Arcade fire

Started by blewuporstuffed, December 06, 2010, 10:18:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blewuporstuffed

Any one see them last night at the O2?

what time where they on stage? gonna be tight for time travelling to dublin in this weather, and just wondering what time they will be on at ?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Billys Boots

Quarter past nine apparently.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Croí na hÉireann

Quarter past 9 sounds about right, couldn't tell u exactly. Knocked my socks off, brilliant gig. First time at a gig in the O2 and everything I heard about the sound quality in there was spot on, couldn't fault it.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on December 06, 2010, 12:00:44 PM
Quarter past 9 sounds about right, couldn't tell u exactly. Knocked my socks off, brilliant gig. First time at a gig in the O2 and everything I heard about the sound quality in there was spot on, couldn't fault it.

Absolutely agree with that, they finish up with Wake Up as well if you want to get out on the button...

#newbridgeornowhere

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Dinny Breen on December 06, 2010, 01:13:10 PM

Absolutely agree with that, they finish up with Wake Up as well if you want to get out on the button...

yeah they always seem to finish with wake up.
really looking forward to it now, although worried about the drive down in this snow, pelting down here now! :-\
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on December 06, 2010, 01:30:15 PM

yeah they always seem to finish with wake up.
really looking forward to it now, although worried about the drive down in this snow, pelting down here now! :-\

Id be worried as well there with your drivng skills, dont think you could handle that drive to Dublin.  You would be safer staying at home!!!!!!!!
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

Croí na hÉireann

How were The National on Sat Dinny? They were unbelievable Thurs night, did they finish off with an acoustic version of Vanderlyle Crybaby Geeks? Up there with any gig highlight ever, was struggling for words after that...

Kerry Mike

I saw the title and thought there was some fire disaster in some arcade, I'm getting old.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Lecale2

Quote from: Kerry Mike on December 06, 2010, 04:40:09 PM
I saw the title and thought there was some fire disaster in some arcade, I'm getting old.

Me too.

mc_grens

SENSATIONAL.

Best live band out there at the moment. Just a f**king superb gig.

Dinny Breen

QuoteHow were The National on Sat Dinny?

Had a poor gig experience at that one - too many drunk people,there was 4 drunk girls sitting in front of me who wouldn't stop talking so I politely suggested they retire to the bar if they wanted to chat, after that let's just say they had no class. Then a girl one seat from me puked up, the benefit of that was the smell drove the 4 girls away..

Even Vanderlyle Crybaby Geeks was ruined at the end as people kept shouting during it...

Really disappointed with the whole attitude of the crowd, people were just on a session..
#newbridgeornowhere

ross4life

So the sound improved? the last 2/3 gigs i've been too the sound was terrible.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Dinny Breen on December 07, 2010, 12:01:28 AM
QuoteHow were The National on Sat Dinny?

Had a poor gig experience at that one - too many drunk people,there was 4 drunk girls sitting in front of me who wouldn't stop talking so I politely suggested they retire to the bar if they wanted to chat, after that let's just say they had no class. Then a girl one seat from me puked up, the benefit of that was the smell drove the 4 girls away..

Even Vanderlyle Crybaby Geeks was ruined at the end as people kept shouting during it...

Really disappointed with the whole attitude of the crowd, people were just on a session..

Jaysus, that's light years removed from Thurs gig, the benefit of going out on a school night I suppose. Vanderlyle Crybaby Geeks was impeccably observed apart from the one smart alec who shouted "Very Good" in one of the quieter bits, even the band got a laugh out of that one. Was trying to get her indoors to head in again on Sat, thank Christ she wasn't keen then.

Quote from: ross4life on December 07, 2010, 12:40:54 AM

So the sound improved? the last 2/3 gigs i've been too the sound was terrible.

First gig there so couldn't say but you're the first I've heard saying the sound is/was terrible in the O2.

gerrykeegan

Been to it twice. Sound great first time awful second time
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

ludermor

Seen the National inthe Brixtom Acedemy and would agree that it would up with the best gig i have ever been at, id say they were even better in the far smaller Olympia. Seen them there a couple of years ago and thay have progressed as a live act massively!