The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

Where's the outcry??

Get over yourselves ffs, Murphy's dog out again tonight.

manfromdelmonte

Tory, Tory, Man United

Oh wait, wrong thread

quit yo jibbajabba

Tony Baloney

Wrong decision. Henry is a billionaire - pay your non-playing staff until this is over.

David McKeown

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 05, 2020, 12:56:21 AM
Wrong decision. Henry is a billionaire - pay your non-playing staff until this is over.

As a matter of interest what's the threshold for personal wealth to mean he should pay personally? Or even the threshold at which businesses should pay?

I wouldn't expect anyone to pay more tax than they are liable for I therefore don't think there's anything wrong with Liverpool or anyone else for that matter using government support in this matter.  I accept that may not be a popular opinion.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

trailer

It's a really scummy move. Says everything you need to know about Liverpool. They've no interest in the common good. We're not all in this together. Every decision is a monetary one. It's not whether it's right, it's whether it's financially a good decision. Scummy, scummy move.

trailer

As a whole the Premier League are handling this terribly. Slow with the cancellation. Furloughing staff. Not looking to help clubs lower down. They are the most greedy businesses around. Out for themselves. Profit. Bottom line. Awful.

trailer

Good to see many ex players come out and say that it's a wrong move. Hamman & Carragher.

RedHand88

Quote from: trailer on April 05, 2020, 07:08:33 AM
It's a really scummy move. Says everything you need to know about Liverpool. They've no interest in the common good. We're not all in this together. Every decision is a monetary one. It's not whether it's right, it's whether it's financially a good decision. Scummy, scummy move.

Get away with that crap. Its being criticised from every corner of Liverpool football club - fans, past players etc.

trailer

Quote from: RedHand88 on April 05, 2020, 09:03:10 AM

Get away with that crap. Its being criticised from every corner of Liverpool football club - fans, past players etc.

I stand over that. Liverpool let on they're this holier than thou club. They're not. And this proves it.

laoislad

We get it trailer you are completely and oh so genuinely outraged by this  ;)
Now piss off no one cares what you think.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

laoislad

Yep, the real Liverpool Football Club have all come out against this. A decision made by American business men is what this actually is. No different than the dicking around that the Glazers do at Man United or any other owners of the other clubs.
Of course you now have all the idiots who can't contain themselves with their faux outrage.

At the end of the day the workers will still be paid which can only be a good thing imo. I don't think the owners should have made this move but it is what it is. It certainly isn't a reflection on the real Liverpool Fc, as I'm sure Man United fans don't see any of the Glazers dick moves as a reflection on the real Man United.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Taylor

Quote from: laoislad on April 05, 2020, 09:29:47 AM

Yep, the real Liverpool Football Club have all come out against this. A decision made by American business men is what this actually is. No different than the dicking around that the Glazers do at Man United or any other owners of the other clubs.
Of course you now have all the idiots who can't contain themselves with their faux outrage.

At the end of the day the workers will still be paid which can only be a good thing imo. I don't think the owners should have made this move but it is what it is. It certainly isn't a reflection on the real Liverpool Fc, as I'm sure Man United fans don't see any of the Glazers dick moves as a reflection on the real Man United.

The real Liverpool FC....give me a break LL.
There is one club. Pure and simple.

Very surprised at this.
While not a supporter by any means I had looked on enviously at the style they are playing and the family feel of the club.
Klopp really epitomised this.

But this move shows Liverpool are no different than any other club.
Utd with Glazers, City with oil money etc etc

manfromdelmonte

Look, people are outraged at the club for their morals here, but it's not like the players and club staff are after coming out wearing tee shirts defending a racist or anything

quit yo jibbajabba

Trailer and delmonte seem REALLY outraged about this. Who is the most outraged. Could we have a vote?