Kindle fire or suitable tablet for kids?

Started by StGallsGAA, October 20, 2013, 10:05:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StGallsGAA

Santa is on the lookout for a suitable tablet for my  8yr old young bucko.  kindle fire is getting good recommendations.  Ipad is obviously a consideration but don't fancy paying thru the noise for everything thereafter.  Can anyone recommend other options from experience??

Maguire01

You'd be mad in the head to pay out for an iPad for an 8 year old in my opinion.

Kindle Fire or Tesco Hudl would surely be a more sensible option for a child of that age. Or even the old version if the Nexus.

illdecide

Kindle Fire is a great we tablet...i got my daughter one for last Christmas and is still going strong, it's a good quality and robust pad compared to the rest...My we buck is on his 3rd from last christmas, i first got him a pad (couldn't tell you the make) and it calfed after 4 weeks then i got a Nexus 7 for him with the refund and it lasted 2 months as the charging port was damaged and his replacment Nexus 7 is heading the same way (he's not allowed to charge it as i do it and i'm careful with it) but never had a minutes bother with the Kindle.

The Kindle restricts you a bit to Amazon which can be a bit of a pain but for music etc there are easy ways around that...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch