Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trileacman

Quote from: muppet on August 10, 2015, 08:24:13 PM
Quote from: Hospital Road on August 10, 2015, 08:11:41 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 10, 2015, 08:10:25 PM
Are you one of these people?
Are you?

You continue to lecture those from both sides of the border on critical thinking. You are thankful for a 'small but growing group of Freethinkers', but you don't seem to know if you are one of them.  ;D

Don't waste your time with him, not worth it.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Aaron Boone

An Eskra man told me the Tyrone County Board could give Kerry a bye into the final "in the interests & ethos of the GAA". They convened in Kelly's Inn today and only Mickey Harte & one or two diehards from Dromore/Trillick were holding out.

omaghjoe

Quote from: trileacman on August 10, 2015, 08:37:06 PM
Are you?

You continue to lecture those from both sides of the border on critical thinking. You are thankful for a 'small but growing group of Freethinkers', but you don't seem to know if you are one of them.  ;D

Don't waste your time with him, not worth it.

Which one Trillick?

I was enjoying this little multi thread skirmish.

All the more so since one is my alter ego, however he managed to keep posting while I was at lunch......

I was beginning to adhere to the dualism school but now pluralism is starting to look feasible.

Il Bomber Destro

Ciaran Whelan mugged off, mugged off good and proper.

muppet

Quote from: Hospital Road on August 10, 2015, 08:40:39 PM
Are you?

It doesn't matter wherever I'm a 'freethinker' or not because you don't have to claim to be one to engage in critical thinking, reasoning, evaluate and communicate.

The problem here is that because I have you rattled that you might not be as intelligent as you think you are, all you can do is resort to sarcasm, hyperbole, accuse me of being a WUM and deflecting. You appear to me to be a good example of the Dunning Kruger effect, and that is not either an ad hominem or a 'lecture'. That is called an opinion, something which people who don't have developed thinking facilities don't understand properly. I don't blame you, I blame the environment you were brought up in.

Now other than still waiting for evidence that I am a 'self proclaimed king of critical thought', there is no more point in dealing with yourself because I don't want to be dragged down to the level of idiots who can then beat me with their experience. But if you can't find that quote, I will continually call you out as a bullshitter.

But if you aren't one of the  freethinkers that you were thankful for,  that means you are part of either 'a political system that seeks to keep political dynasties in place' or 'those outside of a small elite kept dark and ignorant to the world around them'. Which are you?

MWWSI 2017

omaghjoe

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 10, 2015, 09:01:28 PM

Ciaran Whelan mugged off, mugged off good and proper.

TBF Cavanagh had floored him fairly and squarely 6months earlier after he started acting the big man. He wasn't gonna chance that again

SuperHo

I know ye are but what am i? :P

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

BennyHarp

On last nights show Colm O'Rourke listed instances of Tyrone misdeamours this year including the sledging v Donegal and also sledging in the Tipp U21s. Whilst acknowledging the embarrassing reactions of Tiernan McCann, I must ask, Was the actions of Darren Hughes sledging? If so, then this is the same misdemeanour bought up from weeks ago by O'Rourke to fit his argument but conveniently ignored whilst it's actually playing out on screen in front of him in the studio. What was Darren Hughes' motives for putting his hand anywhere near McCann? The clear answer is he was trying to provoke a reaction - sledging. I'm not on here to defend McCanns antics, but id ask a serious question - Would people here have been happier if McCann had responded by punching Hughes in the face? Would that have been more"manly" for Colm and his like? Would Ciaran Whelan have been calling for an apology then? What if he'd broken Hughes jaw, would that have been less of a disrepute to the game than diving? Would the "hair ruffling and sledging been mentioned on the Sunday Game had Tiernan just walked away? Well given the focus on sledging this summer it most definitely should have been discussed.

Kevin Keane boxed Murphy on the jaw in the following game and it's gently tutted at, Finlay boxed Cavanagh and nobody bats an eyelid. McCann falls over and the world caves in. Social media, The Sunday Game and all two bit journalists can't wait to get their boot into the young lad who hasn't actually caused any physical damage to another player.

I'll state again, I 100% unreservedly condemn McCann for his silly reaction but the hypocrisy, bile and biased way this has been handled by all sections of the media has been nauseating in the extreme.
That was never a square ball!!

