The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonnca1

Looks like Trump's dwindling band of supporters can't even outnumber the media outside the scene of the crime!

QuoteOnline supporters of Trump grow louder, but the scene outside Mar-a-Lago is a different story

The Trump supporters were outnumbered by media outlets outside the Florida property after the FBI's search.

By Rob Wile
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. — The online response to the FBI's search of former President Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago property has been swift and ominous, with predictions of a resurgence of extremism and even fears of a civil war.

But for the last 24 hours outside the 17-acre Palm Beach estate Tuesday, a convoy of local and national media have far outnumbered Trump supporters.

A couple of dozen Trump boosters converged on the site late Monday as news of the FBI's action broke, but by morning, even those meager ranks had begun to dwindle, and they had not picked up by 5 p.m.

"This is a great national story, a huge national story, and should be," said Eric Johnson, a South Florida-based Democratic political consultant. "But local people, voters, are going about their business. I don't think it matters one iota in local elections. They're still talking about inflation or whether beaches have too much erosion."

A source familiar with the matter has said Monday's search was tied to classified information Trump is alleged to have taken with him from the White House in January 2021.

Full story

J70

He's pleading the fifth in NY, but "impeach Garland and abolish the FBI".

Oh and law and order and "back the blue,"

At least when they're enforcing the law on themmuns.

Eamonnca1

Just saw a clip of the latter-day Lord Haw Haw known as Tucker Carlson ranting about the "Great Replacement." Says that the plan is to replace "legacy Americans" with "more obedient people from the third world." Apparently obedience is a bad thing, but if you're a black person interacting with cops then obedience is your duty on pain of summary execution.

The conservatives are barely hiding their fascism at this point. Extremist ideology that is confined to fringe parties in parts of Europe is full on mainstream in the Rethuglican party.

Gmac

Quote from: J70 on August 10, 2022, 07:08:30 PM

he would be some idiot if he didn't

Gmac

Hunter on Air Force 1 going on vacation with the big guy today , life's good

J70

Quote from: Gmac on August 10, 2022, 09:40:01 PM
Quote from: J70 on August 10, 2022, 07:08:30 PM

he would be some idiot if he didn't

Should make for a nice ad if someone, anyone, in the GOP has the balls to take him on.

Maybe Larry Hogan can do it. Has he ever had to plead the fifth?

J70

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on August 10, 2022, 08:15:43 PM
Just saw a clip of the latter-day Lord Haw Haw known as Tucker Carlson ranting about the "Great Replacement." Says that the plan is to replace "legacy Americans" with "more obedient people from the third world." Apparently obedience is a bad thing, but if you're a black person interacting with cops then obedience is your duty on pain of summary execution.

The conservatives are barely hiding their fascism at this point. Extremist ideology that is confined to fringe parties in parts of Europe is full on mainstream in the Rethuglican party.

They are making a holy show of themselves this week for sure.

Jell 0 Biafra

Legacy Americans  ;D ;D

OK, I guess 'Native Americans' was out for some reason, but that's seriously the best they could do?

Wildweasel74

What u can't understand is how Trump has not been charged with incitement to riot leading to people's deaths. Surely there some American law covers this?

J70

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 10, 2022, 11:03:12 PM
What u can't understand is how Trump has not been charged with incitement to riot leading to people's deaths. Surely there some American law covers this?

Jan 6 committee is hard at work on the investigation.

It will be up to the DOJ to bring any charges arising out of it. The revelations a few weeks back were not helpful, to say the least, from Trump's perspective.

Trump is always happy to let others take the fall though. I expect he'll get off yet again.

Eamonnca1

Previous quotes from Trump on people who plead the Fifth:

• "The mob takes the fifth."

• "If you are innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment."

• "Taking the fifth. I think it's disgraceful."

Guess who's pleading the Fifth now?

J70

Apparently his son pled the fifth 500 times in his deposition.

Trump Organization has nothing to hide though.

Jell 0 Biafra

Well, it's a civil case, and juries are allowed infer guilt from refusal to answer (unlike in criminal cases).

whitey

Quote from: J70 on August 10, 2022, 11:21:19 PM

Real estate guys pumping up the value of their properties for financing purposes and deflating them for tax purposes

Well I never heard of such carry on in my life

J70

Quote from: whitey on August 10, 2022, 11:33:58 PM
Quote from: J70 on August 10, 2022, 11:21:19 PM

Real estate guys pumping up the value of their properties for financing purposes and deflating them for tax purposes

Well I never heard of such carry on in my life

White collar fraud doesn't matter.

Just like refusing to pay the small companies who do the work for you.

It's all just business. Something we little people can't be expected to understand.