The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Syferus on August 11, 2015, 03:21:23 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on August 11, 2015, 11:51:59 AM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 11, 2015, 11:50:16 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on August 11, 2015, 11:45:46 AM
Ye are not the only ones that yap, but I think ye've taken it too far. The whole yapping and roaring at lads who've missed a shot, or trying to get them to hit you by insulting their families etc, is just pathetic in my view, and while Tyrone are not the only ones who do it, it does seem to be more prevalent in some of the Tyrone players at various levels. And as I said, there's no need for it.

If the media was just focusing on that element, then I'd sort of say they have a point. But to highlight diving, cynical play and the like for Tyrone, and not pass any remarks on other teams who do it is definitely unfair.

And therein lies my contention and that of most Tyrone fans when it comes to RTE and the Southern media.

I know. I said I'm on yer side here. But ye could help yourselves by dialing back the other stuff.

AZ, c'mon man - he's obviously a troll who is milking the wake of this mess (of Tyrone's own making) to stir the pot for his own enjoyment. The sad part is his ramblings about 'south v Ulster' is actually believed by some genuine posters here.

Which little shit hole county do you come from? The only interest you have past August is trying to sully the name of a team who have the mettle to win big games at Croke Park.

screenexile

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 11, 2015, 03:25:16 PM
Ye are not the only ones that yap, but I think ye've taken it too far. The whole yapping and roaring at lads who've missed a shot, or trying to get them to hit you by insulting their families etc, is just pathetic in my view, and while Tyrone are not the only ones who do it, it does seem to be more prevalent in some of the Tyrone players at various levels. And as I said, there's no need for it.

If the media was just focusing on that element, then I'd sort of say they have a point. But to highlight diving, cynical play and the like for Tyrone, and not pass any remarks on other teams who do it is definitely unfair.

And therein lies my contention and that of most Tyrone fans when it comes to RTE and the Southern media.

I know. I said I'm on yer side here. But ye could help yourselves by dialing back the other stuff.

AZ, c'mon man - he's obviously a troll who is milking the wake of this mess (of Tyrone's own making) to stir the pot for his own enjoyment. The sad part is his ramblings about 'south v Ulster' is actually believed by some genuine posters here.

I dunno. Maybe he is. But he's not the only one who thinks Tyrone get an unduly hard time in the media.

https://www.facebook.com/teamtalkmag.tyrone

Fill your boots with hard luck stories on that page how RTE/the Southern meeja, Ireland, Derry, the world hate Tyrone and it's all unfair on them blah blah blah... what about 1942 when one of our lads got a bad slap/there was no uproar about O'Mahony/Shields (There clearly was)... blah blah blah

Poor Tyrone :(

Applesisapples

Some posters on here need to calm down with old keyboard sledging. There is not a competitive team in the world that would not do what it takes to win. Tyrone are getting the shit because they have won. You would think to hear some of the Munster posters on here that it is a province populated with angels. Kerry are not just superb footballers, they give it and take it. Hughes has acknowledged today (in a round-about way) that he invited a reaction by raising his hand and accepted that neither he, McCann nor Marty Duffy were covered in glory. Bad and all as diving is Ref's can and should be able to see it and linemen as well can be consulted. What is worse in my mind and is never punished (or rarely) is the grabbing of the arm and pulling a player down for a free, its endemic. players will use every angle to win so why don't the GAA use every angle to police the game, give linemen more authority, better training for umpires and video evidence.

omaghjoe

Quote from: heffo on August 11, 2015, 01:48:12 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on August 10, 2015, 09:20:11 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 10, 2015, 09:01:28 PM

Ciaran Whelan mugged off, mugged off good and proper.

TBF Cavanagh had floored him fairly and squarely 6months earlier after he started acting the big man. He wasn't gonna chance that again

Funny that Cavanagh apologised to him afterwards in the Croke Park players lounge for catching him high and late and Whelan had a black eye/bruising - I know one or two of you people are GAA members and can verify that with Cavanagh

I can imagine that conversation....

OJ: Well Sean, how'she cutting?

SC: Not bad lad, bit sore, big Finlay tried a Mortal Comabt move on me there at the weekend but sure its all fun and games

OJ: Aye I seen that, here tell us this, Do you mine landing big Whelo on his arse in 08?

SC: Ahhhhh....maybe...there's a fair bit o contact in these matches like, hard to mind it all.

