The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blewuporstuffed

Not the end of the world that they are out of the FA cup, it may be a good thing in the long run, but the performance itself was disappointing. It is hard to draw many positives from it.
The senior players that you thought would be trying to play their way into contention were all very poor.
The young lads , apart from Hoever who i thought was very good, struggled as well.
In fairness to them its not easy to come intoa  cobbled togtehr team and make an impact.
Fabino did rightly at CB and at least proved he could be a decent stop game there.
I would let sturridge go in this window if there was a buyer for him, i just dont think he offers you anything anymore.Moreno was a disaster as well and needs to move on, but the lack of defensive cover means he will likely stay to the end of the season
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

From the Bunker

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on January 08, 2019, 11:12:22 AM
Not the end of the world that they are out of the FA cup, it may be a good thing in the long run, but the performance itself was disappointing. It is hard to draw many positives from it.
The senior players that you thought would be trying to play their way into contention were all very poor.
The young lads , apart from Hoever who i thought was very good, struggled as well.
In fairness to them its not easy to come intoa  cobbled togtehr team and make an impact.
Fabino did rightly at CB and at least proved he could be a decent stop game there.
I would let sturridge go in this window if there was a buyer for him, i just dont think he offers you anything anymore.Moreno was a disaster as well and needs to move on, but the lack of defensive cover means he will likely stay to the end of the season

I'd hold onto Sturridge until the summer, he is the type of player that can steal a game when brought on with 15 minutes to go when Mane/Mo/Rob have ran out of ideas.

To be fair to all the players last night, it is hard to be thrown together in such a mishmash and expect a cohesive functional unit.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 08, 2019, 11:23:16 AM

I'd hold onto Sturridge until the summer, he is the type of player that can steal a game when brought on with 15 minutes to go when Mane/Mo/Rob have ran out of ideas.

To be fair to all the players last night, it is hard to be thrown together in such a mishmash and expect a cohesive functional unit.

He certainly used to be, but he was so so poor last night.
He looks like he is done
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

brokencrossbar1

Don't think so anymore.  He has scored 7 goals in 37 games in the last 2 seasons.  The odd piece of magic does not hide the fact that he is not up to it anymore.  He won't go this window as his wages are simply too high.  He will be here till the summer and then we will see.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on January 08, 2019, 11:34:23 AM

Don't think so anymore.  He has scored 7 goals in 37 games in the last 2 seasons.  The odd piece of magic does not hide the fact that he is not up to it anymore.  He won't go this window as his wages are simply too high.  He will be here till the summer and then we will see.
Agree. Simply not getting any return on the expenditure. It's a shame for him as he probably could have done a decent job over the past few years in some of the lower clubs.

north_antrim_hound

Very disfunctional performance due to players not use to each other and playing out of position. Biggest worries would be Milner, he didn't have a great game and the same when he was on v Man City. Sturridge should be sold as he didn't look interested or maybe his legs are gone, Moreno should be sold to. Shaq looks like he is a impact sub for when the game opens up or when they are leading.
Got the impression that the FA cup isn't on the Klopp radar and is a distraction, so it maybe rubbed of on the players.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

From the Bunker

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on January 08, 2019, 02:25:10 PM
Very disfunctional performance due to players not use to each other and playing out of position. Biggest worries would be Milner, he didn't have a great game and the same when he was on v Man City. Sturridge should be sold as he didn't look interested or maybe his legs are gone, Moreno should be sold to. Shaq looks like he is a impact sub for when the game opens up or when they are leading.
Got the impression that the FA cup isn't on the Klopp radar and is a distraction, so it maybe rubbed of on the players.

Yeah, Klopp won't say that publicly as the English media still try to cling to the Romance of this competition. Last night was there for 5/6 to show case their ability, try to win the game and open up chances for them to get real game time again in round 4 and possibly 5 (after seeing how the draw went).

Cunny Funt

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 08, 2019, 02:41:41 PM

Yeah, Klopp won't say that publicly as the English media still try to cling to the Romance of this competition. Last night was there for 5/6 to show case their ability, try to win the game and open up chances for them to get real game time again in round 4 and possibly 5 (after seeing how the draw went).
Not just this season that Klopp hasn't cared much for the FA Cup. Since he became manager Liverpool have been knocked out by Wolves twice,West Brom and West Ham. Also drew with Exeter City and Plymouth.

laoislad

Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 08, 2019, 05:09:53 PM

Not just this season that Klopp hasn't cared much for the FA Cup. Since he became manager Liverpool have been knocked out by Wolves twice,West Brom and West Ham. Also drew with Exeter City and Plymouth.
Thanks for that Captain Obvious.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: laoislad on January 08, 2019, 05:13:51 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 08, 2019, 05:09:53 PM

Thanks for that Captain Obvious.

Not this shit again.  ::)

Capt Pat

Does anyone think Liverpool might pick up a defender in the transfer window? Injuries are beginning to mount up back there.

gawa316

Quote from: Capt Pat on January 08, 2019, 11:52:59 PM
Does anyone think Liverpool might pick up a defender in the transfer window? Injuries are beginning to mount up back there.

Not really the Klopp thing (unless he is picking up a dual threat player like caulker). By the sounds of it Gomez and Matip are back soon.

Aaron Boone

Quote from: gawa316 on January 09, 2019, 12:21:21 AM

Not really the Klopp thing (unless he is picking up a dual threat player like caulker). By the sounds of it Gomez and Matip are back soon.

No harm in picking up an experienced Premier League defender for the run-in. Guys like Scott Dann, Ryan Shawcross or Jamaal Lascelles would have done the job in the Wolves match.

gawa316

Quote from: Aaron Boone on January 09, 2019, 12:29:30 AM
Quote from: gawa316 on January 09, 2019, 12:21:21 AM

No harm in picking up an experienced Premier League defender for the run-in. Guys like Scott Dann, Ryan Shawcross or Jamaal Lascelles would have done the job in the Wolves match.

I reckon Klopp's thinking is in a matter of weeks he will have 4 fit cb's at his disposable again so what's the point. Although we are not penny pinchers anymore, every buck still counts in relation to trying to compete with the lkes of citee.

Plus it also blocks the chances and subsequent development of youth. If Klavan has not been sold  Gomez may not have got his chance at the start of the season.

brokencrossbar1

Klopp has already stated that he will not be getting a defender.  The way the games are set there is no desperate need for one.  Matip, Gomez and Lovern will all be available again within 3 weeks, Fabinho can step in there.  There are 5 games in the next 30 days so the squad is not going to be massively stretched hopefully with plenty of recovery time between games.