Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarshack

ciaran donnelly has been tried before and wasnt up to it.

na cleirigh

Dont think Ciaran Donnelly has been tried for Tyrone think has played and starred for the Poly in the McKenna cup.
If you have nothing nice to type, type it anyway but be prepared for the on slaught

botman

Quote from: DCR on August 23, 2009, 09:34:21 PM
Has Mickey's loyalty to the "auld hands" cost us against Cork? - thought that Gormley, Jordan, Harte and the entire half forward line were absolutely brutal - time for fairly major surgery I fear.

Think you are being very unfair here. These guys Dooher, Jordan, Harte etc have put in some major performances for Tyrone and are the reason we have achieved so much. To turn around and say they cost us would be very short sighted. Yes they didn't have their best game in a Tyrone shirt but at the same time it doesn't make them bad players. We need to remember where this same group of guys have taken us from.

Don't be tempted to throw the baby out with the bath water. On reflection we were beaten by Cork the team likely to win the AI so perhaps some tinkering but major surgery is completely OTT.

Keep them at it.

DCR

Quote from: botman on August 24, 2009, 03:24:28 PM
Has Mickey's loyalty to the "auld hands" cost us against Cork? - thought that Gormley, Jordan, Harte and the entire half forward line were absolutely brutal - time for fairly major surgery I fear.

Think you are being very unfair here. These guys Dooher, Jordan, Harte etc have put in some major performances for Tyrone and are the reason we have achieved so much. To turn around and say they cost us would be very short sighted. Yes they didn't have their best game in a Tyrone shirt but at the same time it doesn't make them bad players. We need to remember where this same group of guys have taken us from.

Don't be tempted to throw the baby out with the bath water. On reflection we were beaten by Cork the team likely to win the AI so perhaps some tinkering but major surgery is completely OTT.
I never said that they were bad players and we all remember where we have come from (too well) but players can't go on forever and others can hit a lean spell. A good manager (and Mickey is the best) should not select players who are suffering a loss of form.  And please remember that the entire half forward line was replaced yesterday. Enough said I think.

blewuporstuffed

exactly,prtob time to bring in a bit of freshness to the squad, but not major surgery.On saturday evening most of these fellas you are talking about were among the top footballers in ireland, that doesnt just change after one game.there may be retirements yes, but not wholesale changes
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

botman

Quote from: DCR on August 24, 2009, 03:43:59 PM

I never said that they were bad players and we all remember where we have come from (too well) but players can't go on forever and others can hit a lean spell. A good manager (and Mickey is the best) should not select players who are suffering a loss of form.  And please remember that the entire half forward line was replaced yesterday. Enough said I think.

A few points;
I never said that you said they were bad players.

Yes some players had a bad day, I'm not disputing that. The half forward line in particular struggled.

As you say MH is the best around, if this is the case then your assessment in that he was loyal to the "auld hands" is way off. In calling for "major surgery" I think it's a little bit akin to last year and people calling for Harte to go.

I think a few players will knock it on the head and Harte may unearth some new talent, but by and large the players we have are capable of challenging for and winning an AI.
Keep them at it.

MR99

Quote from: na cleirigh on August 24, 2009, 03:01:39 PM
Quote from: rrhf on August 24, 2009, 02:53:45 PM
as long as hes nothing to Dinky hes in..

:D

Players IMO that should be given a run in the McKenna cup/National League (so premature I know)
Danny McBride- Strabane
Kyle Coney- Ardboe
Gavin Teague- Ardboe
Aidan McElroy- Augher
Niall McKenna- Donaghmore
Ciaran McGinley- Errigal Ciaran
Ciaran Donnelly- Brocagh
Eoin McCusker- Dromore
Ronan McNabb- Dromore

Harte will find it hard to recruit new faces as they will not fancy sitting on the bench without having realistic chances of getting on, while still not getting to play for their clubs just so that Micky can have 30 players to play in his training matches.  The likes of McGee, Snowy O'Neill, Mulgrew, Niall Gormley, Carlin etc...  have played very little football this year for club or county and new recruits will fear being in the same position.  Peter Donnelly and Cathal McCarron were fed up with missing out on club games and dropped out and I suspect many more will follow.  Training games will do very little for the development of Mattie Donnelly, Ronan McNabb, Gavin Teague etc...  they would be better waiting until Micky changes his attitude towards club's.

kicking king

anyone know any details on the fixtures for this weekend?

orangeman

I honestly can't see there being too many retirements from the team. There might be a few panel members that will go either voluntarily or might be pushed if MH brings in some new players.

It's very early to talk about retirements so let's wait and see what happens. It's a long time till Spring.

EC Unique

Quote from: na cleirigh on August 24, 2009, 03:01:39 PM
Quote from: rrhf on August 24, 2009, 02:53:45 PM
as long as hes nothing to Dinky hes in..

:D

Players IMO that should be given a run in the McKenna cup/National League (so premature I know)
Danny McBride- Strabane
Kyle Coney- Ardboe
Gavin Teague- Ardboe
Aidan McElroy- Augher
Niall McKenna- Donaghmore
Ciaran McGinley- Errigal Ciaran
Ciaran Donnelly- Brocagh
Eoin McCusker- Dromore
Ronan McNabb- Dromore

Pete Harte - Errigal Ciaran?

On the retirements the only ones I can see considering it would be Dooher and Holmes.

na cleirigh

EC Unique what do you think of Ciaran McGinley to be given a run in the pre championship competitions. He has had a big year for EC. Do you think he could cut it at that level?
If you have nothing nice to type, type it anyway but be prepared for the on slaught

EC Unique

I think he is touch and go. Can run all day and has been our top scorer this season I think so he might be worth a look in Jan/feb in Mckenna cup. I guess we will see over the remainder of the Championship. Dromore for us in 3 weeks will test us to the limits. Looking forward to it.

DCR

Quote from: botman on August 24, 2009, 04:19:50 PM
Quote from: DCR on August 24, 2009, 03:43:59 PM

A few points;
I never said that you said they were bad players.

Yes some players had a bad day, I'm not disputing that. The half forward line in particular struggled.

As you say MH is the best around, if this is the case then your assessment in that he was loyal to the "auld hands" is way off. In calling for "major surgery" I think it's a little bit akin to last year and people calling for Harte to go.

I think a few players will knock it on the head and Harte may unearth some new talent, but by and large the players we have are capable of challenging for and winning an AI.
What did you think of our half back line?

DCR

Quote from: orangeman on July 07, 2009, 07:14:49 PM
Mickey has proved us wrong time and time again. Simple as that.
Reminder of exchanges in July when Cavanagh described Tyrone Management as "Jekyll and Hyde"

nothingbettertobeat

players that should be given a run in McKenna Cup

Gavin Teague Ardboe
Kyle Coney Ardboe
Gary Reilly Killeeshill
shane Mulgrew Donaghmore
Niall McKenna Donaghmore
Ciaran McCrory Galbally
Michael Murphy Galbally
Ciaran McGinley Errigal Ciaran
Peter Harte Errigal Ciaran
Mark Donnelly Carrickmore
Matthew Donnelly Trillick

these are the players that we need involved in order to strengthen the squad
as far as im concerned nat a big pile else ready to come through peter harte is on the list is maybe a year or so too early just let him keep playing for his club but put him on weights and training programmes.given him full member status could ruin him if nat getting football like ray mulgrew

"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."