Premier League 2017/18

Started by heganboy, July 19, 2017, 04:00:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

I thought it was a reckless tackle, had he caught him it could have broken a ankle , one foot was showing studs, I'd have said it was borderline red... No reason to dive in for the ball like that anyways
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Boycey

Ur kind of missing the point screen..

north_antrim_hound

In hard with the studs showing, straight red.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

screenexile

Quote from: Boycey on February 20, 2018, 11:31:06 AM

You're right I did . . . give them a few years though when they knock their noisy neighbours off their perch and they'll be all that's talked about!!

Maroon Manc

I heard Mark Halsey on the radio this morning claiming its not a red, I have no idea what he's on about.

The game has certainly gone soft but jumping in showing your studs is an obvious red card.

Boycey

Quote from: screenexile on February 20, 2018, 11:34:16 AM
Quote from: Boycey on February 20, 2018, 11:31:06 AM

You're right I did . . . give them a few years though when they knock their noisy neighbours off their perch and they'll be all that's talked about!!

;D ;D

magpie seanie

How come Wigan can beat Man City but highly paid multi millionaires can't?

mackers

I like Pep but he can't have it both ways.  A few weeks back he was complaining that players need to be protected from reckless tackles and then when one of his own is sent off for a reckless tackle he loses the bap!
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

screenexile

Quote from: mackers on February 20, 2018, 12:12:15 PM
I like Pep but he can't have it both ways.  A few weeks back he was complaining that players need to be protected from reckless tackles and then when one of his own is sent off for a reckless tackle he loses the bap!

Was he going mad for the red card though? Still not sure if it was a red or not but can see why it's given. The referee handled it atrociously by taking out the yellow card, getting surrounded and then brandishing a red.

It looks very much like his decision was influenced by the players which is what I'd hazard Pep was losing the rag about!

mackers

The commentators seemed to suggest that the ref was in communication with his linesman and that's what influenced him rather than the Wigan players.  That said, one of the Wigan players clearly barged into him and I'd imagine could get a retrospective ban.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

NAG1

Quote from: mackers on February 20, 2018, 12:19:27 PM
The commentators seemed to suggest that the ref was in communication with his linesman and that's what influenced him rather than the Wigan players.  That said, one of the Wigan players clearly barged into him and I'd imagine could get a retrospective ban.

I thought it was the City players who were badgering him and bumping him after the sending off, I counted at least four of them screaming in his face. But that wouldnt fit with the narrative that Pep is white shining light of goodness and eveyone else is just isnt and should be thankful to share the experience of playing against him and his team.

Taylor

Shocking decision for the sending off in fairness. Yellow at best.

And what was Aguero to do being confronted by a fan? Surely the Christ everyone should be more concerned about the scum invading the field and confronting the players?

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Taylor on February 20, 2018, 12:31:36 PM

And what was Aguero to do being confronted by a fan? Surely the Christ everyone should be more concerned about the scum invading the field and confronting the players?

Its a tough call, but i think that's a red.
Both feet off the ground and flew into the tackle.you can argue the other way but certainly not a 'shocking decision'
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Boycey

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on February 20, 2018, 12:37:26 PM
Quote from: Taylor on February 20, 2018, 12:31:36 PM

Its a tough call, but i think that's a red.
Both feet off the ground and flew into the tackle.you can argue the other way but certainly not a 'shocking decision'

+1

I could have lived with yellow but definitely a borderline one and certainly not in the shocking decision category.

Taylor

If every tackle like that was a red card games would finish 8 or 9 aside