps not quite as good as Sherlock, its entertaining all the same.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Hound on January 16, 2013, 12:50:39 PM
Quote from: Canalman on January 15, 2013, 02:38:34 PM
Quote from: Hound on January 15, 2013, 02:35:39 PM
Quote from: Canalman on January 15, 2013, 02:32:16 PM
Saw the 1st episode of Season 2 of Sherlock last night. Very good. First time seeing the series and definitely impressed.
Was that on telly?

Had it UPC+ed Hound. Think the 2nd series is nearly over already on RTE2.
Ah, having seen the first 6 epsiodes I thought it was only series 1, but its just 3 episodes per series, so I have seen series 2.

Have you watched Elementary? Quite similar to Sherlock, apart from he's working cases in NYC and Dr Watson is Lucy Liu. I've watched the first 3 or 4 episodes, and while its perhaps not quite as good as Sherlock, its entertaining all the same.
Lucy Liu is Dr. Watson. This is how tv works  :D

muppet

On the recommendation of those here, myself and herself have started watching Breaking Bad.

Awesome show.
MWWSI 2017

gerrykeegan

It gets better and better and better
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)