The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heganboy

all 3 players play 1 and 2, then over to 17 and 18.
Lowest score wins outright.
If still tied then replay 18 as sudden death until there's a winner.

At least another hour of nervy golf...

And by the way- ticket for the open today- ten quid!
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

heganboy

and Jordan Spieth- major winner, major winner, one shot off a playoff???
that's one of the best years of golf in 50 years, if not the best.

it will be interesting to see how Spieth and Rory shape up over the next wee while.
It really does look as if they are a level above the rest of the pack when playing well

ONeill

Don't mind who wins it now. Probably the lad without a major.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

gerrykeegan

Finally in from work. I have Louis with a new account whose offer was treble the odds.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

heganboy

Happily take my punt on Louis with Paddy P at 41-1

JPGJOHNNYG

Not sure who I want to win this. Im not very fond of any of those guys. Its been exciting stuff today although I think I prefer when they struggle round Carnoustie in a hurricane than this although the Irish boys did their best to make it look unplayable today - very disappointing stuff. Dunne will learn from it but I cant believe how poor Padraig was today with all his experience, especially round St Andrews.

heganboy

ZJ wins the Open!
fair play! can't believe L.O.'s putt stayed out.

Minder

Goes to show you don't have to be a boomer to win at St Andrews
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

laoislad

Quote from: Minder on July 20, 2015, 08:02:05 PM
Goes to show you don't have to be a boomer to win at St Andrews
Or have to play the Scottish Open the week before.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

trileacman

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on July 20, 2015, 07:37:32 PM
Not sure who I want to win this. Im not very fond of any of those guys. Its been exciting stuff today although I think I prefer when they struggle round Carnoustie in a hurricane than this although the Irish boys did their best to make it look unplayable today - very disappointing stuff. Dunne will learn from it but I cant believe how poor Padraig was today with all his experience, especially round St Andrews.

Agreed, disliked them all. Do Americans get lessons at school at giving banal, shite, post-victory commentary? "She's my rock." FFS.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Gabriel_Hurl

They speak a lot better and more eloquently than many other sportsmen

screenexile

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on July 20, 2015, 08:11:14 PM
They speak a lot better and more eloquently than many other sportsmen

Indeed!!

What exactly are they supposed to say??

laoislad

Quote from: trileacman on July 20, 2015, 08:09:50 PM

Agreed, disliked them all. Do Americans get lessons at school at giving banal, shite, post-victory commentary? "She's my rock." FFS.
Don't judge everyone by your own low standards.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: laoislad on July 20, 2015, 08:23:00 PM

Don't judge everyone by your own low standards.

OK in fairness to Leishman I dont know much about him but the other two both lack any charisma but what do I know Bubba seems a likeable guy on TV but in reality is supposed to be intolerable.

Minder

What's wrong with Louis & Leishman?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"