FIFA corruption

Started by seafoid, May 30, 2011, 03:59:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Franko

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on May 21, 2022, 11:03:35 AM
Quote from: Franko on May 21, 2022, 09:19:58 AM
Oh I know exactly what they mean.  Here's an example where you manage to work both into a single sentence.  ;D

If you think lads at other sports aren't throwing bets on themselves in irrelevant games I have a bridge for sale.

And I know you're not defending anything - you can't - it's an absolute farce

Deflection and mudslinging is all you have.

So you are stating as a fact there isn't an issue with players gambling in the GAA?

;D

This has to be a wind up.  Nobody could be this stupid.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Franko on May 21, 2022, 11:53:47 AM
Oh I know exactly what they mean.  Here's an example where you manage to work both into a single sentence.  ;D

If you think lads at other sports aren't throwing bets on themselves in irrelevant games I have a bridge for sale.

So you are stating as a fact there isn't an issue with players gambling in the GAA?

;D

Yes or no?

The Athlone thing was unprecedented. Mobsters used the club soely to launder money. Huge questions need to be asked of the FAI, CRO and Gardai as to how it happened.  It's much to simplistic to just say 'Irish soccer is corrupt'.

Then we go to why hookies are let offer odds on amateur games in all sports. The tempation is overwhelming and that's where Limerick may or may not be implicated. But the bookies have claimed this before with no merit.

Franko

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on May 21, 2022, 01:39:13 PM

;D

Yes or no?

The Athlone thing was unprecedented. Mobsters used the club soely to launder money. Huge questions need to be asked of the FAI, CRO and Gardai as to how it happened.  It's much to simplistic to just say 'Irish soccer is corrupt'.

Then we go to why hookies are let offer odds on amateur games in all sports. The tempation is overwhelming and that's where Limerick may or may not be implicated. But the bookies have claimed this before with no merit.

1.  It happened almost 5 years ago.  You're still at the "questions need to be asked" stage ffs. Definitely being taken seriously  ::)

2.  More deflection, another mention of "other sports" and a cut at the bookies.

LOI/FAI fanboy has his head well and truly buried at this point.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Franko on May 21, 2022, 07:56:29 PM

;D

Yes or no?

1.  It happened almost 5 years ago.  You're still at the "questions need to be asked" stage ffs. Definitely being taken seriously  ::)

2.  More deflection, another mention of "other sports" and a cut at the bookies.

LOI/FAI fanboy has his head well and truly buried at this point.
What are you on about?

Milltown Row2

;D

Yes or no?

Whether its amateur sports or professional the bookies are willing to take odds on most sports, in fact they bet on ESports ffs! Two lads that are playing FIFA on their playstation in their bedroom!...

I think they shouldn't lay odds on gaa club championship games tbh (my opinion), maybe if they are televised or finals possibly, but group games and the like, no.

Though in this thread (though it happens with every thread) stick to the topic and deal with that and debate it. throwing mud hoping it will stick at other sports looks like you have an agenda against other sports...
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Baile Brigín 2

I don't think my three core points are unreasonable

1. The Athlone thing was ridiculous and we still haven't gotten to the bottom of it. We still don't know who owned them and I think we need to. Or at least ensure it cannot happen again. The mafia shouldn't be able to buy anything, never mind sports clubs.

2. Bookies call foul too often with nothing of substance to it. They are given way too much leeway to complain when they lose. Which leads to

3. Bookies are offering odds on stuff they shouldn't. The tempation is too much at the level they offer at. I know it was England but remember that non league goalkeeper who used to eat a pie at half time? The bookies run a book for a televised game on will he won't he, he does, and gets a fine and ban, ending his career. Why are the authorities protecting them over even novelty bets gone wrong?

Any objections to that?

Franko

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on May 24, 2022, 01:51:15 PM

1. The Athlone thing was ridiculous and we still haven't gotten to the bottom of it. We still don't know who owned them and I think we need to. Or at least ensure it cannot happen again. The mafia shouldn't be able to buy anything, never mind sports clubs.

2. Bookies call foul too often with nothing of substance to it. They are given way too much leeway to complain when they lose. Which leads to

3. Bookies are offering odds on stuff they shouldn't. The tempation is too much at the level they offer at. I know it was England but remember that non league goalkeeper who used to eat a pie at half time? The bookies run a book for a televised game on will he won't he, he does, and gets a fine and ban, ending his career. Why are the authorities protecting them over even novelty bets gone wrong?

Any objections to that?

Yes, quite a few actually.

The Athlone thing happened years ago.  The fact that the footballing authorities still haven't dealt with it tells me that they are either a) incompetent or b) corrupt.

Also, have you ever stopped to wonder why 'the mafia' selected Ireland as their place of business?  And not only Ireland in general, the LOI specifically?  Did 'the mafia' just throw a dart at a wall and it landed on Lissywollen?  Did they fcuk.  These people spotted lax oversight and corrupt officialdom and filled their boots.

2 & 3.
Now that you've been called out on your 'other sports' bullshit, the focus has moved to the bookies.  There are questions to be asked about what bookies offer markets on.  But there are quite a few more pertinent questions which should be dealt with first.  Anything but point the finger where it should be pointed  ::)

0/3

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Franko on May 25, 2022, 10:53:34 AM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on May 24, 2022, 01:51:15 PM

Any objections to that?

Yes, quite a few actually.

The Athlone thing happened years ago.  The fact that the footballing authorities still haven't dealt with it tells me that they are either a) incompetent or b) corrupt.

Also, have you ever stopped to wonder why 'the mafia' selected Ireland as their place of business?  And not only Ireland in general, the LOI specifically?  Did 'the mafia' just throw a dart at a wall and it landed on Lissywollen?  Did they fcuk.  These people spotted lax oversight and corrupt officialdom and filled their boots.

2 & 3.
Now that you've been called out on your 'other sports' bullshit, the focus has moved to the bookies.  There are questions to be asked about what bookies offer markets on.  But there are quite a few more pertinent questions which should be dealt with first.  Anything but point the finger where it should be pointed  ::)

0/3

1. Is my point. Lagging a few players, who have long since moved on is not a sufficient response. You agree with me!!

2. If you think this isn't happening in other sports you are deluded.