The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

There is a team in the Middle East that is as good as several county teams here!

Pat Spillane

babarino

Quote from: Fuzzman on June 21, 2015, 10:49:00 PM
Does anyone know who was that northern girl on TSG hosting the camogie coverage.
Where is she from?

Fionnuala Carr - Clonduff

BennyHarp

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 21, 2015, 10:58:29 PM
There is a team in the Middle East that is as good as several county teams here!

Pat Spillane

Was just posting this exact quote. He's some clown.
That was never a square ball!!

muppet

Quote from: BennyHarp on June 21, 2015, 11:03:01 PM

Pat Spillane

He probably meant Castleisland.
MWWSI 2017

ballinaman

Quote from: muppet on June 21, 2015, 11:25:41 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on June 21, 2015, 11:03:01 PM

Pat Spillane

He probably meant Castleisland.
;D

mrdeeds

Pat Spillanes analysis yesterday. Same ol pause and highlight number in defence. Yawn. Also paused and showed Monaghan's "blanket". Think it was four players in half back line. At worst three half backs and one midfielder. Hardly a blanket. This blinkered analysis is done. Absolutely no place in a modern broadcast.

highorlow

QuotePat Spillanes analysis yesterday. Same ol pause and highlight number in defence. Yawn. Also paused and showed Monaghan's "blanket". Think it was four players in half back line. At worst three half backs and one midfielder. Hardly a blanket. This blinkered analysis is done. Absolutely no place in a modern broadcast.

Did Pet come up with 2 tings this week or 3 tings.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

twohands!!!

Quote from: mrdeeds on June 22, 2015, 11:17:12 AM
Pat Spillanes analysis yesterday. Same ol pause and highlight number in defence. Yawn. Also paused and showed Monaghan's "blanket". Think it was four players in half back line. At worst three half backs and one midfielder. Hardly a blanket. This blinkered analysis is done. Absolutely no place in a modern broadcast.

Saw a story that Jack O'Connor that is to be confirmed as Kerry U21 manager tonight.

That's the same job Pat was trying to convince folk he was interested in a few months back.

I'd say he knew full well that the plan was always that Jack was going to move up with the minors and there wasn't a chance in hell he'd be considered for the job, so he could safely continue on picking up his wads of taxpayers money to waffle nonsense on the Sunday Game.

Watched the game on Sky on Saturday night and the analysis was decent - it wasn't mind-blowing stuff, just competent and professional. However compared to what the Sunday Game have been serving up on the football front of late it felt like a breath of fresh air.

Esmarelda

Yeah and the number of forwards that scored on each team. Is it just me or does anyone else think that defenders scoring is also a good thing.

As much as I think McStay is ok in the studio, his defence of Curran last night was pitiful. It was Curran's first time on TSG so he was nervous, McStay reckoned. If he was nervous he would have mixed up his words or maybe wouldn't have been clear when making his point. Saying that London had no place in the Connaucht Championship doesn't sound like nerves to me. I see he wants Evans out now.

Hardy

Quote from: highorlow on June 22, 2015, 11:22:41 AM
QuotePat Spillanes analysis yesterday. Same ol pause and highlight number in defence. Yawn. Also paused and showed Monaghan's "blanket". Think it was four players in half back line. At worst three half backs and one midfielder. Hardly a blanket. This blinkered analysis is done. Absolutely no place in a modern broadcast.

Did Pet come up wit 2 tings dis week or tree tings.

Fixed that.

Jinxy

Quote from: Esmarelda on June 22, 2015, 11:31:00 AM
Yeah and the number of forwards that scored on each team. Is it just me or does anyone else think that defenders scoring is also a good thing.

As much as I think McStay is ok in the studio, his defence of Curran last night was pitiful. It was Curran's first time on TSG so he was nervous, McStay reckoned. If he was nervous he would have mixed up his words or maybe wouldn't have been clear when making his point. Saying that London had no place in the Connaucht Championship doesn't sound like nerves to me. I see he wants Evans out now.

Cake is out to make a name for himself.
He knew exactly what he was saying, and if he's given the opportunity again, he'll say worse.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Hardy

Cake could say anything. I don't think he knows what he's going to say until he hears what comes out.

"Foot to the floor and brain in neutral", as somebody said about somebody else.

Clinker

Always reminded of this post.

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 12, 2013, 12:54:04 PM

When,for example,a lunatic of a goalkeeper were to run from his goal and whisper in your ear after his team scores the winning goal, 'f**k off back to the black north now ye Orange b**tard,' that is wrong but the umpires won't see or hear anything wrong until such times as the said fictitious goalie takes a huge fall as if he's been shot and the umpires or linesmen will see that and maybe even the lash of an elbow in retaliation to the comment.  In this made-up and completely non-factual scenario the ref can only send off the young player who has retaliated and not the experienced former county goalkeeper who has taken a dive.

mylestheslasher

Sunday game analysis of Cavan v London was to re-open the rantings of a fool like Cake Curran. Now Cavan scored 2-22, not bad for the puke football team with no attacking strategy and everyone in defense. Maybe commenting on that score line would actually make smoke come out of Spillanes ears as he would not be able to compute the reality with his pre-conceived and ill informed ideas of Cavan. But it is not just Cavan, the Sunday game analysts don't have a clue about 75% of the teams. For example, if you have Brolly and Spillane sitting in Thurles even though the game they are supposed to be analysing is in say Clones, how can they really comment on defensive strategies? Sure they can't see it properly if they are not there. Already Sky's analysis is miles ahead of RTE. What does that say about RTE given the dominance they have had for decades? It says they are old, tired and lazy in my opinion.

bamboo

Looks like RTE have blocked watching the live player via Hola. Any other 'free' options for those of us abroad?