Power balance

Started by supersub, October 08, 2010, 07:37:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

supersub

http://www.powerbalance.com/

Anyone have one or know anything about them? Looks like a bit of a marketing gimmick! Saw them on holiday for the first time and hadn't a clue what they were about! A lot of people seem to be buying into them! Bit expensive but going for tuppence on eBay!

Puckoon

Friend of mine wears one - and while Ive never spoken to her directly about it - I have heard her claim that "she swears by this silly little wristband".

She's in good shape with a 40 hour a week job and a 3 year old son to look after, so I am inclined to believe her, even if scientifically it could be nonsense.

The Iceman

I think they are a gimmick myself but if they get results then wear them.
Could be lucky charm syndrome who knows.

Whatever it takes!
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

supersub

Sceptical myself, would be interesting to test one out!

Hardy

Puckoon, you're a scientist, ffs.

http://www.skepdic.com/news/newsletter116.html#14

As a rule of thumb, every time one of these outfits mentions "energy", hit "ignore". If they get on to "balance" as well, go to "scam report".

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Puckoon on October 08, 2010, 07:41:28 PM
Friend of mine wears one - and while Ive never spoken to her directly about it - I have heard her claim that "she swears by this silly little wristband".

She's in good shape with a 40 hour a week job and a 3 year old son to look after, so I am inclined to believe her, even if scientifically it could be nonsense.
"could be nonsense"?! 100% no quibbles, money back, copper fastened guarantee that it is bullshit.

muppet

Quote from: Hardy on October 08, 2010, 11:59:02 PM

As a rule of thumb, every time one of these outfits mentions "energy", hit "ignore". If they get on to "balance" as well, go to "scam report".

Hardy, I think there are an awful lot of gullible people out there and instead of lecturing them we should help restore their energy equilibrium by relieving them of their toxins (or money in some languages). Any ideas?

Bog bracelets?
9 carrot rings?
Mickey Mouse watch with Power Sell?
Air resistant divers Chronometer??
MWWSI 2017

rosnarun

Aromatheraphy
Chiropractors
Homeopathy
Organic food
Chrystals
anti toxins
traditional Chinese medicine
Bioelectromagnetic-based therapies
Vitamins

the list goes on and on   
Sucker Born ever minute
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Tony Baloney

Quote from: muppet on October 09, 2010, 05:19:46 PM

Hardy, I think there are an awful lot of gullible people out there and instead of lecturing them we should help restore their energy equilibrium by relieving them of their toxins (or money in some languages). Any ideas?

Bog bracelets?
9 carrot rings?
Irish banking system?

muppet

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 09, 2010, 11:24:06 PM
Quote from: muppet on October 09, 2010, 05:19:46 PM

Bog bracelets?
9 carrot rings?
Irish banking system?

Indeed.

Irish political system.
MWWSI 2017

The Claw

Heard about these and saw the tests and it is clearly a scam that I cannot believe worked. Aparently these are selling for $60 dollars in Oz, and a friend told me a colleague of his was seling them for €20. They cost about €1.20 on ebay. The tests are purely psychological, and nothing to do with the band.

If anyone tried to tell sell me one I think I'd find it hard not to knock his head off.

I don't know if I feel sorry for the idiots who buy them or if I feel they deserve it for being so stupid.

supersub

Saw the tests on the Internet and some of them don't even show you the tests using the band! They show you which tests to do (without the band on) and then just say 'now try it with the band' but don't even show you them doing it!!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Take Your Points on January 04, 2011, 08:44:29 PM
Refunds now available
Hardly a shock. Only a gullible fool and/or Americans would be daft enough to part with 30 quid for a wristband.