TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 16, 2012, 10:51:16 PM
Anyone seen Person of Interest? Started the other night on 5.

I watched it last night. It wasn't too bad, probably done enough to keep me watching for a few more episodes

Minder

Quote from: bennydorano on August 16, 2012, 10:49:44 PM
Newsroom has turned out a bit pants.

New series of wilfred started 2nite in bbc3, Top show.

Yeah I am ready to pull the pin on it
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Tony Baloney

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on August 16, 2012, 10:57:33 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 16, 2012, 10:51:16 PM
Anyone seen Person of Interest? Started the other night on 5.

I watched it last night. It wasn't too bad, probably done enough to keep me watching for a few more episodes
The missus said the same. Will have to catch up.

DuffleKing

Quote from: Minder on August 16, 2012, 10:58:51 PM

Agreed. Yer woman the producer is doing my head in with her overacting. Where did the big reviews from the states come from? is there something ahead?

AFS

Watched the first three episodes of Person of Interest. Thought it was very ordinary stuff, especially considering some of the names associated with it. Don't think I'll bother with the rest.

Still watching The Newsroom. Has its moments, but it's not anything special.

Hardy

I've watched the first three series of Breaking Bad over the last few weeks and I'm astounded by how good it is. I can't think of any drama, not even the Sopranos, that's ever made me react, as this did after more than one episode, like you do after seeing something amazing in sport like Bolt, or Bob Beamon's incredible jump, or Ali-Frazier, where you sit up straight when it's over and just go "WOW!"

screenexile

Quote from: DuffleKing on August 16, 2012, 11:08:45 PM
Quote from: Minder on August 16, 2012, 10:58:51 PM

Agreed. Yer woman the producer is doing my head in with her overacting. Where did the big reviews from the states come from? is there something ahead?

It is very annoying from what I can see. Don't get me wrong it's slick and there is good acting and great dialogue but the premise grates with me.

Sorkin is basically going back a couple of years and bitch slapping the T Party, Fox News, The Koch Brothers, Rush Limbaugh, Michelle Bachmann and basically using hindsight to score cheap points against them.

I find it entertaining though but not in the same league as West Wing or Sports Night.

J OGorman

Quote from: Hardy on August 17, 2012, 01:27:00 AM
I've watched the first three series of Breaking Bad over the last few weeks and I'm astounded by how good it is. I can't think of any drama, not even the Sopranos, that's ever made me react, as this did after more than one episode, like you do after seeing something amazing in sport like Bolt, or Bob Beamon's incredible jump, or Ali-Frazier, where you sit up straight when it's over and just go "WOW!"

absolutely brilliant show. Into series 5, you've got some great viewing ahead of you Hardy

Half-way through the 2nd series of Deadwood, loving it. Lovejoy is some operator!

Billys Boots

Quote from: J OGorman on August 17, 2012, 10:06:52 AM
Quote from: Hardy on August 17, 2012, 01:27:00 AM

absolutely brilliant show. Into series 5, you've got some great viewing ahead of you Hardy

Half-way through the 2nd series of Deadwood, loving it. Lovejoy is some operator!

There's a third series of Deadwood too - great stuff.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

thewobbler

Hardy the best thing I can tell you is that series 4 of Breaking Bad is better again, a string contender for greatest season of all time.

Re Person of Interest, I turned the premiere off after 40 minitess. Contrived, overblown, poorly written, badly acted nonsense. I don't always like to use my brain when watching TV, but this requires brain removal.

I'm struggling with Oz, though the Olympics got in the way. Will renew interest this week.

ballinaman

Anyone watching season 5 of Breaking Bad.....the episode from last weekend, number 5 of the series...jeeze, unbelievable.

Enjoyed "Boss" too, 8 episodes so handy to get through. Looking forward to season 2.

Ulick

Am up to season 5 of Breading Bad as well. Thought it was a bit of slow-burner compared to season 4 till I watched episode 5 last night. Wow. Hate being left on those cliff-hangers so try to save up a few episodes before watching.

Also watching Weeds at the moment. It's very good as well. Not quite as dark as Breaking Bad and the Sopranos and with a lot more humour. 

bloodybreakball

ep 5 is Dead Freight isnt it where they have to source their own materials for the meth.
unbelievable episode, 10-15mins of complete tension and i had to watch the end five times, and laughed at how good it was.
breaking bad is very very good overall, but i dont think i can ever put anything near the wire because the wire is like a novel, slow but REAL payoff!!!!

Dinny Breen

Quote from: bloodybreakball on August 28, 2012, 12:06:01 AM
ep 5 is Dead Freight isnt it where they have to source their own materials for the meth.
unbelievable episode, 10-15mins of complete tension and i had to watch the end five times, and laughed at how good it was.
breaking bad is very very good overall, but i dont think i can ever put anything near the wire because the wire is like a novel, slow but REAL payoff!!!!

I don't know, I would be a Wire disciple but Breaking Bad (I'm on series 3) is starting to run it close, the episode 'One Minute' with Hank and the two Mexician brothers and the colour purple throughout was just fantastic, the last 10 minutes was mind blowing, heart pounding stuff brilliant TV.
#newbridgeornowhere

cornerback

Anyone see A Touch of Cloth?  I missed the first eposide & only caught about half of last nights eposide.  Think they are showing both eposides on Sky2 tonight at 9pm...

Its a detective spoof show written by Charlie Brooker.  From what I managed to catch last night there are some very funny scenes & keep a close eye out for the background gags.