Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

Quote from: Syferus on May 25, 2015, 04:12:58 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on May 25, 2015, 04:02:40 PM
Quote from: Syferus on May 25, 2015, 03:43:12 PM
Quote from: theticklemister on May 25, 2015, 03:39:15 PM
His proposal about London can be shoved up his hole

I wouldn't be in favour of it myself but ye aren't the ones spending a small fortune sending a team out to London and New York so it's very easy to sit back and throw stones when you're not footing the bill. It is an open question like it or not.

Neither are you. Croke park subsidize those trips to a 'reasonable' cost.

Yeah, trust me on this - that doesn't cover it.

Then your costs aren't reasonable...

Syferus

Quote from: johnneycool on May 25, 2015, 04:18:11 PM

I wouldn't be in favour of it myself but ye aren't the ones spending a small fortune sending a team out to London and New York so it's very easy to sit back and throw stones when you're not footing the bill. It is an open question like it or not.

Which is exactly why there's a question about the match ;)

johnneycool

Quote from: Syferus on May 25, 2015, 04:19:59 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on May 25, 2015, 04:18:11 PM

Which is exactly why there's a question about the match ;)

It depends on the size of the squad, backroom teams and so on. Some counties would put professional soccer and rugby teams to shame, hardly Croke Parks place to pick up the tab for this flamboyance, is it?

Shamrock Shore

Well, if ye didnt bring the feckin bus over to Heathrow then costs may be been reasonable  ;)

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Syferus on May 25, 2015, 12:54:09 PM
I think if Plato came back to life and started doing a bit of punditry half the people here would be complaining.

What's the perfect GAA Board pundit? Someone who doesn't offend the sensitive Ulster souls, doesn't mention Dublin's money mountain or Kerry's soft province?

Des Cahill it is so lads.

Really Syf, the only one getting sensitive is yourself about comments about Cake, or so it seems anyway.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Syferus

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 25, 2015, 04:31:08 PM
I think if Plato came back to life and started doing a bit of punditry half the people here would be complaining.

What's the perfect GAA Board pundit? Someone who doesn't offend the sensitive Ulster souls, doesn't mention Dublin's money mountain or Kerry's soft province?

Really Syf, the only one getting sensitive is yourself about comments about Cake, or so it seems anyway.

Ah come off it Farr. Be it Cake or anyone on the Sunday Game the posters here are comically critical. I remember when they thought McStay was shite too..

Canalman

Quote from: Rossfan on May 25, 2015, 03:47:12 PM
The London game is a social day out/drinking festival with a match thrown in as an excuse.

Good mate of mine from Leitrim reckons there are hundreds of Leitrim "supporters" that have been to Gaelic Park in the Bronx more times than they have gone to Carrick on Shannon to see Leitrim play .

Drives him nuts so he tells me to hear the crowing from them.

Jinxy

In fairness, there are probably more Leitrim people in the Bronx than there are living in Leitrim.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Canalman

Quote from: Jinxy on May 25, 2015, 05:25:00 PM
In fairness, there are probably more Leitrim people in the Bronx than there are living in Leitrim.

Should have clarified. He reckons there are some  Leitrim fans that would fly to NY every 4 years or so for the game and the shopping etc etc  before they would step foot in a GAA ground in the county itself. Come back smugged up.

muppet

Quote from: theticklemister on May 25, 2015, 04:17:13 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on May 25, 2015, 03:49:01 PM
God, ye Ros lads are very hard on the cockneens.

Well according to the referendum there, they are not really

;D ;D
MWWSI 2017

Bingo

Quote from: Syferus on May 25, 2015, 04:34:51 PM

Ah come off it Farr. Be it Cake or anyone on the Sunday Game the posters here are comically critical. I remember when they thought McStay was shite too..

Benny Coulter hardly got rave reviews last week, call it as you see it and be honest, Cake was bad.

Main Street

Quote from: Bingo on May 25, 2015, 05:35:30 PM

Benny Coulter hardly got rave reviews last week, call it as you see it and be honest, Cake was bad.
And McStay did  throw in a good bit of shíte into his review of the monaghan cavan game,  it's just that Cake made him sound more educated.

Armamike

He still is!
That's just, like your opinion man.

theticklemister

I've Googled 'vertical pass football' to see what the hell a vertical pass is and here is what I got

Mac2

Cake's no fool I see a triangle there..