Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KIDDO 4

Fintona defeated Clogher 3.16, to 0.10, in the junior championship quarter final tonight in Trillick, with vetranMarkDonnelly registering 2 goals.

TonesAbú

Omagh beat Kildress tonight, 0-16 to 1-10 to win the grade 1 minor championship in Loughmacrory. We had a great first half but Omagh really lifted it in the second half despite having a man sent off, with Ronan O'Neill the difference between the sides really.

KIDDO 4

This  victory sees Omagh team manager KennyClarke  make history, haven also played on the Omagh teams which won the football and hurling minor championship double  back in 1983 .

Mr. Nakata

Well done Kenny and Omagh. Very strong at underage as always. Lets hope we can translate this into O'Neill cups in the not too distant future.

Rocky Mc Guigan

Omagh have had excellent underage teams for many's a year due to recruiting the best of the  players in the area but one has to ask the question why the dearth of senior champioships- don't seem to have have the heart at senior level that the likes of Carrickmore, Ardboe, Errigal, Dromore and Clonoe have-is this something inherent in Omagh at senior level? A club with the pick they have should have won the O'Neill cup a few more times. When the chips are down they have crumbled.

Mr. Nakata

Rocky, I'm not gonna bite on that one.....

Rocky Mc Guigan

Quote from: Mr. Nakata on August 22, 2009, 01:39:39 PM
Rocky, I'm not gonna bite on that one.....
I'm sure you've bitten on worse!!!

barelegs

Junior Championship tonight

Brockagh 0-14   -    Castlederg 0-06
Brackaville 1-9   -     Dungannon   0-14

Good wins for Dungannon and Brockagh tonight. Both will fancy their chances of going all the way.

clarshack

clarkes seem to have got their got act together.

orangeman

League and championship flat out now. No more distractions now.

DCR

Has Mickey's loyalty to the "auld hands" cost us against Cork? - thought that Gormley, Jordan, Harte and the entire half forward line were absolutely brutal - time for fairly major surgery I fear.

orangeman

Quote from: DCR on August 23, 2009, 09:34:21 PM
Has Mickey's loyalty to the "auld hands" cost us against Cork? - thought that Gormley, Jordan, Harte and the entire half forward line were absolutely brutal - time for fairly major surgery I fear.

Time to reflect I suppose.Perhaps his loyalty has also reaped rewards as well in the past. Some you win, some you lose.

I reckon he'll bring in a few of last years minors and dispense with some lads who have not cut the mustard.

nothingbettertobeat

Time for Kyle Coney and Niall mc kenna to enter the fray.
and Squad members like Aidan Cassidy and Sean O'Neill to be broken into the side who both came on and were the positives in a lack luster performance today, although in the aftermath we can over-react all little by this defeat i dont think its as bad as people are saying wer still one of the top 3 teams in Ireland. maybe on another day another ref things coulda been different
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."

l-iver

Quote from: orangeman on August 23, 2009, 09:39:08 PM
Quote from: DCR on August 23, 2009, 09:34:21 PM

Time to reflect I suppose.Perhaps his loyalty has also reaped rewards as well in the past. Some you win, some you lose.

I reckon he'll bring in a few of last years minors and dispense with some lads who have not cut the mustard.

Which Minors they are you talking about? Have these Minors the quality of the class of '98

DCR

Quote from: nothingbettertobeat on August 23, 2009, 10:19:01 PM
Time for Kyle Coney and Niall mc kenna to enter the fray.
and Squad members like Aidan Cassidy and Sean O'Neill to be broken into the side who both came on and were the positives in a lack luster performance today, although in the aftermath we can over-react all little by this defeat i dont think its as bad as people are saying wer still one of the top 3 teams in Ireland. maybe on another day another ref things coulda been different
Just watched The Sunday Game and we were definitely as bad as people are saying. Thought the Ref was bad but no way did he cost us the game - we just couldn't cope with Cork's speed and strength. Unfortunately.