Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redhandofgod

I understand but surely Burns needs games and plenty of them. we have all seen enough of McCurry and McShane and they aren't going to cut it at the top level.

Il Bomber Destro

Is Burns still at UUJ? I know he wasn't playing with them in the McKenna Cup but Mickey rarely gives over his whole contingent.

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: redhandofgod on January 26, 2018, 11:37:00 AM
I understand but surely Burns needs games and plenty of them. we have all seen enough of McCurry and McShane and they aren't going to cut it at the top level.

McShane is a perfect of example of people not giving players a chance. He has been written of by some since he was 21 despite playing a leading role at midfield on an u21 all ireland team. He's strong, mobile and gets on the ball. His decision making isn't always the best but this is something that could improve as he goes on. From memory he didn't get that much game time last year at all and has done well in the McKenna Cup. At 23/24 he is well worth a few more chances to impress.

Il Bomber Destro

I think McCurry has shown plenty at this level at various stages to prove he has it. It's very likely that he could end up Tyrone's all time top scorer in Championship.

He's still only 24 but is off the back of a couple of disappointing seasons. I hope he can start putting it back together this year again and I think he has a very good understanding with McAliskey.

bigpackiechestout

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on January 26, 2018, 11:43:58 AM

McShane is a perfect of example of people not giving players a chance. He has been written of by some since he was 21 despite playing a leading role at midfield on an u21 all ireland team. He's strong, mobile and gets on the ball. His decision making isn't always the best but this is something that could improve as he goes on. From memory he didn't get that much game time last year at all and has done well in the McKenna Cup. At 23/24 he is well worth a few more chances to impress.

Entirely agree. If we were to persevere with McShane at full forward there's no reason why he couldn't develop into, for example, a better version of Eoghan O'Gara. If we were to revert to a more attacking style a player like this is essential for our host of smaller forwards to play off.

Also think McShane has plenty to offer further out the pitch in this era of the more mobile midfielder.

southtyronegael

Full backline has a better look to it. But again personel changes wont matter a jot if the system of play doesn't change.

longballin

Quote from: southtyronegael on January 26, 2018, 11:52:29 AM
Full backline has a better look to it. But again personel changes wont matter a jot if the system of play doesn't change.

Correctamundo - leave Mark Bradley up front on his own against a decent team in the summer and you may forget about it already.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: southtyronegael on January 26, 2018, 11:52:29 AM

Not sure of HP McGeary but the only way we will know is to see how he gets on. High hopes for young McKernan.

GetOverTheBar

Thought Michael Cassidy would get the shout at corner back ahead of McKernan personally

southtyronegael

With regards to mc curry, or any other forward for that matter, how could you expect any of them to play well this last 2 years with the system we had? Plenty of football in them lads yet if they aren't ruined for good.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: southtyronegael on January 26, 2018, 12:40:05 PM
With regards to mc curry, or any other forward for that matter, how could you expect any of them to play well this last 2 years with the system we had? Plenty of football in them lads yet if they aren't ruined for good.

To be fair to McCurry he was flying in this system in the 2015 season. His levels have dipped though.

Tyrone Gaa

Question: I see the ladies county team are keeping on board with McAleer and Rushe as their main jersey sponsor. Is that decision because Tyrone Fabrication only wanted the GAA not LGFA? Or did McAleer and Rushe increase their investment?

Is this not a step backwards in the attempt to unite the codes? I also understood that the ladies last year committed to adopting the Tyrone GAA crest but their social media posts would suggest that's no longer the case as the jersey shown has the old ladies crest.
Living the dream!!!

redhandofgod

McCurry is great when you are 6 points up, when the game is tight he is shite!!!

In hiding

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on January 26, 2018, 12:18:55 PM
Thought Michael Cassidy would get the shout at corner back ahead of McKernan personally
I think mc Laughlin is better than both

chieftain

Cant see conal mccann and mcnulty starting, be one or the other with frank burns/ mulgrew (if fit) to come into the half forwards, also expect to see mark bradley in there somewhere from the start.