The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkillfulBill

RTE and thon dick Brolly paint Tyrone as the panto villans i dont think Mickey Harte, Tyrone, or Tyrone supporters give a rats arse what they say or think. What matters most is Tyrone are back on the right track and are once again awaiting a major scalp to get back to the big time again. Kerry in an All Ireland semi could be the launch pad for another group of talented young players as it was in 03.

From the Bunker

Quote from: ONeill on August 09, 2015, 11:45:23 PM
The Monaghan and Tyrone players could learn from Michael Murphy. He took a box to the jaw, stood there and asked the umpire if he'd seen that.

In fairness, I'm sure it shortened his journey back to Glenswilly (by 2 minutes) last night.

Wildweasel74

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZZNGsD_PIs

That sums you lads up! couldnt get the one with Brian McGuigan lying down after McCartan through the ball at him,

Rodman

Quote from: T Fearon on August 09, 2015, 11:42:58 PM
Tyrone are fast becoming the Millwall of the GAA with their "Nobody likes us,we don't care" chip on the shoulder

Not really, Tyrone are successful, Millwall aren't. Another stupid pointless contribution there, good man.

Maguire01

Quote from: Whishtup on August 09, 2015, 11:33:13 PM
So all Sky pundits agreed that Monaghan man should have been black carded instead of Meyler.  O'Rourke ye tr**p.  Missed Dessie Dolan tonight for a bit of realism.  All the more reason never to talk to these gobshites.
Was Dessie not the co-commentator on the game that said the black card was correct? I may be mistaken.

Aaron Boone

Hopefully the CCCC weren't watching the end of the show tonite. They have been instructed to charge Tiernan by TSG panel.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Maguire01 on August 10, 2015, 12:06:37 AM
So all Sky pundits agreed that Monaghan man should have been black carded instead of Meyler.  O'Rourke ye tr**p.  Missed Dessie Dolan tonight for a bit of realism.  All the more reason never to talk to these gobshites.
Was Dessie not the co-commentator on the game that said the black card was correct? I may be mistaken.

The Meyler black card really has me baffled. Hughes came into his line of movement with his arms up, nearly diving at him. Meyler reacted in an instinctive way and in no way deliberately hauled Hughes down. Had Hughes not moved towards Meyler the incident would not have occurred, therefore Meyler did not instigate or deliberately take the man out. Hughes' eyes were fixed on Meyler long after the ball had gone, the arms were up because he was checking the run and trying to show he wasn't dragging him down. Cynical and deliberate, from Hughes. The laughter on his face after the incident just about confirms his intentions.
That was never a square ball!!

omagh_gael

I think us Tyrone supporters have to accept the reason Monaghan's indiscretions were completely overlooked on TSG is that we are continually and consistently involved in a large proportion of the niggly, cynical games in the championship. O'Rourke was right to highlight the Donegal senior and minor, U-21 final and yesterday. We are always going to be under the spotlight and will continue to be judged to be the guilty party, even in 50/50 stuff like yesterday.

I am really disappointed that our fantastic football for the first 60 minutes will be forgotten and the last ten will be the legacy. Also, to those calling out Whealen for his hypocrisy, you are wrong. He may have acted the bollox on occasion but I can't recall him taking a dive to get another man sent off.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: omagh_gael on August 10, 2015, 12:25:47 AM
I think us Tyrone supporters have to accept the reason Monaghan's indiscretions were completely overlooked on TSG is that we are continually and consistently involved in a large proportion of the niggly, cynical games in the championship. O'Rourke was right to highlight the Donegal senior and minor, U-21 final and yesterday. We are always going to be under the spotlight and will continue to be judged to be the guilty party, even in 50/50 stuff like yesterday.

I am really disappointed that our fantastic football for the first 60 minutes will be forgotten and the last ten will be the legacy. Also, to those calling out Whealen for his hypocrisy, you are wrong. He may have acted the bollox on occasion but I can't recall him taking a dive to get another man sent off.

