The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DuffleKing

Quote from: moysider on June 27, 2016, 01:33:41 AM
Quote from: Hardy on June 20, 2016, 04:21:14 PM
On LMFM last Sunday, Stefan White in his half time analysis said the Louth defence was pedestrianised!

But that was nothing compared to last Saturday. I was in a house where they were watching Ireland v. Belgium on BBC and yer man Shearer announced at half time that there were "a few chinks in the Belgian defence". Is that the granny rule and how come nobody else knew that? And weren't there a couple of lads sacked off Sky lately for using language like that?

You're acting the maggot with the chink thing Hardy surely?
A chink is a weakness in defensive armour. A small but possibly fatal weakness. Probably goes back to days of medieval warfare and chainmail and possibly a French origin - like a lot of descriptive words do.

😀

😳

Rossfan

Quote from: Hardy on June 27, 2016, 08:47:14 AM
Why did the chicken cross the road?
To get away from Tom(my) Carr.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Dinny Breen

Ger and Martin at their patronising best today, I'm almost pining for Tommy Tom.
#newbridgeornowhere

joemamas

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 03, 2016, 03:09:20 PM
Ger and Martin at their patronising best today, I'm almost pining for Tommy Tom.

No way,

There may be a lot of "strongly built fellows" around followed by a dozen "very much so Ger"

But at least they don't think they are an "expert on everything" like Tommy Tom

Syferus

Would they give poor Dessie a chair the mean bastards.

RealSpiritof98

Ger 'the jiz at Kerry' Canning having a field day here, ref also killing Tipp as a neutral

Fuzzman

Do Brolly and Spillane always be kept apart this year?

Dinny Breen

What is the point of Dessie 'he/they will be disappointed with that' Dolan?
#newbridgeornowhere

joemamas

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 03, 2016, 03:34:06 PM

no idea, nice lad i am sure, but it is cliche city

maigheo

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 03, 2016, 03:34:06 PM
That is a total mystery .Zero insight

Zulu

Good man Joe, Tipp at half time were too defensive (when they weren't at all) and after the game they were one of the few teams that don't play defensively and would beat most other qualifiers.

Also blamed the GPA for the current format when they had a radical alternative and it's the grassroots who are keeping the current farce. Utter waffle from Joe today.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Zulu on July 03, 2016, 03:44:28 PM
Good man Joe, Tipp at half time were too defensive (when they weren't at all) and after the game they were one of the few teams that don't play defensively and would beat most other qualifiers.

Also blamed the GPA for the current format when they had a radical alternative and it's the grassroots who are keeping the current farce. Utter waffle from Joe today.
The sooner he's taken off the TV screens the better.

time ticking away

Is tomás wearing a poppy ???
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

Farrandeelin

Cringy the laughs of Des and Ciaran when Tomas jokes about the west Kerry final.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

barking mad

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 03, 2016, 03:27:09 PM
Do Brolly and Spillane always be kept apart this year?

No unfortunately they showed up for the ros Sligo match