Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StephenC

Fine recently. If I were you , I'd aim to be in the airport for 9am. Note that I don't shop/browse, so add time for that if you plan to.

PMG1

Flew from Dublin a few days ago and no delays at all, plenty of staff on board and everything run smoothly, credit where credits is due, much better than Belfast at the minute

armaghniac

I flew from Dublin on Thursday lunchtime and there were no great problems at security. Half the delay is caused by people arguing with the security people about bottles of water, perfume bottles and the like FFS.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

ziggy90

Quote from: PMG1 on August 28, 2022, 12:01:06 AM
Flew from Dublin a few days ago and no delays at all, plenty of staff on board and everything run smoothly, credit where credits is due, much better than Belfast at the minute

I flew from Belfast to Birmingham yesterday, no problems whatsoever. The flight even took off on time.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Tony Baloney

Folks looking for a city break at start April. With the missus working, at best we'd be travelling late Friday/early Sat and back Monday evening, so somewhere reasonably close i.e. 2hrs-ish flight or closer. Recommendations please! Also considering Cork but price gouging in the south is off putting.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 03, 2022, 10:06:52 PM
Folks looking for a city break at start April. With the missus working, at best we'd be travelling late Friday/early Sat and back Monday evening, so somewhere reasonably close i.e. 2hrs-ish flight or closer. Recommendations please!

Malaga you won't be disappointed

Thank me later  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 03, 2022, 10:07:29 PM
Folks looking for a city break at start April. With the missus working, at best we'd be travelling late Friday/early Sat and back Monday evening, so somewhere reasonably close i.e. 2hrs-ish flight or closer. Recommendations please!

Thank me later  ;D
Funny I was thinking about it last night as you were talking about it but considered it a bit too far for a couple of nights. Still doable you think?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 03, 2022, 10:09:03 PM

Thank me later  ;D
Funny I was thinking about it last night as you were talking about it but considered it a bit too far for a couple of nights. Still doable you think?

Great restaurants bars were busy band 10 or do minutes from airport
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

HiMucker

Thank me later  ;D
Ha just mentioned malaga on the other thread!
The thing that annoys me is the amount of times I have flown in there to go somewhere else not as good before I got on to it. Great spot

PMG1

Folks looking for a city break at start April. With the missus working, at best we'd be travelling late Friday/early Sat and back Monday evening, so somewhere reasonably close i.e. 2hrs-ish flight or closer. Recommendations please! Also considering Cork but price gouging in the south is off putting.
Porto, best city in Europe, you won't regret it. Cheap flights, €12 taxi from airport to city centre, great food, great people, can recommend a brilliant accommodation if you need

JimStynes

Paris is my favourite city break out of them all. Only a short flight away too.

JoG2

Scandalous. We were away for a few nights mid week recently , the hotel prices in the Donegal, Sligo, Mayo areas were off the charts. Ended up in Italy.

JimStynes

Quote from: JoG2 on October 04, 2022, 07:46:05 AM

Scandalous. We were away for a few nights mid week recently , the hotel prices in the Donegal, Sligo, Mayo areas were off the charts. Ended up in Italy.

And if things go tits up they'll be on the TV crying about the industry struggling. They've been pricing local people out of it for years.

trailer

Quote from: JimStynes on October 04, 2022, 07:53:46 AM

And if things go tits up they'll be on the TV crying about the industry struggling. They've been pricing local people out of it for years.

Totally agree. North not much better. Anniversary coming up for me and Mrs trailer and we decided its just not worth paying the prices that they are charging. 

Tony Baloney

Quote from: trailer on October 04, 2022, 08:57:21 AM
Quote from: JimStynes on October 04, 2022, 07:53:46 AM

Totally agree. North not much better. Anniversary coming up for me and Mrs trailer and we decided its just not worth paying the prices that they are charging.
Colin Neill will be on wondering why people won't support local businesses charging 7 quid a pint and 250 quid a night for a Holiday Inn. :'(