What happened in the U21 Final?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

straightred

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 10, 2015, 12:15:48 AM

The Meyler black card really has me baffled. Hughes came into his line of movement with his arms up, nearly diving at him. Meyler reacted in an instinctive way and in no way deliberately hauled Hughes down. Had Hughes not moved towards Meyler the incident would not have occurred, therefore Meyler did not instigate or deliberately take the man out. Hughes' eyes were fixed on Meyler long after the ball had gone, the arms were up because he was checking the run and trying to show he wasn't dragging him down. Cynical and deliberate, from Hughes. The laughter on his face after the incident just about confirms his intentions.

You've been at it all day here - trying to reverse engineer everything. Probably the only decision that went against you (and even at that there is no doubt that Meylor put his arm around him). Your team has rightly been called out for diving and cheating but you want to turn it into a "they were as bad as each other" argument. It won't work cause they weren't. It's a hollow victory made possible by soft frees, cheating and a bit of good football here and there in that order. I stress that order because the first point came from a dive - it set the tone for the day.

Main Street

That was a scathing indictment  of tyrone's antics on the TSG. ,
O'Rourke had his work cut out but he managed to let loose in a coherent flow.
"The Cavanagh show in terms of diving"    "mcMahon getting involved", "Colm Kav getting involved", "there was an awful lot of cynical play by Tyrone" "McAliskey lying down feigning injury,  as soon as tyrone have the ball he up running into position"
"matty donnelly taking darren hughes out of it" ,  "justin McMahon pulls down the next man"
"ronan mc namee punches a player on the ground"
the presenter asks in a typical cowardly fashion   "were both sides not as guilty as each other?" ;D
   just as a solitary image of  Finlay's lunge (justice served cold) was shown on screen.

SkillfulBill

Mickey will love this stuff. It will be used to motivate the players and build up a siege mentality ahead of the Kerry game.

BennyHarp

Quote from: straightred on August 10, 2015, 12:34:23 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on August 10, 2015, 12:15:48 AM

You've been at it all day here - trying to reverse engineer everything. Probably the only decision that went against you (and even at that there is no doubt that Meylor put his arm around him). Your team has rightly been called out for diving and cheating but you want to turn it into a "they were as bad as each other" argument. It won't work cause they weren't. It's a hollow victory made possible by soft frees, cheating and a bit of good football here and there in that order. I stress that order because the first point came from a dive - it set the tone for the day.

Explain reverse engineering. Is this something to do with those tractors that lad was singing about at half time?
That was never a square ball!!

Gael85

Quote from: Aaron Boone on August 10, 2015, 12:07:30 AM
Hopefully the CCCC weren't watching the end of the show tonite. They have been instructed to charge Tiernan by TSG panel.

The CCC usually go on holiday for August and September. They don't tend to at incident's this time of year incase a player an important game.  ;D

straightred

Quote from: Main Street on August 10, 2015, 12:38:12 AM
That was a scathing indictment  of tyrone's antics on the TSG. ,
O'Rourke had his work cut out but he managed to let loose in a coherent flow.
"The Cavanagh show in terms of diving"    "mcMahon getting involved", "Colm Kav getting involved", "there was an awful lot of cynical play by Tyrone" "McAliskey lying down feigning injury,  as soon as tyrone have the ball he up running into position"
"matty donnelly taking darren hughes out of it" ,  "justin McMahon pulls down the next man"
"ronan mc namee punches a player on the ground"
the presenter asks in a typical cowardly fashion   "were both sides not as guilty as each other?" ;D
   just as a solitary image of  Finlay's lunge (justice served cold) was shown on screen.

What is it about tyrone and this fixture. Cavanaghs carry v monaghan on  2 years saw the birth of the black card. I'd bet now we'll see a rule change on restrospective banning for diving. The sooner harte retires the better methinks.