TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archie Mitchell

Finished watching Homeland at the weekend there. What a show. Possibly one of the best 1st series of a TV show I have seen in ages. It won best TV show at the Golden Globes. It started on Friday night on Network 2.

Have downloaded Boss to watch as well as recommended by ONL.

5 Sams

Storage Wars on the History Channel is a small bit addictive!!

Brandi would get it ;)
The Aristocrat Years

Canalman

Started The Killing at the weekend. Very  impressed so far. 20 episodes or so to watch . Honestly really keen to find out who the killer is.

Megaman

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on January 18, 2012, 09:36:04 AM
Finished watching Homeland at the weekend there. What a show. Possibly one of the best 1st series of a TV show I have seen in ages. It won best TV show at the Golden Globes. It started on Friday night on Network 2.

Have downloaded Boss to watch as well as recommended by ONL.

downloaded this the other day, watched three episodes last night, had to stop myself from watching more,

really good TV Show.

screenexile

Just finished it in 3 days there ... great great show! Shades of 24 in its heyday I thoroughly enjoyed it. A thrilling story, with a great cast, well acted and a good smattering of breasts throughout the series. I give it a 9.5/10!!

Denn Forever

Quote from: 5 Sams on January 22, 2012, 06:59:18 PM
Storage Wars on the History Channel is a small bit addictive!!

Brandi would get it ;)

Yep.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Megaman

Quote from: screenexile on January 27, 2012, 10:04:21 AM
Just finished it in 3 days there ... great great show! Shades of 24 in its heyday I thoroughly enjoyed it. A thrilling story, with a great cast, well acted and a good smattering of breasts throughout the series. I give it a 9.5/10!!

Homeland?

finished it myself, really enjoyed it,

and as you mentioned breasts i see Spartacus is starting on Monday, been really looking forward to that for a while now, although it was sad to hear about andy whitfield.

nifan

Really good show
The 2 guys who created it where both involved with 24.

ballinaman

Quote from: nifan on January 27, 2012, 11:26:32 AM

Really good show

*spoiler alert - don't read if haven't seen it
Serious plot holes and conveniently forgetting about characters....how were the lads, tw and nb, in conact with each other, the aid who brought the necklace, what happened him and who's tipping off the terrorists from inside the CIA??? Good show all the same though!I'm sure we'll find out the mole in series 2, could be Saul.

screenexile

Quote from: ballinaman on January 27, 2012, 11:58:21 AM
Quote from: nifan on January 27, 2012, 11:26:32 AM

Really good show

*spoiler alert - don't read if haven't seen it
Serious plot holes and conveniently forgetting about characters....how were the lads, tw and nb, in conact with each other, the aid who brought the necklace, what happened him and who's tipping off the terrorists from inside the CIA??? Good show all the same though!I'm sure we'll find out the mole in series 2, could be Saul.

I wouldn't call them plot holes as such . . . more like things that have yet to be explained thus adding more to the mystery!!

ballinaman

Aye, suppose....better not turn into another lost though. Wouldn't mind if they pull off a big attack, be interesting to see where the show would go then.

Walking dead back Feb 12th.

Don Johnson

Still making my way through The West Wing boxset haven't had time for anything else in the meantime.

The end of Season Four / start of Five is brilliant tv. Stayed up to about 3am last night watching more, didn't want to leave without seeing what happened...

mc_grens

Quote from: Don Johnson on January 27, 2012, 04:11:03 PM
Still making my way through The West Wing boxset haven't had time for anything else in the meantime.

The end of Season Four / start of Five is brilliant tv. Stayed up to about 3am last night watching more, didn't want to leave without seeing what happened...

I loved that show. Some of the best characters in the history of television.

Agent Orange

Quote from: Billys Boots on January 09, 2012, 08:52:48 AM
Quote from: Minder on January 06, 2012, 10:30:33 PM
Quote from: Take Your Points on January 06, 2012, 10:28:56 PM
Early alert!

If you enjoyed Spiral or The Killing or Wallander (original Swedish version), you might enjoy a step further along the road of subtitled foreign language shows with Borgen which is on BBC4 at 9pm on Saturday 7th January.  It is a Danish political thriller which was a huge hit in Denmark (naturally).  Worth a try.

Yeah i read about it today, looks good.

I'm half way through it (on download) at the moment - it's very good indeed.  I'd have called it a political drama, rather than a thriller though (sort of a cross between 'House of Cards' and 'A very British Coup').

Another reason to watch Borgen. It is excellent though.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Agent Orange on February 03, 2012, 10:30:26 PM
Quote from: Billys Boots on January 09, 2012, 08:52:48 AM
Quote from: Minder on January 06, 2012, 10:30:33 PM
Quote from: Take Your Points on January 06, 2012, 10:28:56 PM
Early alert!

If you enjoyed Spiral or The Killing or Wallander (original Swedish version), you might enjoy a step further along the road of subtitled foreign language shows with Borgen which is on BBC4 at 9pm on Saturday 7th January.  It is a Danish political thriller which was a huge hit in Denmark (naturally).  Worth a try.

Yeah i read about it today, looks good.

I'm half way through it (on download) at the moment - it's very good indeed.  I'd have called it a political drama, rather than a thriller though (sort of a cross between 'House of Cards' and 'A very British Coup').

Another reason to watch Borgen. It is excellent though.
They make sure we get a good view of her ass every episode!