The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

You can't beat a bit of breeding now and again ???

bigpaul

imtommygunn

Ha. Pat wasn't specific with this comment.

rossiewanderer

Id have Andy Mallon in the team of the year

J OGorman

Keith Higgins is tremend-juice

macdanger2

Is Aidan O'M only on there to keep the Kerry numbers up??

BennyCake

McStay mixing up Aidan and Stefan Forker tonight. His knowledge of Armagh football just ain't up to scratch.

Wildweasel74

Dublin hammered all before them from the league semi and just pushed out by a  great donegal performance, just 2 men on the team of the year?, No Aidan O`Se who lost out at the expense of McHugh, too much focus on the semi and final for the team of the year, a year put in 1 month , should be called the team of the late summer instead. How often has players outside the semis been on this team

macdanger2

In the final and SF, you're playing against the best teams under the most pressure so you have to give heavier weighting to those games

BennyCake

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on September 21, 2014, 10:59:13 PM
Dublin hammered all before them from the league semi and just pushed out by a  great donegal performance, just 2 men on the team of the year?, No Aidan O`Se who lost out at the expense of McHugh, too much focus on the semi and final for the team of the year, a year put in 1 month , should be called the team of the late summer instead. How often has players outside the semis been on this team

Houli in 1993.

Wildweasel74

no you don't, call it the team of September instead, its just like the argument for footballer of the year, Connolly been the best but cause Dublin got edged out in the final he likely to miss out later in the year. whens the last time a player not from the winning team the footballer of the year?

Schkite

It's gas how easily the bookies odds change for the all-stars. About an hour ago I think Durcan was 10/1 for the goalie all-star. After the Sunday Game named their team of the year I checked again and he's 9/4 now.

rodney trotter

Bernard Brogan in 2010 was the last player not from the winnning team to be player of the year,. and Dublin didn't reach the final that year.

Wildweasel74

so we got one in what the last 15 - 20yrs?

seafoid

Quote from: Schkite on September 21, 2014, 11:05:58 PM
It's gas how easily the bookies odds change for the all-stars. About an hour ago I think Durcan was 10/1 for the goalie all-star. After the Sunday Game named their team of the year I checked again and he's 9/4 now.
Kerry will be odds-on for next year as well. Until they are soundly beaten, taking everyone by surprise, as the winners have done in the subsequent season for the last few years.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU