The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: Zulu on August 19, 2014, 05:02:02 PM
Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on August 19, 2014, 01:26:51 PM
Quote from: Zulu on August 19, 2014, 12:57:01 PM
I think Donal Og is going down the football route slightly or is at least coming across as the a man who wants desperately to be the one to come up with the 'outside the box' point. He came across like bloody Johnny Cochrane at the OJ trial when he said he wanted to put on record that the Glesson's puck out performance was the greatest ever - 'if it doesn't fit you must acquit'. He also lost the run of himself on the PUC redevelopment, while I agree with much of what he said and supported the strikers at the time, he came across as preachy on the Sunday Game.

Cusack may be a langer, but he was absolutely spot on in what he said on the stadium issue, no idea how exactly you figure he lost the run of himself. Anyone who has studied the proposed plans would realise he has just pointed out the obvious.

I said I agreed with most of what he said in the half a dozen or so words right after the bit you highlighted!! I also said in another thread that Cork don't need to redevelop PUC to the tune of €70million and that 5 GDA's was a disgrace. The point I was making though was Donal Og kept referencing €70 million whereas most of that is not Cork GAA money so it couldn't be spent on anything else. The Cork CB are putting in €10 million and I would use some of that to employ more GDA's for example but the other side of the coin is Cork are getting a €70 million stadium for a €10 million investment. On top of that they would need to redevelop PUC to some degree as it isn't fit for purpose so there is an argument to say we can invest €10 million to get a high quality stadium and concert venue or we can invest a couple of million and have something that isn't up to scratch anyway.

The only reason PUC is being redeveloped is the rugby world cup so Cork are probably doing good business. The centre of excellence is a complete joke though and a county as big as Cork cannot be well served by a single centre of excellence. Better perhaps to up grade/develop some club facilities on the basis that the county teams can access them as they need.

Fair enough, we're not so far off in our views so.

The plan for the stadium redevelopment though, have you seen it? They're taking the rotten roof off the current covered stand and just plonking it over on the far side for example...it's pretty damn far from a spanking new €70m stadium we're talking about here. Place needs a facelift no doubt, and fair enough, it's not as if the CCB are going to bankrupt themselves doing it, but the whole thing is very Irish altogether.

Far more importantly, as you mentioned, is the COE issue...2 pitches and a clubhouse is about the size of what's planned as far as I can make out. The site is already horribly congested and in a horrible location and of course, there is not the room to build a proper COE there at all..not that the CCB know what that is of course.
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

Kidder81

Marty is obsessed with "passion"

manfromdelmonte

Peter McKenna is getting a hammering on the Sunday game.

Sidney

"There's real anger out there on social media."  ;D

manfromdelmonte

It is two huge c**k ups involving Croke Park this year and non GAA events

Garth Brooks
American College football

theticklemister

Camera and sound all off this week.

And as usual Des can't read sentences from a sheet.

theticklemister

More Gremlins there again!

seafoid

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on August 24, 2014, 10:02:01 PM

Garth Brooks
A lot of people are pissed off about Sky as well.

commercial ventures not so popular with the people who actually go to matches 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

saffron sam2

The co-commentator today didn't have a clue.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Sidney

Quote from: seafoid on August 24, 2014, 10:15:57 PM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on August 24, 2014, 10:02:01 PM

Garth Brooks
A lot of people are pissed off about Sky as well.

commercial ventures not so popular with the people who actually go to matches
Look, this is the GAA and this is Ireland. People will find anything to moan about.

panc56

Quote from: saffron sam2 on August 24, 2014, 10:25:15 PM
The co-commentator today didn't have a clue.
Tommy Carr drives me insane. Failed player , failed manager at inter county level everywhere and made a mess of a decent Westmeath minor team recently. Co commentary and he clearly doesn't know the rules.

ck

Who was the co-commentator for the senior game? BRUTAL!! A well spoken man with nice turn of phrase but boy did spoof. (Was it Tommy Carr by any chance) For the sending off he basically said yeah it was a kick and a red card but sure it wasn't too bad so let him stay on. Rules are rules ya lug.

I thought the analysis of the senior game was very good tonight.

Syferus

Quote from: ck on August 24, 2014, 11:04:52 PM
Who was the co-commentator for the senior game? BRUTAL!! A well spoken man with nice turn of phrase but boy did spoof. (Was it Tommy Carr by any chance) For the sending off he basically said yeah it was a kick and a red card but sure it wasn't too bad so let him stay on. Rules are rules ya lug.

I thought the analysis of the senior game was very good tonight.

He's Tom Carr now. No more Funtime Tommy.

joemamas

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on August 24, 2014, 09:57:49 PM

Do you really think he gives a fu*k, The fixtures committee have shown complete disregards for fans, Q/finals not on one weekend and now an american football game in croke park at tail end of championship. Did any of the incompetent aholes wonder, oh well, what if its a draw, ah sure we send them down to limerick,

Sidney

Quote from: joemamas on August 24, 2014, 11:18:12 PM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on August 24, 2014, 09:57:49 PM

Do you really think he gives a f**k, The fixtures committee have shown complete disregards for fans, Q/finals not on one weekend and now an american football game in croke park at tail end of championship. Did any of the incompetent aholes wonder, oh well, what if its a draw, ah sure we send them down to limerick,
If the replay had been in Croke Park people would be saying that the GAA were showing complete disregard for fans.

They're making you travel a significantly lesser journey by bringing you to Limerick.

Perhaps you want to pay the extra petrol money?

Moan, fooking moan.