Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: Hospital Road on August 10, 2015, 01:31:30 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 10, 2015, 12:51:51 PM
Quote from: Hospital Road on August 10, 2015, 12:39:56 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 10, 2015, 12:26:34 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 10, 2015, 10:58:43 AM

Good catch.

Clear punch with the right hand followed by the big Sean, 'I am innocent' hands in the air.
No surprise. Deflecting evidence with a sarcastic answer.

The Irish education has a lot to answer for. It has let its population down for decades.

Says the man who wrote this:

Quote from: Hospital Road on August 02, 2015, 09:48:06 PM
Quote from: The Hill is Blue on August 02, 2015, 09:33:08 PM
Quote from: Hospital Road on August 02, 2015, 09:13:45 PM
If my county were serious contenders for the All Ireland and the defence conceded 1-7 to a pizza munching fat arse, I know what I would worry about more.

In fairness I think you'll agree that maybe the goal should not have stood.
Ive looked at it several times. Quigley stood his ground, Cluxton with ball charged straight into Quigley, Cluxton bounces off lardarse and goes back with ball behind goal line. A fair goal I think.
Thanks for proving me right. No objective analysis of what I've said, just a half assed attempt to smear me.

The lack of ability most Irish people have to be objective and engage in critical thinking is something that needs to be looked at.

How is re-posting one of your own posts, an attempt to smear you? 

Unless you are smearing yourself... ;D ;D
MWWSI 2017

Gabriel_Hurl

paddyoslabs

Quote from: outside-the-wire on August 10, 2015, 09:59:40 AM
Do Tyrone people ever think there's no smoke without fire?

they would know all about smoke and fire in tyrone  ;)

deiseach

I remember Martin Breheny had an awful bee in his bonnet (what's new, sez you) about how he often couldn't vote for Colm O'Rourke to win an All-Star because he would be disqualified having been sent off at some point during the season. It was, in fairness, a daft rule, but it never seemed to knock Breheny out of his stride (when did it ever, sez you) that Colm might be making some contribution towards his misfortune.

Keyboard Warrior

Quote from: paddyoslabs on August 10, 2015, 02:33:52 PM
Quote from: outside-the-wire on August 10, 2015, 09:59:40 AM
Do Tyrone people ever think there's no smoke without fire?

they would know all about smoke and fire in tyrone  ;)

Surely the PaddyOSlab account is a piss take?

JoG2

Quote from: tbrick18 on August 10, 2015, 12:51:19 PM
The only thing wrong with what was said on the Sunday Game last night is that they let Monaghan off lightly too, but I kind of see the reasoning behind that.
They weren't trying to excuse Monaghan, rather they seemed to be trying to highlight that it seems to be an ingrained way of playing by Tyrone teams from minor, U21 and into Senior.
It's hard to argue against that given this year alone.

Yes other teams do it to and extent, but the level to which Tyrone do it does warrant extra attention from the punditry and media IMO.

I personally dont like the sly digs or sledging as its called which goes on off the ball, but I really cannot abide the lying down pretending to be dying carry on in a deliberate attempt to get a man sent off.
There are only a couple of valid reasons to partake in this sort of behaviour,
a) a complete lack of confidence in your own ability vs the ability of the opposition so you do anything you can to either get the other player sent off/injured/wound up to an extent they cant play.
b) a complete lack of respect towards other players who put as much time and effort into the game as anyone else and so you treat them like sh*t to scrape off your boot

I think in Tyrone, its a bit of both when it comes to these county teams.
It has to be said though, I know quite a few Tyronnies who I'd class as out and out GAA people and they dont like this carry on either and would never try to justify it. But there are a few who seem to think its all fair game to cheat and tr**p your way through other teams as they're not the only ones who do it.

There are so many things wrong in the GAA at present, the ability of teams and individuals to get away with behaving like that on a pitch, the inconsistency and ineptitude of the vast majority of intercounty referees, the complete disregard that Croke Park have for the frustration of supporters/teams with regards to refereeing and the unbalanced championship setup that it's becoming more and more difficult to see the positives.
I would like to see more action taken by the powers that be against teams/players who engage in this play acting/diving/cheating. I dont think it'll happen though.

As for the Sunday game itself, the pundits are stating their opinion. I've not problems with that even when I dont agree. I'd rather have them free to state what they think as opposed to the normal cliche type analysis you tend to get on the Sky broadcasts or the MOTD. For me, they are a better reflection of what the grass roots of the GAA think.

why not though? Surely it can be changed. Those in power will be fans of the game and will almost certainly not like this aspect of the game. Throw the book at McCann now and whoever else dives / cheats for the remainder of the season. Bring a specific rule in then that encompasses diving / cheating / rolling around the ground like a big man whore .

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: JoG2 on August 10, 2015, 03:52:29 PMwhy not though? Surely it can be changed. Those in power will be fans of the game and will almost certainly not like this aspect of the game. Throw the book at McCann now and whoever else dives / cheats for the remainder of the season. Bring a specific rule in then that encompasses diving / cheating / rolling around the ground like a big man whore .

Do you know how the rule book works in the GAA?

JoG2

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on August 10, 2015, 03:53:26 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on August 10, 2015, 03:52:29 PMwhy not though? Surely it can be changed. Those in power will be fans of the game and will almost certainly not like this aspect of the game. Throw the book at McCann now and whoever else dives / cheats for the remainder of the season. Bring a specific rule in then that encompasses diving / cheating / rolling around the ground like a big man whore .

motion, congress, votes etc etc

Gabriel_Hurl

and how many of those happen between now and the end of the season?

Fact is - there's not much they can do with regards to a ban until the rule is changed at congress next year

muppet

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on August 10, 2015, 03:53:26 PM

Sorry to go off on a tangent but....

When David Clarke made a save in the first half, he dived and while saving the shot touched the ball on the ground outside the area. A free was given, which, although harsh (what goalkeeper is not going to dive in case he touches the ball on the ground?), it was a correct decision according to the rules.

A fella near me started shouting that Clarke should be given a yellow card 'at least!'. When someone beside him asked why, he said because it was a goal-scoring opportunity.
MWWSI 2017

JoG2

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on August 10, 2015, 03:57:08 PM

Fact is - there's not much they can do with regards to a ban until the rule is changed at congress next year

bringing the game into disrepute? 1 match ban. This can happen now. 

trileacman

They brought in a rule there lately to stamp out all the cynical tackles and 3rd man tackles.

Needless to say it was a blistering success last Saturday.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: JoG2 on August 10, 2015, 03:58:56 PM

Where's this in the rule book? Any examples of it happening

muppet

Familiarity breeds contempt, they say.

Replays are probably the biggest source of rows. Then come annual fixtures, such as Cork and Kerry and some of the better Ulster teams who meet frequently.

Even this problem might improve with a better structure.

MWWSI 2017

JoG2

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on August 10, 2015, 04:01:32 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on August 10, 2015, 03:58:56 PM

Where's this in the rule book? Any examples of it happening

are you saying there is no rule or reg covering 'bringing the game into disrepute'? I thought this was catered for . Why do panelists / pundits talk about it?