The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

He's been full of praise for the Dubs this year but it will be interesting to see who he wants to win the next time.
I think he's head says the Dubs as he loves the open football style and the squeaky clean (non (proven)biting) no cheating, diving, cynical Dubs but at the same time he loves controversy and I think he'd be delighted if Donegal caused a massive upset as well. No doubt he will be on the winning side no matter what

Jinxy

The hurling analysis is much more informative and interesting.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

WT4E

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on August 11, 2014, 12:51:36 PM

Perhaps thats just his tone and the way he speaks ...................................................what is he supposed to say, I propose a media ban !!!!!!!!!!!

Perhaps - I don't know the man but I suspect he doesn't -  if he does its bound to irritate the life out of family and friends!

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: WT4E on August 11, 2014, 03:53:52 PM

Perhaps thats just his tone and the way he speaks ...................................................what is he supposed to say, I propose a media ban !!!!!!!!!!!

Perhaps - I don't know the man but I suspect he doesn't -  if he does its bound to irritate the life out of family and friends!

For someone who doesn't know the man it hasn't prevented you from making some snide personal remarks about him. I wonder how would you come across on television.   
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: Fuzzman on August 11, 2014, 02:31:43 PM
He's been full of praise for the Dubs this year but it will be interesting to see who he wants to win the next time.
I think he's head says the Dubs as he loves the open football style and the squeaky clean (non (proven)biting) no cheating, diving, cynical Dubs but at the same time he loves controversy and I think he'd be delighted if Donegal caused a massive upset as well. No doubt he will be on the winning side no matter what

Philip Jordan-  with the stink of that bitterness

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: Jinxy on August 11, 2014, 03:35:20 PM

Thats if you like talking about inches and half a foot according to Donal Og on the Sunday Game last night  :-*

WT4E

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on August 11, 2014, 04:02:37 PM
Quote from: WT4E on August 11, 2014, 03:53:52 PM

For someone who doesn't know the man it hasn't prevented you from making some snide personal remarks about him. I wonder how would you come across on television.   

THIB - I don't mean to hurt poor Jims feelings so I apologise to you!

jr

I think Brollies comments about O Rourke before the Kerry/Galway were way out of line.

johnneycool

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on August 11, 2014, 04:05:02 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on August 11, 2014, 03:35:20 PM

Thats if you like talking about inches and half a foot according to Donal Og on the Sunday Game last night  :-*

I can't see that being right, surely there's a set height for all cross bars in this day and age!!

muppet

Quote from: jr on August 11, 2014, 11:20:27 PM
I think Brollies comments about O Rourke before the Kerry/Galway were way out of line.

I thought they were despicable Colm.
MWWSI 2017

Gaffer

Would love to see RTE dropping Brolly.

Due  to his treatment of others on the panels  I have very little respect for him

What he said to O'Rourke on national TV re his financial situation was an absolute disgrace.

"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Gaffer on August 12, 2014, 05:12:26 PM
  Would love to see RTE dropping Brolly.

Due  to his treatment of others on the panels  I have very little respect for him

What he said to O'Rourke on national TV re his financial situation was an absolute disgrace.

What did he say? ???
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

From the Bunker

You can't drop Brolly! Sure he is the only Northern panelist. Who will defend the 'War of attrition' games of the Ulster Championship? He has more bite than Whelan, Mulligan and Earley.

Gaffer

Replace him with someone who will let others have their say and who does not broadcast another panelist's private affairs to the watching thousands.
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

imtommygunn