Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrdeeds

Lost 4 10 to 2 14. Could have conceded more goals going by reports.

Westside

Sounds like we could have got a draw, Magee missed a sitter of a free and Antrim went down and scored the other end.

The teams lining out are among the worst we would have seen in a long number of years for Cavan. Surely the likes of Caoimhin Reilly and Ryan Connolly should be cutting their teeth here. If we don't see a huge amount of regulars return before the league, we're in trouble. Could be argued that we're going to be in trouble anyway arriving to Ennis with a team of players may be pulling on the jersey for the first time this year. If we see any more than one or two debutantes, it will be depressing.

Positives anyone? Niall McKiernan seems to be doing well.. Anyone else catching the eye?

mrdeeds

Wednesday night could be a massacre.

Itchy

Quote from: Westside on January 08, 2018, 09:35:18 PM
Sounds like we could have got a draw, Magee missed a sitter of a free and Antrim went down and scored the other end.

The teams lining out are among the worst we would have seen in a long number of years for Cavan. Surely the likes of Caoimhin Reilly and Ryan Connolly should be cutting their teeth here. If we don't see a huge amount of regulars return before the league, we're in trouble. Could be argued that we're going to be in trouble anyway arriving to Ennis with a team of players may be pulling on the jersey for the first time this year. If we see any more than one or two debutantes, it will be depressing.

Positives anyone? Niall McKiernan seems to be doing well.. Anyone else catching the eye?

I read some people saying Enda Flanagan but i wouldn't rate him that highly. On northern sound Mattie mentioned a lot of players coming back from injury like gearoid and killian. Said he won't play them against Clare unless back to 100% fit. Tyrone could decide to go all out to put manners on us, Harte has form for that.

mrdeeds

J Farrelly, D Phillips, D Monahan, D Kennedy, Conor Brady, Ciaran Brady, O Kiernan, T Galligan, P Faulkner, J Wharton, E Flanagan, N Clerkin, C Bradley, N McKiernan, B Magee

Subs
16. Raymond Galligan (Lacken)
17. Sean McCormack (Ballyhaise)
18. Cormac Daly (Castlerahan)
19. Damien McIntyre (Shercock)
20. Padraig Moore (Ballyhaise)
21. David Brady (Ballyhaise)
22. Paul Gilcreest (Lavey)
23. Conor Moynagh (Drumgoon)
24. Jason McLoughlin (Shannon Gaels)
25. Ryan Connolly (Drumlane)
26. Caoimhin O'Reilly (Butlersbridge)

mrdeeds

Can get 4s on Cavan losing by 15+. Tyrone -8 is evens.

Itchy

2-22 to 0-7.

At least we scored in both halves, that was always very important in the McKenna cup for the people who wanted Hyland out back in the day.

mrdeeds

Too many inexperienced lads. Cannon fodder. Ciaran Brady miles our best player. Of new lads McIntyre good and Kennedy. Enda Flanagan doin well in attack and defence till black card.

tommysmith

Don't panic it will come good some time in the next thirty years.

Itchy

Listen we have lost our back room team. We have lost loads of players from last year and we have not been able it seems to get any of the ones back who dropped out since Hyland left (Givney, Keating & Fergal Flanagan for example). It all points to issues in the camp to me. I really hope Mattie can salvage something in the next few weeks as this league is a big one for us. My fear is he is totally out of his depth at this level and nothing I've seen so far tells me different. According to the report in the Celt he refused to talk to the media after the game.

Duckquay

It's hard to be in any way positive looking down the line. Anything I've heard suggests that he has lost the backing of a lot of players too.
As an aside, why are lacken and gowna amalgamated at u21? Who has the shortage of players?

mrdeeds

Not sure on Southern Gaels numbers. Think 27 togged so probably both teams. Serious talent in that team.

As for Cavan by all accounts the set up is laughable.

Itchy

I'm afraid to ask but is there any positive news from the camp since the McKenna cup, any players coming back in yet?

scoopmine

It all seems very negative anyway. The team the Celt put up with players in their 20s not on the panel would fairly rattle the panel we have now. The commitment to be in the panel must be savage. I still feel we will stay up.

Itchy

Quote from: scoopmine on January 20, 2018, 12:31:30 PM
It all seems very negative anyway. The team the Celt put up with players in their 20s not on the panel would fairly rattle the panel we have now. The commitment to be in the panel must be savage. I still feel we will stay up.

I'm hoping somehow we get our shit together for next week. It would be truly depressing to see it all fall apart.