The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Jinxy on May 08, 2018, 10:13:53 AM
Cian Ward is the best football analyst knocking around at the moment but he works better on the radio/podcast where he actually has time to speak.

I like Anthony Moyles as well, they have no agenda, just articulate analysis.
#newbridgeornowhere

rosnarun

Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 08, 2018, 10:16:15 AM
Cian Ward is the best football analyst knocking around at the moment but he works better on the radio/podcast where he actually has time to speak.

Anthony Moyles one of the top guys in the CPA has no agenda. really?
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Dinny Breen

Quote from: rosnarun on May 08, 2018, 10:32:34 AM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 08, 2018, 10:16:15 AM

Anthony Moyles one of the top guys in the CPA has no agenda. really?

Wtf has the CPA got to do with analyzing inter-county football matches?
#newbridgeornowhere

Jinxy

"He kicked a poor wide there. I blame the lack of regular club fixtures."
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Syferus

Just hire Cake full time. If you're going to have half the audience whining about you regardless  it may as well be someone who can play the panthomine villain well.

Asal Mor

Quote from: Jinxy on May 08, 2018, 12:20:27 PM
"He kicked a poor wide there. I blame the lack of regular club fixtures."
;D

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Syferus on May 08, 2018, 12:53:06 PM
Just hire Cake full time. If you're going to have half the audience whining about you regardless  it may as well be someone who can play the panthomine villain well.

That'd be good. Leaving cert students could watch to fine-tune their trigonometry skills
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

rrhf

I think  Cavanagh has potential to be controversial and say interesting things. Himself and Ciaran Whelan would be a good double act  with cavanaghs experience of having played at the highest level Adding  a lot there.

Itchy

He has cake for brains but he's no worse than Tomas ara ara  ara o se. Now that they are showing no games from the early province rounds the "experts" won't have to pretend they've ever heard of players from leitrim or Wicklow again.

Syferus

What the hell is up with Cavanagh's wild eyes? He looks like he's trying to suck Des' soul out of his body with that stare.

longballin

Wicklow manager - "if Dublin want to beat us by 10 or 20 points they can" Is ridiculous this non tiered system...

Farrandeelin

Just saw the pics of Parsons injury. I was complaining that they didn't show it but thankfully sense prevailed.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Beffs

Quote from: Syferus on May 13, 2018, 09:56:37 PM
What the hell is up with Cavanagh's wild eyes? He looks like he's trying to suck Des' soul out of his body with that stare.

Ok. I'm glad it's not just me. Either the studio lights are blinding him, or he's breaking in new contact lens & trying not to blink. Very distracting, which ever one it is.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: longballin on May 13, 2018, 10:09:51 PM
Wicklow manager - "if Dublin want to beat us by 10 or 20 points they can" Is ridiculous this non tiered system...
You are mad for a tiered system. How much interest or coverage did you see of the Joe McDonagh,Christy ring,Nicky Rackard cups this weekend?

Wicklow manager has a name John Evans and he said "If Dublin want to beat us by 10, 20, 30 or 40 points they can do that, but we'll play our football and we'll develop our football over the next three years and that's what I'm looking at, not only one game."

Syferus

Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 14, 2018, 07:31:26 PM
Quote from: longballin on May 13, 2018, 10:09:51 PM
You are mad for a tiered system. How much interest or coverage did you see of the Joe McDonagh,Christy ring,Nicky Rackard cups this weekend?

Wicklow manager has a name John Evans and he said "If Dublin want to beat us by 10, 20, 30 or 40 points they can do that, but we'll play our football and we'll develop our football over the next three years and that's what I'm looking at, not only one game."

Bit like how him saying we could contend for an AI in the future became him saying "Roscommon are going to win the AI"..