County Manager Merry go round

Started by Rossfan, August 11, 2015, 02:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twohands!!!

Quote from: Blowitupref on October 10, 2022, 12:33:52 AM
Irish Examiner reporting that former Galway and Sligo manager Kevin Walsh is in line to join John Cleary's Cork senior football set-up as coach in 2023

From what I remember him he was fairly critical about Cork after the Cork Galway game in the league last year on the Examiner podcast.

I mean Galway did score 3-22 but interesting that he has thrown his lot in with them.

Rossfan

Seems Tom Cribbin is to be our new man (this week!!)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

J70

Quote from: Rudi on October 19, 2022, 09:53:20 PM
https://www.donegallive.ie/news/gaa/942816/has-rory-kavanagh-withdrawn-from-donegal-managers-race.html

Apparently McEniff said it was partly down to the online abuse he received after the county final.

Who do we turn to now?

Shaun Paul Barrett?

Would make it a good month for his household after his daughter's heroics for Ireland.

Rudi

Quote from: J70 on October 20, 2022, 01:11:51 PM
https://www.donegallive.ie/news/gaa/942816/has-rory-kavanagh-withdrawn-from-donegal-managers-race.html

Apparently McEniff said it was partly down to the online abuse he received after the county final.

Who do we turn to now?

Shaun Paul Barrett?

I think its a pity for Donegal that Kavanagh won't take it, thats if reports are true. Donegal are like Roscommon, the process is dragging out & not too many suitable candidates are letting their names go forward. Its a bit shocking a team playing top tier football like Donegal, can't find a manager. Potential candidates must feel Donegal & Roscommon are on a downward spiral.

Would make it a good month for his household after his daughter's heroics for Ireland.

Goldengreen

Rudi

I wonder will he advertise for an s&c coach on donedeal or LinkedIn  ;D

the goal was on

aidan o rourke, sweet jesus! how do u go from number 2 at down where they couldn't win a game to manager of a div 1 team. alan pardew of the gaa!

J70

Quote from: Rudi on October 20, 2022, 01:19:05 PM

Who do we turn to now?

Shaun Paul Barrett?

I think its a pity for Donegal that Kavanagh won't take it, thats if reports are true. Donegal are like Roscommon, the process is dragging out & not too many suitable candidates are letting their names go forward. Its a bit shocking a team playing top tier football like Donegal, can't find a manager. Potential candidates must feel Donegal & Roscommon are on a downward spiral.

That's where we're at. Its not just the supporters who are disillusioned with Donegal football.

That said, plenty would start to come back if we would leave the negative, fearful shite behind and play some football where we're having a go. If we get a few hammerings along the way, so be it. But the bilge they've served up since that 2020 Ulster Final has to end somewhere. Getting hammered by Armagh was no fun whatsoever, and worrying, but what was far worse were those last 90 seconds of normal time against Derry when we had the ball but wouldn't take a chance to go up the field to try to win the game.

Whoever the new man ends up being, there has to be some marching orders going in on the style of play and a reassurance that patience will accompany any positive change in approach.

Rudi

Quote from: J70 on October 20, 2022, 04:40:29 PM

Who do we turn to now?

Shaun Paul Barrett?

That's where we're at. Its not just the supporters who are disillusioned with Donegal football.

That said, plenty would start to come back if we would leave the negative, fearful shite behind and play some football where we're having a go. If we get a few hammerings along the way, so be it. But the bilge they've served up since that 2020 Ulster Final has to end somewhere. Getting hammered by Armagh was no fun whatsoever, and worrying, but what was far worse were those last 90 seconds of normal time against Derry when we had the ball but wouldn't take a chance to go up the field to try to win the game.

Whoever the new man ends up being, there has to be some marching orders going in on the style of play and a reassurance that patience will accompany any positive change in approach.

Would agree with all that, I take it your happy the manager of the recent county champions, didnt let his name go forward.
Brand of football is awful.

referee

Mal O Rourke especially if they get beat on Sunday or early Ulster??

Wildweasel74

Only 1 man for it, Michael Murphy

Blowitupref

The identity of the new Roscommon senior football manager will be known next week. Special county board meeting on Wednesday next where it is expected that a name will be brought forward for ratification.  Pat Flanagan current Padraig Pearses still in the running and if rumours are to believed current Ballymun manager Brendan Hackett and Davy Burke who led Kildare U20s to the 2018 All Ireland title are the other candidates.     
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

J70

Quote from: Rudi on October 20, 2022, 05:29:27 PM
Quote from: J70 on October 20, 2022, 04:40:29 PM

Who do we turn to now?

Shaun Paul Barrett?

Would agree with all that, I take it your happy the manager of the recent county champions, didnt let his name go forward.
Brand of football is awful.

Indeed.

I don't know Regan and you can't really blame NC trying to maximize what they can get from their pick, but those tactics are unwatchable and a spent force at intercounty level.

J70

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on October 20, 2022, 07:10:05 PM
Only 1 man for it, Michael Murphy

I seriously doubt he has the time.

I believe he's getting married soon, he is not too far into his career at the ATU in Letterkenny, has the shop and is still playing club and county.