Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newbridge Exile

Watched Coco yesterday  - 9/10  , brilliant animation and an  emotional  ending that  really pulled at the heartstrings

nrico2006

Quote from: Newbridge Exile on February 18, 2018, 11:01:42 PM
Watched Coco yesterday  - 9/10  , brilliant animation and an  emotional  ending that  really pulled at the heartstrings
Have you watched Home?  Talk about tears.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Newbridge Exile on February 18, 2018, 11:01:42 PM

You're the 3rd person to mention that film over the weekend. Every one has the same recommendation.

Quote from: HiMucker on January 22, 2018, 12:17:34 AM

Thor Ragnorok -  Some craic,  good soundtrack and really good fun.  8/10

Thor is excellent- Verges more towards comedy than superhero genre. It's one the whole family can watch I'd suggest even if they don't like Marvel etc. I don't like Goldblum normally, but I thought his character was very good.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Up The Middle on January 22, 2018, 08:47:24 AM
Watched Mollys Game over the weekend. 9/10.
Maybe not a 9/10, but i thought it was quite good.
I , Tonya, I thought was very good.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Taylor

Cardboard Gangsters is a decent watch.
Sobering picture of life in some parts of Dublin

north_antrim_hound

Just watched "last flag flying"
Deals with the effects of war over two generations when an an ex Vietnam vet loses his son  in Iraq.
Doesn't hold back on criticism of US government then and now and the long lasting effects of veterans after their service.
Plenty of humorous scenes to
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

general_lee

Quote from: Taylor on February 19, 2018, 10:37:13 AM
Cardboard Gangsters is a decent watch.
Sobering picture of life in some parts of Dublin
Gave this a watch last night. Enjoyed it myself, storyline isn't that great but acting makes up for it.

bennydorano

3 Billboards is some movie, excellent stuff.

Eamonnca1

Winchester. Worth seeing, but not worth going to see. I live near that mansion and was excited to see a film about it, but was a little disappointed.

mrdeeds

Thor Ragnorok is very easy watching but maybe went a bit too much of a spoof. Also watched Hacksaw Ridge. Excellent. In a way didn't want to like it because of Gibson but it's so well acted and directed.

Syferus

Lady Bird is such a well-made movie, the writing, the directing and the performances. It has young people talking and emoting like young people, which is rare for a coming-of-age film, but just about every character feels like a real person with human reactions rather than simply walking plot devices. It took a well-worn story and made it feel vibrant by simply executing its vision so well. And it's the director/writer's debut film, which really marks her out as someone to watch for in the future.

Saoirse Ronan has became an incredible actress and she's always represented her country and her people brilliantly. I hope she wins the Oscar this weekend.

leenie

Ladybird    7.5/10
I tonya      8/10
3 billboards  8.5/10
The post   8/10
Shape of water  9/ 10
Phantom thread  8/10
The darkest hour  8/10
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Syferus on March 03, 2018, 01:39:56 AM
Lady Bird is such a well-made movie, the writing, the directing and the performances. It has young people talking and emoting like young people, which is rare for a coming-of-age film, but just about every character feels like a real person with human reactions rather than simply walking plot devices. It took a well-worn story and made it feel vibrant by simply executing its vision so well. And it's the director/writer's debut film, which really marks her out as someone to watch for in the future.

Saoirse Ronan has became an incredible actress and she's always represented her country and her people brilliantly. I hope she wins the Oscar this weekend.
Not sure she'll get it this time but it's only a matter of time.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 03, 2018, 07:23:38 PM
Quote from: Syferus on March 03, 2018, 01:39:56 AM

Not sure she'll get it this time but it's only a matter of time.
Frances McDormand looks odds on to win before Saoirse on Sunday but as you say only a matter of time before she does win a Oscar