TG4 - Club Championships Coverage

Started by drici, September 23, 2007, 05:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHEEDY

Kilmacud very impressive, some great scores
nil satis nisi optimum

clarshack

Kilmacud win 1-14 to 0-9. Hard to see anyone stopping them playing like that tbh.

From the Bunker

Quote from: clarshack on October 22, 2023, 05:21:07 PMKilmacud win 1-14 to 0-9. Hard to see anyone stopping them playing like that tbh.

Shane Walsh has been a super signing.  ;D

seafoid

Shane Walsh with KC after leaving Tottenham reminds me of Harry Kane going to Bayern to win the  few titles that he couldn't with Clonbern
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

drici

Dia Sathairn  28 - 10 - 2023

Na Piarsaigh v Patrickswell   beo
5-15pm

Dia Domhnaigh  29 - 10 - 2023

Thurles Sarsfields v Kiladangan  beo
3-00pm

Just the one game on Sunday as the audience will be knackered after staying up too late because they are getting an extra hour's sleep.

onefineday

Quote from: clarshack on October 22, 2023, 04:56:41 PMSome goal from Shane Walsh
Am I the only one who thought the keeper was very poor for the goal?

Re attendance, that's as big a crowd as I've seen at a Dublin club game, in my experience, a few hundred would he a healthy attendance at club championship and for club league, it's man and a dog stuff.
It should be remembered that both clubs have reportedly got about 5,000 members each.

Re the standard of Dublin club football and attacking flair - can be as hit and miss as anywhere - I've seen loads of atrocious ultra defensive crap and a sprinkling of decent attacking games. Much the same as anywhere else.

LC

Quote from: drici on October 22, 2023, 09:18:49 PMDia Sathairn  28 - 10 - 2023

Na Piarsaigh v Patrickswell  beo
5-15pm

3-00pm

Just the one game on Sunday as the audience will be knackered after staying up too late because they are getting an extra hour's sleep.

I would have thought the Derry final might have been on bearing in mind Glen are playing and fact they just missed out on the All-Ireland last season.

blasmere

Quote from: LC on October 24, 2023, 08:36:11 AM
Quote from: drici on October 22, 2023, 09:18:49 PMDia Sathairn  28 - 10 - 2023

Na Piarsaigh v Patrickswell  beo
5-15pm

3-00pm

I would have thought the Derry final might have been on bearing in mind Glen are playing and fact they just missed out on the All-Ireland last season.

I'm not sure Derry county board would allow it to be on TG4 as it is being streamed.
A sure cure for seasickness is to sit under a tree

imtommygunn

Their streaming has been an absolute disaster though.

quit yo jibbajabba

Let's hope for same again Tommy then we'll  get er free on YouTube again 😉

Hound

Quote from: onefineday on October 24, 2023, 12:42:05 AM
Quote from: clarshack on October 22, 2023, 04:56:41 PMSome goal from Shane Walsh

Re attendance, that's as big a crowd as I've seen at a Dublin club game, in my experience, a few hundred would he a healthy attendance at club championship and for club league, it's man and a dog stuff.
It should be remembered that both clubs have reportedly got about 5,000 members each.

Re the standard of Dublin club football and attacking flair - can be as hit and miss as anywhere - I've seen loads of atrocious ultra defensive crap and a sprinkling of decent attacking games. Much the same as anywhere else.
I didn't see the semi, but apparently Crokes were blessed to beat Raheny. And there's not a chance Raheny would have gone on to win Leinster (never mind AI) so Crokes can have off days, but will be the team to beat.

No doubt that club football/hurling is a minority sport in the capital, but Dublin county final always gets a good crowd. If there was a northside team in it, it would be jam packed.
But similar to the game at a national level, there is zero promotion.  Absolutely no effort made to let the casual Dublin fan or the non-Dub GAA fan living in Dublin know that the likes of Mannion, Walsh, Basquel are playing in a county final and it might be worth a look. 

armaghniac

Quote from: Hound on October 24, 2023, 09:25:34 AM
Quote from: onefineday on October 24, 2023, 12:42:05 AM

I didn't see the semi, but apparently Crokes were blessed to beat Raheny. And there's not a chance Raheny would have gone on to win Leinster (never mind AI) so Crokes can have off days, but will be the team to beat.

No doubt that club football/hurling is a minority sport in the capital, but Dublin county final always gets a good crowd. If there was a northside team in it, it would be jam packed.
But similar to the game at a national level, there is zero promotion.  Absolutely no effort made to let the casual Dublin fan or the non-Dub GAA fan living in Dublin know that the likes of Mannion, Walsh, Basquel are playing in a county final and it might be worth a look. 

The different parts of the GAA do not join up, the likes of Dublin has a large number of season ticket holders at county level. Now some of these have a county+club season ticket, but the remainder would never receive an email with a list of club fixtures or any encouragement to attend. Obviously, people are mostly interested in their own club, but the likes of a final should attract some neutrals.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Rossfan

Often wonder does the GAA not want people turning up for games?
Promotion of games almost non existent which is baffling for an organisation who gets most of its money from gate receipts.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Eire90

seems like they only really care about inter county as thats the big money maker.

imtommygunn

They're even terrible at it in the league. The last day of the league should be getting major coverage round grounds etc with different permutations live but nothing.