The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manfromdelmonte

Martin Carney again

I'm actually turning off the tv commentary

Throw ball

Last week Lane let everything go. Today Neilan blows for very little. No wonder players get frustrated.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on June 11, 2017, 02:16:46 PM
Martin Carney again

He is woeful
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

mcklatchee

Quote from: Throw ball on June 11, 2017, 02:25:48 PM
Last week Lane let everything go. Today Neilan blows for very little. No wonder players get frustrated.

Players get very frustrated with Neilan's style of refereeing but he is interpreting the rule as written. Hard to criticise him. What is being punished as soft frees are still bad tackles.

He obviously missed Wylie's hand off
If you must ask a difficult question, ask someone else in 5 years time. I have a 5 yr plan you know

BennyCake

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on June 11, 2017, 02:16:46 PM
Martin Carney again

For me it's Ger Canning = mute or BBCNI.

Targetman

Have to agree, Canning is bad but Carney is brutal, his analysis is just pure shite, is this the best rte can come up with, Sidebottom's a genius compared to these tools!!

Gael85

Does spillane watch the games? Says "Martin Reilly no where to be seen in forwards" Does he not realise he's playing midfield? Don't get me started on Carney. Totally out of date with modern game. I thought Benny Tierney was good as co-commentator for Cork/Tipp game.

joemamas

Quote from: Targetman on June 11, 2017, 02:57:35 PM
Have to agree, Canning is bad but Carney is brutal, his analysis is just pure shite, is this the best rte can come up with, Sidebottom's a genius compared to these tools!!

They are horrible.
Carney now with the chuckle for good measure
They would ruin any game

Gael85

Carney must have dirt on someone in RTE. Should have got p45 years ago.

manfromdelmonte

Martin Carney drinking game...

"it must be said" - take a drink
"again, ...." - two drinks
"very much so" - shot

dublin7

Quote from: Gael85 on June 11, 2017, 03:18:04 PM
Carney must have dirt on someone in RTE. Should have got p45 years ago.

Carney is awful yet always gets co-commentary gig for all Ireland. Breaks my heart with his idiotic and out of date view of the game.

Gael85

i wonder will sunday game bring up the diving incidents in 2 games today? Some shocking stuff from McManus and Oconnor

Wildweasel74

O`Connor to me from the tv looked like he was body checked, i didnt see the replays. McManus has no excuse, it was going down trying to get a man sent off.

twohands!!!

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 11, 2017, 06:36:39 PM
O`Connor to me from the tv looked like he was body checked, i didnt see the replays. McManus has no excuse, it was going down trying to get a man sent off.

Looked like he blatantly ran into Flynn to me.

Footage at the link below

https://www.balls.ie/gaa/keith-higgins-366875

Dinny Breen

Was watching the Mayo/Galway game but with Clare/Kerry looking interesting stuck on Radio Kerry, Christ the difference between knowledgeable passionate commentators and Dessie "I can see it right there, watch his lower arm"* Dolan was day and night...

*It was a knew in the balls Dessie....
#newbridgeornowhere