The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

He's not really blessed with much of a sense of humour tbh. Obviously very capable guy just not on a humour level.

balladmaker

If anyone in RTE is reading this, Cavanagh ain't an analyst, best to be left off for the future.  Couldn't believe it when he came on today, surely you assemble your best panel for an All Ireland Final, that definitely wasn't it today by a long way.

yellowcard

Quote from: balladmaker on July 24, 2022, 06:49:22 PM
If anyone in RTE is reading this, Cavanagh ain't an analyst, best to be left off for the future.  Couldn't believe it when he came on today, surely you assemble your best panel for an All Ireland Final, that definitely wasn't it today by a long way.

I don't like Cavanagh as an analyst but Spillane shouldn't have been there if it's based on punditry skills or more importantly since he had skin in the game.

Similarly on Sky, Donaghy shouldn't have been there. Too many Kerry in the media.

Jim Bob

Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on July 24, 2022, 03:17:06 PM
Switched to Sky after Cavanagh's comment on Paddy Russell and Dublin.

I'd say you are only saying that...not a bit of you switched over...

Jim Bob

Well done Paddy Tally...it took a Tyrone man to go down there and sort their team out for them ..

lenny

Quote from: balladmaker on July 24, 2022, 06:49:22 PM

I only watched RTE for a short time before Sky started their coverage and i thought cavanagh was a disgrace. First he tried to pick a fight with Spillane over which point was better, O'Sheas or Rian O'neill's when in actual fact anyone with an ounce of wit knows they were both superb points under pressure. Then he made a snide, childish and distasteful comment about Dublin's 1995 winning team. He should not be allowed near a tv studio again.

Farrandeelin

Yes, could Cavanagh please follow Spillane out the door please.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Champion The Wonder Horse

Quote from: Jim Bob on July 24, 2022, 07:00:42 PM

I did actually. Could listen to Canavan all day. McGuinness not far behind. Even Donaghy a massive upgrade on RTÉ panel.

It wasn't specifically because of that one comment; just the realisation there were likely to similarly banal ones throughout the analysis. And life's short enough.

Though there were times during the game that I had to turn back to RTÉ as Sky picture was dropping. But that was ok because Darragh moloney was commentating.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on July 24, 2022, 08:18:41 PM

I did actually. Could listen to Canavan all day. McGuinness not far behind. Even Donaghy a massive upgrade on RTÉ panel.

It wasn't specifically because of that one comment; just the realisation there were likely to similarly banal ones throughout the analysis. And life's short enough.

Though there were times during the game that I had to turn back to RTÉ as Sky picture was dropping. But that was ok because Darragh moloney was commentating.

Imagine paying for shite picture

lenny

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on July 24, 2022, 09:02:31 PM

I watched on sky,picture never dropped once. Saw someone saying that on twitter but I never had a problem.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: lenny on July 24, 2022, 09:13:53 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on July 24, 2022, 09:02:31 PM

I watched on sky,picture never dropped once. Saw someone saying that on twitter but I never had a problem.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/gaa/gaelic-football/gaelic-football-news/sky-sports-apologise-almost-unwatchable-27564333

Kidder81

There were definite and persistent problems on Sky, they even had the onscreen apology message. I had to switch to RTE as it was unwatchable

ONeill

I think Sean will improve with Spillane not there. He seemed too concerned with trying to wind him up and I think it started to grate with even Pat by the end.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

lenny

Quote from: ONeill on July 24, 2022, 09:40:17 PM
I think Sean will improve with Spillane not there. He seemed too concerned with trying to wind him up and I think it started to grate with even Pat by the end.

You'd get better analysis from a 12 year old child than cavanagh. He thinks he's funny and seems to be thinking of what would provide a laugh to his mates rather than actually thinking about the game. He comes across as extremely immature and unlikeable. He's not funny at all and his analysis is pathetic so I'm not sure why he's there.

screenexile

Quote from: ONeill on July 24, 2022, 09:40:17 PM

I don't think he has the right personality for the role he's just not watchable...

Along with that do we need 6 opinions on the game today?? Surely 3-4 is plenty?