The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hound

Quote from: INDIANA on August 03, 2014, 10:23:48 PM
Quote from: Schkite on August 03, 2014, 10:17:41 PM
McHugh thinks O'Donoghue is better than Gooch!!

Gooch a two trick pony. I had to play it back again to see if he actually said it. I mean what a gobshite.

Further evidence of how Donegal think they re-invented Gaelic Football in 2012
didnt hear McHugh, and I think he's a complete and utter gobshite. But if Kerry had a choice about who was to miss the season this year, I think O'Donoghue would have been a bigger loss than Gooch.

The praise Gooch got last year for the game against Dublin was unreal. While he had a great first half, anyone who thinks he was better than O'Donoghue that day has only watched the game once. And Gooch did feck all in the 2nd half when the Dubs decided to go man-to-man on him.

I don't mean to slight Gooch. He's a big loss to Kerry. But O'Donoghe passed him out last year and is only getting better. Gooch will still have great days, but his peak is gone.

BennyCake

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on August 03, 2014, 10:42:58 PM
Brian & Andy Mallon brothers! Jesus wept.

Next thing they'll be telling us the Forker's are brothers too. Oh wait...

INDIANA

Quote from: Hound on August 03, 2014, 10:54:45 PM

Gooch a two trick pony. I had to play it back again to see if he actually said it. I mean what a gobshite.

didnt hear McHugh, and I think he's a complete and utter gobshite. But if Kerry had a choice about who was to miss the season this year, I think O'Donoghue would have been a bigger loss than Gooch.

The praise Gooch got last year for the game against Dublin was unreal. While he had a great first half, anyone who thinks he was better than O'Donoghue that day has only watched the game once. And Gooch did feck all in the 2nd half when the Dubs decided to go man-to-man on him.

I don't mean to slight Gooch. He's a big loss to Kerry. But O'Donoghe passed him out last year and is only getting better. Gooch will still have great days, but his peak is gone.

He was marking a child today.

Cork didn't mark him and Dublin made no effort to mark him either  last year and both got filleted.

Its laughable to suggest JOD has already surpassed the legacy of the best player ever to play the game. At this stage he probably is more valuable but at 8-9 years younger he'd want to be really.

Will he achieve the greatness and consistency of CC- I doubt it.

Jinxy

Martin McHugh gives me a sharp pain behind my eyes when he speaks.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Hound

Quote from: INDIANA on August 03, 2014, 11:01:13 PM

He was marking a child today.

Cork didn't mark him and Dublin made no effort to mark him either  last year and both got filleted.

Its laughable to suggest JOD has already surpassed the legacy of the best player ever to play the game. At this stage he probably is more valuable but at 8-9 years younger he'd want to be really.

Will he achieve the greatness and consistency of CC- I doubt it.
O'donoghue is a better player now than Gooch is.
Over both their careers, Gooch is still well ahead, and I never suggested otherwise.

Syferus

Gooch's game never really relied on strength or even burning pace. He's performed near or about the same level for a decade. It's not really been a career with peaks or valleys. Barring the injury effecting him I'd expect him to be back to his usual level of performance. O'Donagahue has a lot of miles to go to even be in the same post code as Gooch as a player.

It was pretty clear even last year that Kerry were going as Gooch went and when Dublin quietened him down in the AISF bad things started happening for Kerry.

Schkite

It wasn't just that he was saying O'Donoghue is currently better, he said something like he's one of the greatest talents he's ever seen, and better than the "two-trick pony" Gooch. The other lads immediately laughed away at him and rightly so.

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: Jinxy on August 03, 2014, 11:03:28 PM
Martin McHugh gives me a sharp pain behind my eyes when he speaks.

And that's why RTE have him employed, Brolly in the afternoon and Martin beag in the evening..

Bord na Mona man

Des claimed that Monaghan won a championship game in Croke Park in 1984.
Obviously mixing up that it was 84 years since Monaghan's last win there (1930).

Hound

Quote from: Schkite on August 03, 2014, 11:04:52 PM

It wasn't just that he was saying O'Donoghue is currently better, he said something like he's one of the greatest talents he's ever seen, and better than the "two-trick pony" Gooch. The other lads immediately laughed away at him and rightly so.
Thanks for that clarification. And i agree that's nonsense!

macdanger2

Quote from: lynchbhoy on August 03, 2014, 09:08:55 PM
The prob is that joe argues for a living. I think he is being a fecker in TV to try and challenge himself. It's too easy and boring otherwise.
I don't know where he gets some of his reasoning!
No one can touch him in an argument on TV.
Prob need to draft in a pro oo qc from Belfast onto the panel !
He'd prob know as much about football analysis as some on the Sunday game!

Or sky!
The commentator mentioned that Monaghan were going through the phases when attacking
-I almost kicked the Telly

The problem with Joe is that he's a w**ker. Or at the very least does a top notch impression of a w**ker

screenexile

I (and anybody else from Derry) have been telling people that McHugh is a complete gobshite and hasn't a clue for years!! Finally everyone else can see it!

billabong

The whole two trick pony thing, did anyone else think back to your man Stuart on The Apprentice a few years ago who said "I'm not a one trick pony or a 2 trick pony, in fact I have a whole field of ponies!!"

Zip Code

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on August 03, 2014, 10:42:58 PM
Brian & Andy Mallon brothers! Jesus wept.

I was pishing myself at that!

NAG1

Anyone else (or was it just me) think that Michael on the live edition was keeping a really tight rein on Joe. Every time he went to go off on one ML cut him off, maybe it was just short on time or whatever but the fact he did it a couple of times made me think he had someone in his ear telling him not to let Joe off the leash.