Tipp v Mayo AI semi final (still doesnt sound right!!)

Started by tippabu, August 07, 2016, 10:48:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moysider

Quote from: rrhf on August 20, 2016, 02:23:14 AM
Fcuk me can't believe we aren't there. Tyrone should have beat Mayo. Tip will.

Nah. Mayo should have beat Tyrone with a bit to spare. Tyrone got the most out of themselves this year.

Mayo should have put some daylight in when we were on top.

No doubt Tipp can win this. If they do, then you can console yourself that Tyrone were not there. Unless you are deluded that Tyrone would do better against Tipp than a team that had already beaten Tyrone.

Aaron Boone

I see a similar scoreline to when Tyrone beat Wexford in 2008 semi: 0-23 to 1-14 for Mayo.

JoG2

Quote from: rrhf on August 20, 2016, 02:23:14 AM
Fcuk me can't believe we aren't there. Tyrone should have beat Mayo. Tip will.

That reminds me,  I'm due a night out on the beers  ;D

highorlow

Quietest build up to a semi ever I'd say.

Hope Rochford starts Conor O'Shea,  it's a game that could suit him. He has the look of a man ready to do damage.

I presume Diarmuid won't start?

I'd imagine Donie will man mark quinlivan and Higgins will look after fox.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

BennyHarp

Fully expect Mayo to win this easy enough! Hard to get excited about this particular match up though!
That was never a square ball!!

tippabu

The Tipperary Senior Football team to play Mayo in the All Ireland Semi-Final Sunday is

1 Evan Comerford (Kilsheelan Kilcash)
2 Colm O Shaughnessy (Ardfinnan)
3 Alan Campbell (Moyle Rovers)
4 Ciaran McDonald (Aherlow)
5 Bill Maher (Kilsheelan Kilcash)
6 Robbie Kiely (Carbery Rangers)
7 Jimmy Feehan (Killenaule)
8 Peter Acheson Capt (Moyle Rovers)
9 George Hannigan (Shannon Rovers)
10 Josh Keane (Golden Kilfeacle)
11 Michael Quinlivan (Clonmel Commercials)
12 Brian Fox (Eire Og Annacarthy)
13 Kevin O Halloran (Portroe)
14 Conor Sweeney (Ballyporeen)
15 Philip Austin (Borrisokane)

highorlow

Not worth risking, carrying injuries, needs a rest.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

MayoBuck

Quote from: highorlow on August 20, 2016, 03:51:52 PM
Not worth risking, carrying injuries, needs a rest.

He'll definitely start. His injury was some kind of knock so 2 weeks rest should be plenty.

ZeitChrist

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on August 19, 2016, 05:30:40 PM
Think if Mayo are to win the final they need to be winning this by 5+ points. They will get no credit for inching past Tipperary, a decent victory should fill their sails with enough wind to seriously attack the final. So Mayo by 6 for me.

The margin by which a team wins a semifinal has no bearing on whether or not they win the final. If Mayo hammer Tipp it'll be said that Tipp were never any good to begin with, Mayo haven't been tested enough before the final, etc., if they win by a point, it'll be said that they made too much hard work of it, how will they beat an even better team in the final etc. All Mayo need to do is win the game, by whatever margin. The only way they have no chance of winning the final is if they're not in it. It doesn't matter how they get there.

For what it's worth, I think Mayo will win, but only by a couple of points or so. I think Tipp will throw the kitchen sink at them and are probably a bit better than people are giving them credit for. However, Mayo's experience, bench and physicality should see them through.

Rossfan

Up Tipp ( representing Connacht) but Rhus to win by 5.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

tippabu

Any word on ticket sales so far? All the talk on the radio is 50k which i really cant see myself.

Captain Obvious

On the subject of the margin of victory I think Tipperary will be more than happy with a one point win.

Mayo Club 51

Quote from: tippabu on August 20, 2016, 05:42:56 PM
Any word on ticket sales so far? All the talk on the radio is 50k which i really cant see myself.

50,000 tickets sold was said earlier in the week, Croke PArk expecting 55,000 plus.

Ballaghman

Quote from: Rossfan on August 20, 2016, 05:24:50 PM
Up Tipp ( representing Connacht) but Rhus to win by 5.
'Rhus'..... yawn. 'Mayowestros'.......yawn. As long as that attitude exists, you'll forever be in our shadow