The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbrick18

Quote from: Rossfan on July 25, 2022, 10:49:50 AM
RTÉ could do us all a favour by getting rid of Cahill and " I didn't see what happened there" McStay
You could add Cantwell, Whelan and Cavanagh to that list.

imtommygunn

I have yet to see anyone see anything positive on Cavanagh. Whelan isn't fantastic but you could stomach him a bit more as he comes across as an alright sort and isn't constantly trying to score points for himself.

caprea

Commentary was dull yesterday, the rte commentary staff could learn a bit from AFL and Bein sports Qatari commentators

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 25, 2022, 12:26:57 PM
I have yet to see anyone see anything positive on Cavanagh. Whelan isn't fantastic but you could stomach him a bit more as he comes across as an alright sort and isn't constantly trying to score points for himself.

Point scoring. Thats it in a nutshell. Even the most innocent comment seems to have to be jumped on to get one up on the rival analyst/county. I rarely watch but Cavanagh at it steady and in general is far from a natural and a hard boy to warm tol. With Pat going he may improve but i wouldnt hold my breath

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

First world problems

galwayman

Re the team of the year - the named half back line are all good players of course but John Daly was the best number 6 in Ireland this year. Played well in every single game.
Morley is a good player but Daly was better in my opinion.

rrhf

actually really enjoyed last nights panel..

Cunny Funt

Quote from: galwayman on July 25, 2022, 01:58:00 PM
Re the team of the year - the named half back line are all good players of course but John Daly was the best number 6 in Ireland this year. Played well in every single game.
Morley is a good player but Daly was better in my opinion.
John Daly has been good in every game however key to Kerry's All Ireland success was their improvement in defence and for me the role Morley has played was huge in their system and improvement. Jason Foley another who has really stood out at full back. When the All stars are picked all three should be selected.

Walter Cronc

Unpopular opinion - don't get the Morley hype! At all.

mrdeeds

Sean Cavanagh's Laochra Gael shows exactly what he's like.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Walter Cronc on July 25, 2022, 04:39:35 PM
Unpopular opinion - don't get the Morley hype! At all.
Well the popular opinion is David Clifford alone won Kerry the All-Ireland.

Kerry as i stated on here myself when they were managed by Peter Keane weren't good enough defensively to win the All-Ireland. Easy to score against and they had a habit of switching off and conceding soft goals. Tyrone exploited that soft centre last year with three goals.

Now under Jack O'Connor they have fixed the structure of their defence, the roles Morley, Foley are playing is key to their improvement they rarely give up goals chances anymore and remember yesterday they were up against a Galway team that had scored 11 goals in 5 games coming into that final. Their displine in the tackle and high turnover count has been highly impressive this year.

The team with the best defence more often than not wins the All-Ireland and that was certainly Kerry this year.

imtommygunn

Two forwards out of six scoring is good defending.

galwayman

Quote from: mrdeeds on July 25, 2022, 05:32:03 PM

Sean Cavanagh's Laochra Gael shows exactly what he's like.
Didn't see that Laochra Gael I think.
He's atrocious as a pundit tho. And comes across as a w**ker to be honest

Real Talk

Number 1 .... Sean Cavanagh loves Sean Cavanagh.  When Brian Dooher was playing for Tyrone he did the 'donkey work' ( ie handed him easy ball) for him and he was a very efficient and effective cog in that Tyrone set -up .... when Dooher retired Sean Cavanagh wasn't nearly as effective or as influential.

Rossfan

Jases poor Cavanagh getting an awful load of abuse!
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM