AISF Aug 23rd Tyrone v Cork

Started by cadhlancian, August 02, 2009, 07:11:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Well, I attended the game with one of those you mentioned - someone who thinks Mickey has been a very fortunate manager. This man is no managerial mug and has won county titles as manager and taken his team to a senior provincial final. His attitude, and those like him as you're right they exist in Tyrone, is simply impossible to understand. 3 Ulsters, 3 All-Irelands, a NFL, countless underage titles - I can only put it down to some kind of ingrained begrudgery. Mickey cannot prove these people wrong any more than he has.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

NaomhBridAbú

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 23, 2009, 10:55:13 PM
QuotePerhaps Spillane's outburst was one of frustration that Kerry will never get a chance to lay the ghost to rest that Tyrone ARE the team of the decade.

Don't mind the poor Kerry crayters-it's the nearest they'll get to gloating after beating Tyrone in the championship!

Up the Rebels!

You had your chance to do back-to-back AI to show us all how supposedly "great" you are and you crumbled as you always do.

Tyrone will never handle the level of expectation and pressure that teams like Kerry, Dublin and Kilkenny have to deal with on a routine basis. You are not worthy champions. That has been proven time and time again.

eh?
in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye

muppet

Quote from: ONeill on August 24, 2009, 08:38:04 PM
Well, I attended the game with one of those you mentioned - someone who thinks Mickey has been a very fortunate manager. This man is no managerial mug and has won county titles as manager and taken his team to a senior provincial final. His attitude, and those like him as you're right they exist in Tyrone, is simply impossible to understand. 3 Ulsters, 3 All-Irelands, a NFL, countless underage titles - I can only put it down to some kind of ingrained begrudgery. Mickey cannot prove these people wrong any more than he has.

I wish Mayo had a manager half as fortunate.
MWWSI 2017

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on August 24, 2009, 08:29:14 PM
Agreed - although I wasn't asking you whether you might be one of those making these calls, but rather whether you thought others might do so!

Anyone calling for Harte's managerial head deserves to share a padded-cell with Spillane.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

NaomhBridAbú

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 24, 2009, 01:53:19 AM
QuoteYou havent a clue sheehy, your level of hatred for tyrone and to a lesser extent Armagh is incredible, you were slabberin a while ago about the pony being disrespected and that the minors would keep that in mind? what the feck was that all about? it didnt do them much good though did it.

Tyrone are worthy champions, they owned kerry for years and you havent the class to admit that. Tyrone are a tremendous team, were a tremendous time any way you cut it and you have been the most negative gobshite on this board on the run up to this game.

I hope Meath bate youse, failing that Cork will hammer ye by 8 or 9 points and i think that would be even funnier. I would have been aneutral in the AI but if you somehow make it I will be hoping that Cork bate ye up and down the field.

be quiet you nutter. You're always liable to go off on your little rants. You,  with your head stuck up Tyrones arses. I suppose you have no choice given the epic failure of your own county..what is it again 1 AI out of 7 Ulsters ? pathetic

I'm not sure what team you support yourself Sheey, but in keeping with your logic, i'm fairly confident they're a shower of cnuts
in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye

NaomhBridAbú

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on August 24, 2009, 08:06:25 AM
Quote from: magickingdom on August 23, 2009, 08:42:07 PM
Quote from: WeAreBlueWeAreWhite on August 23, 2009, 06:05:50 PM
no harm the nordies were beat at least there will be a pure irish final now

guys like you make me puke

Seconded, why does someone say this shite every now and again. North Ireland Gaels are more Irish than most and equal with everyone.
Maithú Sligoman

Mr. Nakata

Tyrone need to unearth a free taker who can kick the ball from the ground. So many scoring opportunites have been squandered this year, it's depressing me. I thought SON should've taken the 45 in the first half instead of McMahon as well. Dead ball kicking needs to be addressed that's for sure.

ONeill

Quote from: Mr. Nakata on August 24, 2009, 08:53:55 PM
Tyrone need to unearth a free taker who can kick the ball from the ground. So many scoring opportunites have been squandered this year, it's depressing me. I thought SON should've taken the 45 in the first half instead of McMahon as well. Dead ball kicking needs to be addressed that's for sure.

