AISF Aug 23rd Tyrone v Cork

Started by cadhlancian, August 02, 2009, 07:11:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mckieran

QuoteThat was a rare effort. He took about 3-4 steps. It was as if Tyrone accepted there's no one to hit 45s on the team.

I dont think he was going for it, certainly his demeanour suggested that he was just lobbing it in.

Quote- The referee should not be allowed to officiate ANY Senior game again.
- the Umpires role needs to be questioned...they were poor

I think Bannon is usually quite good though. Should an inter county player stop playing after 1 bad game?

What did the umpires do wrong?

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: Brendans abu on August 24, 2009, 10:03:09 PM
Quote from: mckieran on August 24, 2009, 07:21:43 PM
QuoteTyrone got 3 scores from free's that weren't as it is.

There was one when Dooher went to ground. But I cant remember any other instance.

I was shocked at how many times the ref let players got away dragging their opponents around the neck (Is this tackling?!). We really needed to bring in the experimental rules from the league.

Mulligan's dive after 20 minutes

The fee that led to Jordan's point, should have been a free out to Cork

I also felt the point that Davy Harte got at the death, after the initial free was blocked, was a harsh call.

As for Tyrone free taking, would SON not have been a better option than Mulligan, even for right footed kicks? And on the subject of '50s', is my mind playing tricks with me, or didn't one of the McMahons knock over a couple of '50s' last year?

stew

Quote from: mckieran on August 24, 2009, 10:03:25 PM
QuoteThat was a rare effort. He took about 3-4 steps. It was as if Tyrone accepted there's no one to hit 45s on the team.

I dont think he was going for it, certainly his demeanour suggested that he was just lobbing it in.

I think Bannon is usually quite good though. Should an inter county player stop playing after 1 bad game?

Bannon is and always will be a terrible referee.

As for your question on an inter county player, if he stinks the place up nearly every time he goes out there then yes he should, either that or his manager would retire him.

Bannon is as bad as John Gough ever was and that takes some doing.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

mckieran

I dont agree about Bannon. I have seen him have many good games.

muppet

Quote from: mckieran on August 24, 2009, 10:03:25 PM

You're right, Bannon should continue playing.
MWWSI 2017

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on August 24, 2009, 10:09:02 PM
Quote from: Brendans abu on August 24, 2009, 10:03:09 PM
Quote from: mckieran on August 24, 2009, 07:21:43 PM
QuoteTyrone got 3 scores from free's that weren't as it is.

There was one when Dooher went to ground. But I cant remember any other instance.

I was shocked at how many times the ref let players got away dragging their opponents around the neck (Is this tackling?!). We really needed to bring in the experimental rules from the league.
Mulligan's dive after 20 minutes

The fee that led to Jordan's point, should have been a free out to Cork

I also felt the point that Davy Harte got at the death, after the initial free was blocked, was a harsh call.

As for Tyrone free taking, would SON not have been a better option than Mulligan, even for right footed kicks? And on the subject of '50s', is my mind playing tricks with me, or didn't one of the McMahons knock over a couple of '50s' last year?

joe kicked one against armagh this year, but the only player on the tyrone squad capable of consistantly landing them is  sean o'neill
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

stew

Quote from: mckieran on August 24, 2009, 10:13:37 PM
I dont agree about Bannon. I have seen him have many good games.

You are some boy, he is terrible I tell you.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: johnpower on August 24, 2009, 10:01:25 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 24, 2009, 08:47:35 PM
Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on August 24, 2009, 08:29:14 PM
Agreed - although I wasn't asking you whether you might be one of those making these calls, but rather whether you thought others might do so!

Anyone calling for Harte's managerial head deserves to share a padded-cell with Spillane.

Not your day yeaterday Fear . I assume that Mickey Harte will not make any rash decissions . Sean Cavanagh was a huge loss to Tyrone still Cork were well up for it and really look the real deal now .

That's the way it goes John, though to have won 3 Sams in 6 years is something that very few of us could have even hallucinated about 10 years ago, so we have little room to be moaning or ungrateful.

I think we gifted about 4 easy points to Cork yesterday whilst moving the ball out of defence, something unheard of when in our pomp, but that was reflective both of Cork's 'intensity' and our own laxity.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

johnpower

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 24, 2009, 10:24:24 PM
Quote from: johnpower on August 24, 2009, 10:01:25 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 24, 2009, 08:47:35 PM
Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on August 24, 2009, 08:29:14 PM
Agreed - although I wasn't asking you whether you might be one of those making these calls, but rather whether you thought others might do so!

Anyone calling for Harte's managerial head deserves to share a padded-cell with Spillane.

Not your day yeaterday Fear . I assume that Mickey Harte will not make any rash decissions . Sean Cavanagh was a huge loss to Tyrone still Cork were well up for it and really look the real deal now .

That's the way it goes John, though to have won 3 Sams in 6 years is something that very few of us could have even hallucinated about 10 years ago, so we have little room to be moaning or ungrateful.

I think we gifted about 4 easy points to Cork yesterday whilst moving the ball out of defence, something unheard of when in our pomp, but that was reflective both of Cork's 'intensity' and our own laxity.

Yes that was a factor ,The referee ruined the contest with the rash sending off and the inconsistencies in his decission making .

Kerry Mike

QuoteIt's funny, the guy has won AI medals and most of the honours in the game, but everytime I see him, I remember that incident first.

Unforgivable act and never forgotten even after all these years in Kerry either, nearest thing I saw a full blown riot that day in the stands and on the field that I have seen at a GAA match, I still have vivid memories of the Bomber charging out from his full forward spot and tearing into Counihan.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Take Your Points on August 24, 2009, 10:28:48 PM
Could the answer be for Mickey Harte to take over the u21 squad for the next year? Given the short season for u21 championship it would be hard work but the possible answer for Tyrone.

Interesting suggestion there TYP, it will take something as radical as that I'd say.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: johnpower on August 24, 2009, 10:33:20 PM
Yes that was a factor ,The referee ruined the contest with the rash sending off and the inconsistencies in his decission making .

Yeah, not an easy job, but no excuse for the substandard.

tyrone86

I'm too sick to trawl this thread, so congratulations to Cork - a powerful performance. Good luck in the final.

As for Tyrone, it just didn't happen on the day. That's life and but there's plenty of big days still to play for in that panel.

On a sidenote, I heard today that was to be Bannon's last 'big' game, I would just like to say good riddance you hateful white haired hoor.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: tyrone86 on August 24, 2009, 10:49:10 PM
On a sidenote, I heard today that was to be Bannon's last 'big' game, I would just like to say good riddance you hateful white haired hoor.

Don't bottle it up there T86, just let it all go  :D

Zapatista

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 24, 2009, 10:37:17 PM
Quote from: johnpower on August 24, 2009, 10:33:20 PM

Yeah, not an easy job, but no excuse for the substandard.

His inconsistencies were the only thing he was consistant in.