Syferus

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 11, 2015, 12:50:07 AM
On last nights show Colm O'Rourke listed instances of Tyrone misdeamours this year including the sledging v Donegal and also sledging in the Tipp U21s. Whilst acknowledging the embarrassing reactions of Tiernan McCann, I must ask, Was the actions of Darren Hughes sledging? If so, then this is the same misdemeanour bought up from weeks ago by O'Rourke to fit his argument but conveniently ignored whilst it's actually playing out on screen in front of him in the studio. What was Darren Hughes' motives for putting his hand anywhere near McCann? The clear answer is he was trying to provoke a reaction - sledging. I'm not on here to defend McCanns antics, but id ask a serious question - Would people here have been happier if McCann had responded by punching Hughes in the face? Would that have been more"manly" for Colm and his like? Would Ciaran Whelan have been calling for an apology then? What if he'd broken Hughes jaw, would that have been less of a disrepute to the game than diving? Would the "hair ruffling and sledging been mentioned on the Sunday Game had Tiernan just walked away? Well given the focus on sledging this summer it most definitely should have been discussed.

Kevin Keane boxed Murphy on the jaw in the following game and it's gently tutted at, Finlay boxed Cavanagh and nobody bats an eyelid. McCann falls over and the world caves in. Social media, The Sunday Game and all two bit journalists can't wait to get their boot into the young lad who hasn't actually caused any physical damage to another player.

I'll state again, I 100% unreservedly condemn McCann for his silly reaction but the hypocrisy, bile and biased way this has been handled by all sections of the media has been nauseating in the extreme.

Because you continually do it at every damn grade. If one of your's just boxed the head off a man or tried to needle the odd player you'd get the same reaction as other teams do. It wouldn't follow you around like a bad smell then.

You and a lot of Tyrone posters conveniently ignore the track record in the face of anecdotes of misdemeanors by other teams. No one is falling for that line but the Tyrone true believers.

moysider

No he didn't. It was a mild reaction to being ruffed up by Murphy and will have to be rescinded.

McCann on the other hand was a joke. His 'look at me' hairstyle was asking to be ruffled up. No better man than that Hughes lad.

Saying that, I saw him and the Monaghan team in the league in Castlebar and their discipline was not good - reckless even. like they believed  the hype Mayo were soft and they could sew it in and lost the plot entirely when they didn t get their way. That Hughes lad came on that day and was lowing for a card of some colour straight away. Can t remember if he got one or not touigh.

ballela-angel

A few comments on this diving/getting fellas black cards/yellow cards/red cards (or "getting the line" in olden days) and refs
1. The current perception of Tyrone diving started with Peter Canavan, who truly made it an art form - The growth of the perception since then, has in some individual players, been justified

2. Pat McEnany (not sure of the spelling) was once quoted as stating that if he was ref and Peter Canavan was looking for a penalty, the tackle would have had to be heavy enough that Peter wouldn't be physically well enough after the tackle to take the penalty

3.In the dressing room at half time of the 1960 All-Ireland final the Down team were advised to be careful not "to get the line in the second half as that will be part of the Kerry strategy to win this game"

4. Aidan O'Mahoney's falling as if assassinated when Donncha O'Connor of Cork touched him on the cheek in Croke Park was as bad at play acting to get someone the line as what we saw on Saturday last

I have always admired Tyrone under Mickey Harte and over those years thought they gave as good as they got (with Canavan and Sean Cavanaugh being the exception for putting on the theatrics) but even I was shocked at the amount of it on Saturday - I could see by the end of the game that Tyrone have made it difficult for neutrals like myself to respect them even though they played great football against Monaghan
That being said, powerful people in the media, especially Pat Spillane with his "butter wouldn't melt in out mouths down here in Kerry where we only play "pure, honest, traditional, kick-pass football" have been over critical of Tyrone and their approach to football with his puke-football comments, and regrettably that sledging of his on them as a TV pundit has gained a lot of traction

Bottom line is, both teams might be practicing the dark-arts in the semi-final, but it's still a game I do not want to miss
That awkward moment - Not sure if you do have free time or if you're just forgetting everything!

omaghjoe

Quote from: moysider on August 11, 2015, 01:42:01 AM

No he didn't. It was a mild reaction to being ruffed up by Murphy and will have to be rescinded.

McCann on the other hand was a joke. His 'look at me' hairstyle was asking to be ruffled up. No better man than that Hughes lad.

Saying that, I saw him and the Monaghan team in the league in Castlebar and their discipline was not good - reckless even. like they believed  the hype Mayo were soft and they could sew it in and lost the plot entirely when they didn t get their way. That Hughes lad came on that day and was lowing for a card of some colour straight away. Can t remember if he got one or not touigh.

Well thank f*ck someone outside of Ulster has first hand experience of the shower of hallions that Monaghan have been for the last 10 years. They really have to be seen  to be believed. The usual suspects of  Clerkin and Mone were unusally subdued yesterday but Finlay and C. Hughes took up the mantle well.

BTW all this BS about it not being in Finaly's character is hogwash. Just cos he saunters around the pitch in a lackadaisical manner doesnt disguise his love of sneaky digs, he's been at it for years

GJL

Quote from: moysider on August 11, 2015, 01:42:01 AM

You think a slap to the side of the face with a closed fist will be rescinded? Good luck with that!