The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sidney

Quote from: WT4E on July 20, 2015, 09:56:34 AM
Quote from: Sidney on July 19, 2015, 11:59:36 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on July 19, 2015, 11:54:02 PM
Quote from: galwayman on July 19, 2015, 11:47:31 PM
I like McStay.Seems very much on the ball with his analysis.
Comes across as a very knowledge guy.

McStay goes to the edge of an argument, states his thinking and moves on without getting personal. A thing that Brolly does not do!

Spillane today talked about poets and Einstein. Scripted lines got from a book of quotes of famous people and shoved into analysis trying to sound educated and witty.
I'm surprised Pat didn't reference Einstein's theory of evolution in an effort to go all academic on the development of tactics in Gaelic football.

Off point but did Einstein have a theory on evolution?
I can only go by what Mary Coughlan told me.

moysider

Quote from: WT4E on July 20, 2015, 09:56:34 AM
Quote from: Sidney on July 19, 2015, 11:59:36 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on July 19, 2015, 11:54:02 PM
Quote from: galwayman on July 19, 2015, 11:47:31 PM
I like McStay.Seems very much on the ball with his analysis.
Comes across as a very knowledge guy.

McStay goes to the edge of an argument, states his thinking and moves on without getting personal. A thing that Brolly does not do!

Spillane today talked about poets and Einstein. Scripted lines got from a book of quotes of famous people and shoved into analysis trying to sound educated and witty.
I'm surprised Pat didn't reference Einstein's theory of evolution in an effort to go all academic on the development of tactics in Gaelic football.

Off point but did Einstein have a theory on evolution?

No doubt, if he did, it would have bee a good one.

skeog

thought mc stay was pulling rank on dessie dolan about whats an elite footballer opionated over hyped is mr mc stay who has passed his sell by date time for young blood like dessie dolan etc to properly analyse games martin carney another idiot closely followed by posh talking ex army officer failure everywhere he went tommy carr who really takes the biscuit

moysider

Quote from: skeog on July 20, 2015, 02:21:32 PM
thought mc stay was pulling rank on dessie dolan about whats an elite footballer opionated over hyped is mr mc stay who has passed his sell by date time for young blood like dessie dolan etc to properly analyse games martin carney another idiot closely followed by posh talking ex army officer failure everywhere he went tommy carr who really takes the biscuit

Ah now. Dessie seems to be a grand fellow but he didn t do Parsons or Horan justice winging it like that. Maybe skeog it doesn t matter to you if a pundit has his facts right or not? McStay did well not tp pull him up on it. Imagine what Brolly would have done to him.

McStay has a thorough knowledge of the game. I ve not seen him not having his homework done but I admit I may have missed something.

BennyCake

Quote from: Sidney on July 19, 2015, 11:47:43 PM
Quote from: screenexile on July 19, 2015, 09:53:27 PM

Having Niblock as commentator has transformed their coverage. He's grown up with the GAA and played a bit so he knows what he's on about.
He's no Jimmy Smyth.

Thank feck.

SHEEDY

Time for johnny Glynn to get a regular stint on the Sunday game. Tells it as it is. ;D
nil satis nisi optimum

Minder

They need to get Des Cahill off the Sunday Game to f**k, shits himself if anything controversial is said and tries to shoot it down
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

orangeman

Joe giving Paudie a hard time again.

BennyCake

Someone should tell Brolly he's not in a courtroom. He's a psychological bully.

Aughafad

Joe Brolly needs to learn some manners and quit talking over people! he never says anything constructive and hasn't a clue tactically.

orangeman

He's in the zone tonight.

Nigel White

His regular use of words like shite and arse needs to be stamped out

orangeman

Quote from: Nigel White on July 26, 2015, 10:58:01 PM
His regular use of words like shite and arse needs to be stamped out

There is a connection between the 2 words all the same.

Brick Tamlin

Schkite

"Vinny Corey and the boys would have the shite knocked out of Kildare after 20 seconds of that"  ;D

Joe is on form tonight alright!