TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trileacman

Jesus the victim culture about nowadays is taking the piss. I've no love for rings of power in fact it's absolute shite but f**k me anyone insulted by them using Irish accents needs a boot in the hole. Sure they use scottish accents for the fat, beardy, greedy dwarves. Yorkshire accents for the muck savages of men who join the side of evil. The lying/snooby cnuts of elves speak with home counties accents. Literally anyone from any of those places could infer some form of slight or insult by the depiction of the characters using their accent.

The attempts at irish accents are decent, lenny henry and your wans mother excepted. There's a round faced girl from london has it off to a tee. Millions of people are on the brink of starvation in Africa and this is the shite that The Guardain gets in an uproar about.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

bennydorano

I went back and watched Game of Thrones from the start again. I thought it was much better as a binge watch as you remembered the histories & back stories.  I realise now I didnt know what was going on some of the time! Peter Dinklage's Tyrion character is a lot more annoying when you are over exposed to him as well.

gerrykeegan

Trainwreck Woodstock 99 is worth a watch. Three part following W99. FFS it was bedlam. One person who was 14 at the time headed off to it. I can't imagine allowing my 14 year old off to a concert with 250 thousand at it.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

bigarsedkeeper

Quote from: bennydorano on October 06, 2022, 05:21:21 PM
I went back and watched Game of Thrones from the start again. I thought it was much better as a binge watch as you remembered the histories & back stories.  I realise now I didnt know what was going on some of the time! Peter Dinklage's Tyrion character is a lot more annoying when you are over exposed to him as well.

There was a lot of hype around it and some of the characters which covered a lot of flaws. I think people that binged it enjoyed it more. I read the books so some of the characters didn't look right like Robert and Renly. Series 1 was excellent imho. Some brilliant moments in all series though which made both the show and books worth your time. Tyrion and Ayra are 2 fan favourites that I couldn't warm too.

House of the dragon is well laid out - more like the 1st few series of GOT.

screenexile

I see there's a new Adam Curtis documentary out from next Thursday really looking forward to it.

As I'm struck down with feckin Covid I had time to watch Hypernormalisation again. It's a long and heavy watch but it's a serious piece of work that can inform a lot of what's going on today.

As an example you tend to forget the amount of disaster movies that came out before 2001!!

Kidder81

Quote from: screenexile on October 09, 2022, 10:37:01 AM
I see there's a new Adam Curtis documentary out from next Thursday really looking forward to it.

As I'm struck down with feckin Covid I had time to watch Hypernormalisation again. It's a long and heavy watch but it's a serious piece of work that can inform a lot of what's going on today.

As an example you tend to forget the amount of disaster movies that came out before 2001!!

Who tests for Covid these days ? Looking a few handy days off work screen ??  ;)

screenexile

😂😂 I had an appointment with the Osteopath and she insists on testing beforehand... I'm well able to work from home so no rest for the wicked!

screenexile

They should just give Paddy Considine the Emmy now!!

lurganblue

Quote from: screenexile on October 10, 2022, 11:12:37 PM

Ah yeah, top class.

tbrick18

Quote from: screenexile on October 10, 2022, 11:12:37 PM

He's brilliant.

I'm actually really enjoying this series.

Rudi

The Watcher on Netflix is a pretty good show.

Tony Baloney

Started 'The Old Man' with Jeff Bridges. Looks promising.

thewobbler

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 17, 2022, 11:01:26 PM

Loved the first episode.

Turned it off for good by the 3rd.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: thewobbler on October 17, 2022, 11:03:33 PM

Loved the first episode.

:'(

Don't say that you cruel hoor. Episode 2 tomorrow. Without giving away any spoilers was it the preposterousness (is that a word?) of a pensioner "taking care of business"?

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: thewobbler on October 17, 2022, 11:03:33 PM

Loved the first episode.

Geezus the first 20 mins was dour, slow and depressing. I turned it off then!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone