Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on October 18, 2022, 09:38:57 AM
Retired British pilots getting paid a fortune to train Chinese pilots. Great for them £££,  how is that not a serious offence though.

Some once said "Greed is Good"

Not sure if it was Gordon Greco, or Jacob Rees-Mogg, or Julia Hartley-Brewer, or Ben Habib, or Ian Og Paisley.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

johnnycool

Quote from: Orior on October 18, 2022, 04:11:38 PM
Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on October 18, 2022, 09:38:57 AM
Retired British pilots getting paid a fortune to train Chinese pilots. Great for them £££,  how is that not a serious offence though.

Some once said "Greed is Good"

Not sure if it was Gordon Greco, or Jacob Rees-Mogg, or Julia Hartley-Brewer, or Ben Habib, or Ian Og Paisley.

Capitalism is all about selling your goods and services to the highest bidder..

Well done those pilot's lining their pockets for a few Yuan..

Armagh18

Not really sure what thread to put this one in, suppose this as good as any. See a total ban on evictions from November to March. Obviously has it's benefits, but what is a landlord to do with a nightmare tenant that won't pay ?

Wildweasel74

Brother had that problem before with tenants who wouldn't pay, even though they had the money, heard a couple of horror stories elsewhere, a big landlord can take a hit but a 1house landlord be depending on every payment. A game I wouldn't get into.

Franko

#ibelieveher  ::)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-63307754

The principal of a special needs school in Londonderry who was found not guilty of rape and sexual assault charges has said he has lost all faith in the police and criminal justice system.

Michael Dobbins was cleared of 10 charges last week.

Throughout the two-week trial, a number of witnesses claimed the alleged victim was "besotted by" and "adored" him.

Mr Dobbins said he intended to take legal action against the police and the Public Prosecution Service (PPS).

JoG2

https://www.derrynow.com/news/derry-news/941241/rowdy-scenes-at-derry-magistrate-s-court-as-anti-lock-down-protesters-disrupted-proceedings.html

Same guff the right wing were at a while back down south with the guards.

"Judge McElholm said he could believe whatever he liked from the Internet but he had to make his case on November 15."

Rudi

Quote from: Armagh18 on October 18, 2022, 05:49:20 PM
Not really sure what thread to put this one in, suppose this as good as any. See a total ban on evictions from November to March. Obviously has it's benefits, but what is a landlord to do with a nightmare tenant that won't pay ?

Proof that the Irish republic is going down a far- left abyss. A great day for scum bags, Paul Murphy & people before people must be proud. Wait until the drug Fentanyl reaches Ireland - God love us all. This is why Italy, Sweden, UK are turning to the hard right. Don't get me wrong they're not much better, however history has shown, in times of crisis people turn to populists.

Truth hurts

Quote from: Rudi on October 19, 2022, 09:01:14 AM

Proof that the Irish republic is going down a far- left abyss. A great day for scum bags, Paul Murphy & people before people must be proud. Wait until the drug Fentanyl reaches Ireland - God love us all. This is why Italy, Sweden, UK are turning to the hard right. Don't get me wrong they're not much better, however history has shown, in times of crisis people turn to populists.

how is it a great day for scum bags

imtommygunn

Have you seen the shit going on with landlords and rent hikes? Then your take on it is a great day for scumbags??

It must be the fault of the
Quotetofu-eating wokerati
:o

Armagh18

Don't get me wrong there are plenty of scumbags on both sides- tenants that refuse to pay/make a complete mess of the house. Plenty of sc**bag landlords as well as seen by the extortionate rent prices nationwide.

trailer

Quote from: JoG2 on October 19, 2022, 08:48:33 AM
https://www.derrynow.com/news/derry-news/941241/rowdy-scenes-at-derry-magistrate-s-court-as-anti-lock-down-protesters-disrupted-proceedings.html

Same guff the right wing were at a while back down south with the guards.

"Judge McElholm said he could believe whatever he liked from the Internet but he had to make his case on November 15."

O'Neill shouted that he was 'a living man' and they had no right to touch him and demanded to see 'the judge's oath of office.'

A living man, lol. These people are f**king ridiculous.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Armagh18 on October 19, 2022, 09:30:38 AM

Don't get me wrong there are plenty of scumbags on both sides- tenants that refuse to pay/make a complete mess of the house. Plenty of sc**bag landlords as well as seen by the extortionate rent prices nationwide.

Yeah but it depends what you read tbh. Views get shaped a lot by what you read  :o

clarshack

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on October 18, 2022, 06:51:00 PM
Brother had that problem before with tenants who wouldn't pay, even though they had the money, heard a couple of horror stories elsewhere, a big landlord can take a hit but a 1house landlord be depending on every payment. A game I wouldn't get into.

I'm an accidental landlord (1 house) and yes someone like me is depending on every payment. thankfully the tenants have always paid so far but this eviction ban is the sort of thing that could motivate a tenant into not paying.

Rudi

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 19, 2022, 09:22:39 AM

Have you seen the shit going on with landlords and rent hikes? Then your take on it is a great day for scumbags??

We live in a capitalist western society, unfortunately landlords can charge what the market is willing to pay. If I'm a landlord & I'm dependent on the rent to pay my mortgage, I will likely default through no fault of my own. What if I want to sell the property or the renter is trashing the property.  The Irish republic is not a subsidized state, no magic money tree here. Your last comment/ quote is un-called for in this context.

clarshack

Quote from: Rudi on October 19, 2022, 10:11:08 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on October 19, 2022, 09:22:39 AM

We live in a capitalist western society, unfortunately landlords can charge what the market is willing to pay. If I'm a landlord & I'm dependent on the rent to pay my mortgage, I will likely default through no fault of my own. What if I want to sell the property or the renter is trashing the property. The Irish republic is not a subsidized state, no magic money tree here. Your last comment/ quote is un-called for in this context.

what if say a couple split up and one of them needed to move into their rented property (assuming the couple weren't depending on the rental income) ?