Itchy

Quote from: Itchy on May 31, 2015, 04:41:38 PM
I predict a "state of football" debate is on the way

Yep

Jinxy

Existential crisis #357
If you were any use you'd be playing.

inexile

Lots of patronizing noises of the  "brave little longford" variety from the two lads.

theticklemister

Des asking a few good questions there for wance regarding the hurling.

McHugh is a wee w**ker, of course hurling should have been he big game today.

Jinxy

We had a 2nd tier before.
It was called the Tommy Murphy Cup and the weaker counties pissed and moaned about having to play in it.

theticklemister

does mchugh ever finish a sentence?

BennyCake

I used to long for the c'ship coming. Now it's boring and I couldn't give a shite. I would've watched most live games in TV. Now I find myself doing anything but watching them. The c'ship is stale and provincial c'ships are diluted. Seriously time for a shake up before I start watching the cricket or ski sunday.

BennyCake

Quote from: theticklemister on May 31, 2015, 10:24:00 PM
does mchugh ever finish a sentence?

No, he was let out under the Good Friday Agreement.

Jinxy

What do we actually want though?
Simplest thing is to run the provincial championships as a home & away league (replacing actual league).
Top two play off for provincial title, top 4 progress into All-Ireland series (champions league style).
Everyone else goes into a knock-out competition which replaces the current qualifiers and the winner gets back into the All-Ireland series.
Loads of games, everyone has something to play for.
I know you don't have equal numbers in each province but splitting the whole lot up into four groups of eight is never going to happen.
The provincial councils won't allow it.

Rodman

Why did Jack Sheedy start banging on about Tyrone and Donegal in his post match interview...i fail to follow what relevance that had to his team getting beat by 27 points.

StephenC

Quote from: Jinxy on May 31, 2015, 10:21:05 PM
It was called the Tommy Murphy Cup and the weaker counties pissed and moaned about having to play in it.

It wasn't a 2nd tier competition. It was an additional competition for those in the 2nd tier. A significant difference. Make it so that the Tommy Murphy (or whatever) is the only show in town for the bottom 16 counties , and they'll soon start to enjoy it.

theticklemister

Quote from: Rodman on May 31, 2015, 10:31:05 PM
Why did Jack Sheedy start banging on about Tyrone and Donegal in his post match interview...i fail to follow what relevance that had to his team getting beat by 27 points.

wandering that meself!! :) :) :) :)

Jinxy

Quote from: StephenC on May 31, 2015, 10:31:09 PM

It wasn't a 2nd tier competition. It was an additional competition for those in the 2nd tier. A significant difference. Make it so that the Tommy Murphy (or whatever) is the only show in town for the bottom 16 counties , and they'll soon start to enjoy it.

Were you waving your fist at the computer as you typed that?

theticklemister

Quote from: Jinxy on May 31, 2015, 10:37:24 PM

haha laughing myself silly

AZOffaly

Quote from: Jinxy on May 31, 2015, 10:37:24 PM

It was second tier. Remember div 4 counties weren't allowed enter the Qualifiers?