That was a rare effort. He took about 3-4 steps. It was as if Tyrone accepted there's no one to hit 45s on the team.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

NaomhBridAbú

As the dust settles...a few things on the game yesterday:
- well done Cork. You were brilliant
- The referee should not be allowed to officiate ANY Senior game again.
- the Umpires role needs to be questioned...they were poor
- Tyrone looked tired and maybe the writing was on the wall in the first half of the Kildare game
- Dooher looked as if he had over trained and was exhausted at the end of the first half - this has NEVER happened him before
- Tyrone had a bad day at the office and Cork had a FANTASTIC day...
- some of the Tyrone players have given 10 years service - and more - to the team...I'll let them decide if and when they want to hang up their boots
- Mickey Harte - still the best manager in Ireland over the last 10 years.

Keep her lit Tyrone

stew

Quote from: NaomhBridAbú on August 24, 2009, 08:48:55 PM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 24, 2009, 01:53:19 AM
QuoteYou havent a clue sheehy, your level of hatred for tyrone and to a lesser extent Armagh is incredible, you were slabberin a while ago about the pony being disrespected and that the minors would keep that in mind? what the feck was that all about? it didnt do them much good though did it.

Tyrone are worthy champions, they owned kerry for years and you havent the class to admit that. Tyrone are a tremendous team, were a tremendous time any way you cut it and you have been the most negative gobshite on this board on the run up to this game.

I hope Meath bate youse, failing that Cork will hammer ye by 8 or 9 points and i think that would be even funnier. I would have been aneutral in the AI but if you somehow make it I will be hoping that Cork bate ye up and down the field.

be quiet you nutter. You're always liable to go off on your little rants. You,  with your head stuck up Tyrones arses. I suppose you have no choice given the epic failure of your own county..what is it again 1 AI out of 7 Ulsters ? pathetic

I'm not sure what team you support yourself Sheey, but in keeping with your logic, i'm fairly confident they're a shower of cnuts

:D :D :D
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

gerry

Maybe i missed it but no sign of the tyrone lover mike today.

He was good value yesterday
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Kerry Mike

First off and it pains me to congratulate any win by the Langers, but well done on yesterday.

I had a feeling all year that they were coming good and backed it up with a wee wager on Saturday, the core of that team have been about for a number of years and we have seen at first hand their potential, though people constantly rubbish the standard of Munster football, Cork have always been a formidable opponent for us, we have been lucky that things have gone our way in recent Croke Park meetings but they are a driven team this year, The Ball Grabber has instilled a confidence and hunger in them that has been lacking in recent Cork teams, he has gotten rid of a core of Nemo players which was no harm as I felt they were ruining the Cork teams during Morgan and Tompkins debacles, and they will be hard beat in the final by either ourselves or Meath but that is for next weekend.

Canty and Co are in prime position to bring Sam home for the first time since 1990, hard to believe they have not won a title since given the amount of good footballers they have produced over the years and they will be favorites to win their 7th senior title on Sept 20th.

Tough luck to Tyrone they were not allowed to produce their best on the day but don't write them off just yet, they will be back. Good teams always come back. So unusual to see Tyrone so comprehensively beaten in so many positions but thats sport, you have to produce a good performance every time you take to the field with the resources you have, sometimes you are the better team and you win, and just sometimes you have a bad day and the other team produces a good one and you lose out, as we well know in Kerry over the years.

Tyrone are not as bad as yesterday and I think Cork are not as good either but we will see in a few weeks, they have now produced 2 barn storming displays in Croke Park this year and will be hard bet. Well done again.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Billys Boots

QuoteThe Ball Grabber

It's funny, the guy has won AI medals and most of the honours in the game, but everytime I see him, I remember that incident first.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

johnpower

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 24, 2009, 08:47:35 PM
Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on August 24, 2009, 08:29:14 PM
Agreed - although I wasn't asking you whether you might be one of those making these calls, but rather whether you thought others might do so!

Anyone calling for Harte's managerial head deserves to share a padded-cell with Spillane.

Not your day yeaterday Fear . I assume that Mickey Harte will not make any rash decissions . Sean Cavanagh was a huge loss to Tyrone still Cork were well up for it and really look the real deal now .

Brendans abu

Quote from: mckieran on August 24, 2009, 07:21:43 PM
QuoteTyrone got 3 scores from free's that weren't as it is.

There was one when Dooher went to ground. But I cant remember any other instance.

I was shocked at how many times the ref let players got away dragging their opponents around the neck (Is this tackling?!). We really needed to bring in the experimental rules from the league.

Mulligan's dive after 20 minutes

The fee that led to Jordan's point, should have been a free out to Cork