Mrs browne

Started by lawnseed, March 24, 2017, 10:45:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Mrs. Brown is like some of the worst shite Pat Shorty has produced - Kilnascully, jumbo breakfast roll etc.

laoislad

For something that everyone is calling muck the show has been a massive success so there must be someone who doesn't think it's muck.
It's not my cup of tea either but fair play to Brendan O'Carroll and his crew.
I've seen it the odd time and have laughed at bits and pieces of it but it wouldn't be something I'd have on series link or anything.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

gallsman

Quote from: laoislad on March 27, 2017, 01:05:05 PM
For something that everyone is calling muck the show had been a massive success so there must be someone who doesn't think it's muck.
I've seen it the odd time and have laughed at bits and pieces of it but it wouldn't be something I'd have on series link or anything.

Agreed, fair play to him.

I haven't heard anyone begruding him the success but I don't think that's incompatible with it being complete shite. X-Factor is also massively successful and is also garbage.

Owen Brannigan

This one for the oldies.  Mrs Brown is a ripoff of Jimmy Young back in the 1970s on BBC N.Ireland but brought up to date with a bit more course rather than suggestive language.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylzR8thQ-7E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWpD6v1hB0U

Tony Baloney

Quote from: gallsman on March 27, 2017, 01:09:41 PM
Quote from: laoislad on March 27, 2017, 01:05:05 PM
For something that everyone is calling muck the show had been a massive success so there must be someone who doesn't think it's muck.

Agreed, fair play to him.

I haven't heard anyone begruding him the success but I don't think that's incompatible with it being complete shite. X-Factor is also massively successful and is also garbage.
Agree with both of you. It obviously has a market and he's doing well off the back of it so more power to him. There has been and is lots of dung (IMO) over the years which has been massively popular. Opinions are like arseholes.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: NAG1 on March 27, 2017, 12:46:56 PM
Quote from: screenexile on March 27, 2017, 12:35:57 PM
I think Mrs Brown is absolute muck... just like Give my Head Peace is muck but people like it so more power to them it's not my cup of tea.

Different people like different things I love most of Ricky Gervais' work and think The Office is probably the most genius sitcom ever written but he massively divides opinion depending on who you speak to.

Each to their own I say but the Mrs or the parents wouldn't need to be putting on Mrs Brown when I'm in the house!!

Mrs Brown pure muck.
Ricky Gervais I have never found in the slightest bit funny not even by accident.

+2 here. Cant watch 2 mins of either!

J70

Haven't seen anything from Brendan O'Carroll in years, but he turned me off when he ripped off a couple of things from Billy Connolly back in the early 90s and presented them as his own. I know lots of comedians "borrow" from each other (Denis Leary was always accused of stealing from Bill Hicks), but this was almost word for word and so blatant that I could never warm to him.

Avondhu star

Quote from: J70 on March 27, 2017, 04:35:02 PM
Haven't seen anything from Brendan O'Carroll in years, but he turned me off when he ripped off a couple of things from Billy Connolly back in the early 90s and presented them as his own. I know lots of comedians "borrow" from each other (Denis Leary was always accused of stealing from Bill Hicks), but this was almost word for word and so blatant that I could never warm to him.
I agree. Its full of rehashed "jokes" from the 80s.
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

podge

Quote from: Walter Cronc on March 27, 2017, 03:46:45 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on March 27, 2017, 12:46:56 PM
Quote from: screenexile on March 27, 2017, 12:35:57 PM
I think Mrs Brown is absolute muck... just like Give my Head Peace is muck but people like it so more power to them it's not my cup of tea.

Different people like different things I love most of Ricky Gervais' work and think The Office is probably the most genius sitcom ever written but he massively divides opinion depending on who you speak to.

Each to their own I say but the Mrs or the parents wouldn't need to be putting on Mrs Brown when I'm in the house!!

Mrs Brown pure muck.
Ricky Gervais I have never found in the slightest bit funny not even by accident.

+2 here. Cant watch 2 mins of either!

+3.  I thought I was the only one that didn't quite get Ricky Gervais as most people seem to idolise him and the office.  I   don't either.   There is something kinda arrogant the way he comes across.  Maybe he's just English

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: podge on March 27, 2017, 08:35:38 PM
I thought I was the only one that didn't quite get Ricky Gervais as most people seem to idolise him and the office.  I   don't either.   There is something kinda arrogant the way he comes across.  Maybe he's just English

I don't either and thought it was an age thing.

Hoof Hearted

Used to be a fan of this, and give my head peace,but after this week, f**k oh
Never saw worse
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Wildweasel74

Was decent the series but the last 5/6 Christmas espiodes were poor enough, didn't even watch this yrs.when u compare to Fawlty Towers, Father Ted, BlackAdder, Only Fools and Horses. It would barely register.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on December 29, 2022, 01:34:59 AM
Was decent the series but the last 5/6 Christmas espiodes were poor enough, didn't even watch this yrs.

Agree the series was decent,  but if ever anything was played out this is it
But, just like society these days in general, if there's loads of cash to be made.....
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

general_lee

How did any of you ever think this was good?

Nanderson

I always found this show very funny up until this year. Maybe because it reminds me of my late granny. They were lucky that covid gave them some new material to perform last year but this years Christmas episode was pure dire.