Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Quote from: Last Man on August 24, 2022, 08:37:47 AM
Think there still is a Brexit prejudice against travellers from UK. They are subject to more scrutiny than EU passport holders. Have seen Uk passport holders taken aside because they were missing a stamp from departing Dublin. Not always but it happens.

"prejudice" is a very odd word to use here, this is not the Daily Mail. The rules have changed because the British withdrew from the previous ones.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on August 24, 2022, 09:45:52 AM
Think there still is a Brexit prejudice against travellers from UK. They are subject to more scrutiny than EU passport holders. Have seen Uk passport holders taken aside because they were missing a stamp from departing Dublin. Not always but it happens.

"prejudice" is a very odd word to use here, this is not the Daily Mail. The rules have changed because the British withdrew from the previous ones.

Yeah but the original question on this was about paperwork for covid passes..... No one was getting past the airport in Spain that I was in regardless of the line they used  for covid checks... They all then lined up to see the three people who were checking apps on phones.. Maybe its different in other airports though
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Last Man

Your awful easy triggered! I think my choice of word stems from my empathy with fellow travellers who when chatting with them seemed like really nice people. Don't know anything about the Daily Mail, don't even read the IN anymore. They are cajoling us into various tribes and I don't have any time for it.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Last Man on August 24, 2022, 10:21:21 AM

Your awful easy triggered! I think my choice of word stems from my empathy with fellow travellers who when chatting with them seemed like really nice people. Don't know anything about the Daily Mail, don't even read the IN anymore. They are cajoling us into various tribes and I don't have any time for it.

They are sometimes nice, but you cant run with the fox and the hound, they have made their bed

mouview

Do think British citizens are treated less favourably now when going through customs. i.e. more kiosks / resources available to EU citizens than others. They can't complain, that's what they signed up for.

armaghniac

One notable piece of damage by Brexit has been to the English language, where black is declared to be white.
A notable part of this is criticising EU rules, when of course the rules have not changed. You even here this in the 6 counties in regard to the Protocol that the "EU is inflexible" which is the nature of a regulation.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

yellowcard

What some might see as prejudice, others might see as rules that have to be followed. Which they chose. You can't have your cake and eat it. I'm sure there are some nice people among them but the majority of them opted to go it alone for the promised sunny uplands of Brexit, you can't just pick and choose the bits that you like. Like the expats in the south of Spain complaining that they can no longer take up residence in their holiday homes for part of the year, many of who themselves voted for Brexit.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: yellowcard on August 24, 2022, 01:26:47 PM

What some might see as prejudice, others might see as rules that have to be followed. Which they chose. You can't have your cake and eat it. I'm sure there are some nice people among them but the majority of them opted to go it alone for the promised sunny uplands of Brexit, you can't just pick and choose the bits that you like. Like the expats in the south of Spain complaining that they can no longer take up residence in their holiday homes for part of the year, many of who themselves voted for Brexit.

I'm not sure they did but it looks good  ;D

Having been to Spain, I didn't see any issues for anybody with different passports, and I was looking to see how better off I'd be, nothing to report to be fair, I got on the plane a the same time as everyone else and I didn't see huge queues of uk passport holders, I certainly didn't see anymore shops or extra toilets for the EU passport holders  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 24, 2022, 01:37:48 PM

Having been to Spain, I didn't see any issues for anybody with different passports, and I was looking to see how better off I'd be, nothing to report to be fair, I got on the plane a the same time as everyone else and I didn't see huge queues of uk passport holders, I certainly didn't see anymore shops or extra toilets for the EU passport holders  ;D

Ive come through both Holland and portugal-nightmare for UK passports, queues were awful, I went straight through on Irish passport. To be fair I thought the Portuguese staff were enjoying it maybe a wee bit too much lol. If they didnt vote for this then they aint very smart

yellowcard

Well, we can only guess the breakdown but I have read several instances of Brexit expats complaining that they had to spend more time living in Britain since the implementation of Brexit. Many of them have had to return home due to the barriers put in place between drivers licences, additional taxes, residency rules, import taxes, pensions etc. Some of the same people will likely be complaining that there are too many immigrants taking their jobs or living off state welfare.   

gallsman

Quote from: armaghniac on August 24, 2022, 01:08:19 PM

One notable piece of damage by Brexit has been to the English language, where black is declared to be white.
A notable part of this is criticising EU rules, when of course the rules have not changed. You even here this in the 6 counties in regard to the Protocol that the "EU is inflexible" which is the nature of a regulation.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on August 24, 2022, 01:49:10 PM

Ive come through both Holland and portugal-nightmare for UK passports, queues were awful, I went straight through on Irish passport. To be fair I thought the Portuguese staff were enjoying it maybe a wee bit too much lol. If they didnt vote for this then they aint very smart
Was thru Faro at the end of July and there was a wee man siphoning off Irish passport holders for a fast-track lane and leaving the many UK passport holders to fight their way to the front of the non-EU queues.

trailer

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 24, 2022, 03:25:18 PM

Was thru Faro at the end of July and there was a wee man siphoning off Irish passport holders for a fast-track lane and leaving the many UK passport holders to fight their way to the front of the non-EU queues.

File this under "Things you love to see"

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 24, 2022, 03:25:18 PM

Exact same here, same in Schipol

dec

What are check-in times at Dublin airport like at the moment? Flying to the US tomorrow 11:10am departure