Dublin's Cynicism in the AIF

Started by StGallsGAA, September 26, 2013, 11:52:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StGallsGAA

I scoured the GAA sports pages all week but not much mention of it.  Why not? 

Fear ón Srath Bán

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Rois

No wink required. Alienating Dublin supporters is a true no-no by any facet of the media.
(Ps no disrespect to the Dubs)

Syferus

At least Dublin played football for 60 minutes. Y'see, that tends to soften the blow when a team commits a cynical foul or two. Mickey, make some notes.

BennyCake

Rose tinted glasses. The media see what they want to see. Sure the GAA need Dublin doing well, otherwise the whole organisation would just cease to exist.

Canalman

Quote from: StGallsGAA on September 26, 2013, 11:52:31 PM

Don't know what papers you are reading  but plenty of mention of it alright. In fairness done at the end of the game / season when down to 13 fit players and 2 of them carrying knocks.

Main Street

The proof is in a search using the term "Tyrone cynicism" and another search "Dublin cynicism".

The Dubs are just part time cynics, but full time boot boys.

Aaron Boone

Joe Brolly went off on a cynical rant but damaged the Tyrone brand. Not so much affects you and me here, but the casual observers.

Dubs were cynical last ten mins, but horse has bolted.

Rois

Quote from: Canalman on September 27, 2013, 12:26:26 AM

Don't know what papers you are reading  but plenty of mention of it alright. In fairness done at the end of the game / season when down to 13 fit players and 2 of them carrying knocks.

Yep, that excuses it. How many on here think that it was "fair"? Ok Syfillis does, anyone else?

Dirk Diggler

Only Dave Fitzgerald rivals Jim Galvin in the GAA whinge stakes. And even Davy Fitzgerald will stop if they win the hurling. But Galvin , like he has been ever since he started managing Dublin, couldn't stop whinging about not getting frees even after his team won the All Ireland!!!!!!!!!! That's whinging to beat all whinging.

And didn't Jim Gavin come out with  some proper self-serving bullshit about how the Dubs supposedly play the game in the "right way" and that he would resign if they ever resorted to cynicism. Well, Jim, after the most cynical display  of fouling ever seen in an All Ireland final, when are you going to do the honourable thing?

Somehow, I can't see the Dublin media reminding Jim Galvin that he should honour his promise.

Jell 0 Biafra

Because you're not reading very carefully?

rrhf

Jim The emperors clothes Gavin has fooled us all.

Farrandeelin

Can we not just all get over it? I know I have. (I'm talking about the cynicism here).
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

rrhf

No it was the most cynical team display I've seen since meath96

Hound

Not a bit of it!

Its just Kev Mac and BigO'Gara haven't a clue how to tackle. Made us look cyncial. They were actually genuine attempts to get ball. Wee Kev thought if he got over the lads back and across his shoulder he could make a clean dispossession. Doesn't work like that Kev. And BigO anytime he tried to make a tackle, he kept on slipping back on top of the man. Being a bit clumsy made it look worse.

The first we're doing (after the lads sober up of course) is to send them on a tackling course. Then we'll be back to the pure beautiful football that we played all year. I'm sure the next time we play Tyrone or Donegal they'll be concentrating on playing football, rather than just stopping us play. Its the way to go lads! The football of Champions!