Alan O'Connor sending off.

Started by mournerambler, August 23, 2009, 04:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Quote from: saffron sam2 on August 25, 2009, 09:30:16 PM
Quote from: orangeman on August 25, 2009, 07:09:23 PM

Meanwhile, Gearoid O Conamha will take charge of the second semi-final between Meath and Kerry on Sunday at Croke Park.

Magnificent, absolutely f**king magnificent. There is a satirical genius appointing referees this summer.

There is a commitee for appointing refs. They must be a bit embarassed after Sunday and must be nervous in the run up to next Sunday's game.

Kerry Mike

I would like to be the first to add that Gearoid O'Conamha is one of the best referees in the country and we in Kerry have the utmost respect for him.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

orangeman

Quote from: Kerry Mike on August 25, 2009, 09:33:22 PM
I would like to be the first to add that Gearoid O'Conamha is one of the best referees in the country and we in Kerry have the utmost respect for him.

Hope you're still saying the same on Sunday evening.  ;)

saffron sam2

Quote from: orangeman on August 25, 2009, 09:32:29 PM
Quote from: saffron sam2 on August 25, 2009, 09:30:16 PM
Quote from: orangeman on August 25, 2009, 07:09:23 PM

Meanwhile, Gearoid O Conamha will take charge of the second semi-final between Meath and Kerry on Sunday at Croke Park.

Magnificent, absolutely f**king magnificent. There is a satirical genius appointing referees this summer.

There is a commitee for appointing refs. They must be a bit embarassed after Sunday and must be nervous in the run up to next Sunday's game.

Agreed, will certainly take the spotlight off Mr Bannon's performance.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

yyyyy

Quote from: orangeman on August 23, 2009, 10:48:54 PM
Very harsh sending off. Bannon had a bad day - could be his last. What age is he ?

Mc Eneaney a shoe in for the final ?
yep bannon should be ditched and never again grace croker he ruined a classic ;D :-[

Gaffer

Paddy McEnaneny is safe bet for any match !!!! Yer man Gerard 'whatshemacallhim' has the potential to be another Johnny Bannon
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

DUBSFORSAM1

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on August 25, 2009, 07:20:50 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 25, 2009, 05:59:54 PM
People here seem to have decided that Miskella definitely punched McGuigan.

I think there is at least reasonable doubt looking at the only video angle available (if there is another please post a link).

My money is on Miskella playing the final.
really!!! ???
i doubt very much that any video from any angle would cast any doubt that miskilla struck mcguigan

Well if McGuigan hadn't hit him with a cheap shot first it wouldn't have happened...

Mike Sheehy

QuoteHe was like a few kerry boys on this board biding his time till Tyrone lost ready to go into that speel. A few weeks ago he was raving about Tyrone-'total football.'  He's a total idiot and as hurt by the three defeats as his fellow county men. Get over it-you couldn't  beat Tyrone... end of.

no back to back AI, no equalling Kerry this decade, and getting some payback for on all your gloating on here.........and to top it all off Everton get hammerd 6-1 by Arsenal  ......its been a tough time for the not so wily old fox  ;D ;D

Mike Sheehy

btw where is your good buddy Tyrones own. I thought you two were a couple the way you were always on here wumming together....there hasn't been a peep out of him since before the game.

At least I came on here last year to face the music.... I would have expected the same from him for all the mouthing he has done. Clearly he hasn't the stomach for it..........he's a very quiet boy now isnt he  ;D ;D

Shane MacGowan

Brian Dooher must have been coaching mulligan on how to dive.... :D
Dooher is the only man I ever seen getting a puck in the ribs and go down holding his face like he'd been shot....

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on August 26, 2009, 03:08:52 AM

I think there is at least reasonable doubt looking at the only video angle available (if there is another please post a link).

really!!! ???

i doubt very much that any video from any angle would cast any doubt that miskilla struck mcguigan

Well if McGuigan hadn't hit him with a cheap shot first it wouldn't have happened...

oh rite , well thats ok then  ::)
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

supersarsfields

really!!! ???

There you go again. Had it been the other way about you'd be calling for McGuigan to be hung. You really feel the need to highlight anything bad against Tyrone while letting other incidents go unmentioned. And I still can't see were you posted about Bastic's tackle in the Dublin Game. To me your just full of hypocritical shite!

Billys Boots

My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

full back

really!!! ???

Makes no difference whatsoever
When is a decision expected on this?

mick999

I see that that the 2 dubs got 4 week bans following the incidents in the kerry game ..

Will this have any bearing on the Cork lads ?

From another forum :

Dublin duo handed meaningless bans

The CCCC have proposed four-week suspensions for Ciaran Whelan and Denis Bastick arising out of separate incidents in Dublin's All-Ireland football quarter-final defeat to Kerry earlier this month.

Referee Pat McEnaney was requested by the disciplinary body to review video footage of Whelan's second half clash with Kerry substitute Aidan O'Mahony and Bastick's altercation with injured Kerry full forward Kieran Donaghy, who was acting as a water-carrier.

However, the bans are meaningless as neither player will play for Dublin again until next January at the earliest, with Whelan likely to call time on his 14-year inter-county career in the meantime.

The suspensions do not affect either player's club involvement, nor does it cross over into next season, although if either player were to be suspended in 2010, the punishment would automatically double up as a consequence.