OJ: Right aye well ye did, I mind it well cos he was acting the big lad b4 hand and I thought it was nice you got him back fair and square

SC: Rrright....Fair enuff

OJ: Well there's some boy on a message board online reckons you apologised afterwards cos you gave him a black eye

SC: Ahhhh...maybe...I dunno I might well have, if I gave him a shiner like. At the end of the day nobody wants to hurt anybody on the pitch cleanly or illegally so we draw a line under it once we're off the pitch

OJ: Fair enuff big lad, I'll let them know

SC:  ::)

Beantown

There was a time a body looked forward to watching The Sunday Game, kinda like Match of the Day on a Sat night, but unlike match of the day, the Sunday Game has went backwards.  The studio / set is like a poor Eurovision attempt at futuristic design, Des Cahill  is laughable as a host. Doesn't have a clue, holding up a piece of card congratulating Shane Lowry - good god !!!!!! Pahal.......  the only redeeming features have been Dessie Dolan, Tomas o Se, Paul Early, I don't mind Ciaran Whelan either, has some valid points and gets them across well.  It's nearly getting to the stage where ye watch to see how bad Des Cahill can really get, which is a shame because we have great games getting comic book presentation.   Maybe it's all part of the D4 agenda to ruin the gaa and promote rugby, soccer and heaven forbid cricket, cos that's where the money is but maybe I am just getting cynical in my old age... I never though a tyrone man would ever get cynical, but well done RTE this is all your fault ! ;-) ;-)

Beantown

Before I get slated, sorry sledged !!!! I know it's Dermot Early not Paul Early,,, that was a typo! My quiff got ruffled and I got all in a fluster

omaghjoe

Quote from: Beantown on August 11, 2015, 08:48:49 PM
Before I get slated, sorry sledged !!!! I know it's Dermot Early not Paul Early,,, that was a typo! My quiff got ruffled and I got all in a fluster

You can edit your posts

Farrandeelin

Apart from that typo beamtown, spot on.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

imtommygunn

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 11, 2015, 03:25:16 PM

I dunno. Maybe he is. But he's not the only one who thinks Tyrone get an unduly hard time in the media.

To be fair to tyrone (and i'm not a big fan if I'm honest) the sunday game showed finlay smack cavanagh on the back of the head in one clip and he pretty much smacked peter harte on the mouth in another clip too and they were glossed over. It wasn't exactly unbiased. Yet mcnamee punched mcmanus and they highlighted it. You can't show clips of teams from one side getting hit , gloss over them, highlight a punch on their man and expect to be deemed unbiased.

Des Cahill is an awful host too. He's like a sun journalist.

LeoMc

TBF Cavanagh had floored him fairly and squarely 6months earlier after he started acting the big man. He wasn't gonna chance that again

Funny that Cavanagh apologised to him afterwards in the Croke Park players lounge for catching him high and late and Whelan had a black eye/bruising - I know one or two of you people are GAA members and can verify that with Cavanagh
What game is Whelo supposed to have dived in and how is it related to whether Cavanagh fouled him and apologised for it 6 months earlier?

omaghjoe

Quote from: LeoMc on August 11, 2015, 10:15:15 PM

What game is Whelo supposed to have dived in and how is it related to whether Cavanagh fouled him and apologised for it 6 months earlier?

He dived in the 125 match in Croke Park in 2009 after being tackled by Sean and got a black card (original) from Marty Duffy for his troubles

I suggestted he was worried about getting dumped on his arse again like he was after a collision with big Sean in the 08 championship match.

Dont know anything about this apology

AhNowRef

Quote from: paddyoslabs on August 11, 2015, 11:50:49 AM
jasus bomber your some shite talker.I was at the u21 final,and never in all my life have we come across such outright thugs as was your u21 team,spitting at players might be the norm in tyrone,but by jasus its the act of a gougher in munster.going on face book to get the names of girlfriends and mothers of tipp players might be the norm in tyrone but in Munster its the act of goughers.Imagine going to those extremes to get the edge,We play and lose to Cork and Kerry a lot,and never have they felt the need for this kind of carry on.I was in Donegal recently and spoke to people up there about your minor team,well lets just say they don't think much of ye either,That poor chap after losing his dad,and the abuse he got from your minors was ,well if we ever carried on like that ,I would never again support Tipp,Whoever is promoting this crab needs to be found and removed from the tyrone set up.I have left croker after losing to the great Kilkenny team,but have always walked out with them having the craic,Never have I felt as angry as  Tipp supporter as that night in Parnell park,And yes Stephen O Brien was wrong,but maybe the spitting and verbals got to him,I met two lads from tyrone after the gamein thurles recently,they joined our company and we had a great few hours with them,one of them was not aware what went on in parnell park,his pal told him,and he just said that's not any way to win an all-Ireland,why would we want it.................says a lot really......

Hi Paddy O .... Is there any chance you might be missing a "ber" between the "b" & "s" at the end of your name ?
....... Just a thought  :-\

paddyoslabs

ANR do you know where the five lapms are?

muppet

Quote from: paddyoslabs on August 12, 2015, 05:35:43 PM

The Pubic Triangle?
MWWSI 2017

AhNowRef

Quote from: paddyoslabs on August 12, 2015, 05:35:43 PM

I dont even know what the 5 "lapms" are  :-\