People from the 6 counties (our wee country)

Started by 02, June 21, 2011, 08:49:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your preferred nationality? (Choose one)

British
European
Irish
Northern Irish

Eamonnca1

Quote from: 02 on June 24, 2011, 11:19:50 PM
Based on the current results 1 in 10 of those sampled are happy to identify themselves as Northern Irish.  Almost as popular as homosexuality :)
"Not that there's anything wrong with it!"

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: 02 on June 21, 2011, 08:49:09 PM
I was thinking about this after reading the US Open thread and how some "young people" define their nationality as Northern Irish.  I don't consider myself young but I am happy to identify myself as being Northern Irish.  I have a healthy dislike of both British nationality (as manifested by Loyalist/Unionists in NI) and Irish nationality (as manifested by people in the ROI who left their fellow nationalists to suffer in NI and who totally sold out to consumer culture from the early 1990s).

No one sold ye out, be Northern Irish if you like, I'm happy to be Irish and European, a Mayoman and a Connachtman.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Cold tea on June 21, 2011, 10:49:09 PM
European - where is earthling?

My passport says European Union, yours probably does too

Aaron Boone

Great result for Linfield the night - if that fits in here.

Syferus

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on July 18, 2013, 09:35:33 PM
Quote from: 02 on June 21, 2011, 08:49:09 PM
I was thinking about this after reading the US Open thread and how some "young people" define their nationality as Northern Irish.  I don't consider myself young but I am happy to identify myself as being Northern Irish.  I have a healthy dislike of both British nationality (as manifested by Loyalist/Unionists in NI) and Irish nationality (as manifested by people in the ROI who left their fellow nationalists to suffer in NI and who totally sold out to consumer culture from the early 1990s).

No one sold ye out, be Northern Irish if you like, I'm happy to be Irish and European, a Mayoman and a Connachtman.

MGHS, did you sit out in the sun for too long!? What possessed you to engage in such a serious case of necromancy?

BennyCake

What the feck is European doing on this poll?  I'd be more offended being called European than British.

Rossfan

Quote from: BennyCake on July 18, 2013, 10:35:21 PM
What the feck is European doing on this poll?  I'd be more offended being called European than British.

Why ????
Are you a Yank or what? If you're from Ireland you're European ---  like if you're from India you're  Asian.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

BennyCake

Quote from: Rossfan on July 18, 2013, 10:38:45 PM

Why ????
Are you a Yank or what? If you're from Ireland you're European ---  like if you're from India you're  Asian.

Ireland might be in Europe, but I'll never consider myself a European.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: BennyCake on July 18, 2013, 10:50:04 PM

Why ????

I love being a European, would never want to be a Brit.

michaelg

Why ????

Ryder Cup?

BennyCake

Syferus

Eamonnca1

Why ????

So you're from Europe but you're not European? What are you then? Antarctican?

michaelg

Quote from: BennyCake on July 18, 2013, 11:01:29 PM
What about it?
I thought it was fairly obvious - Do you consider yourself to be European / support Europe if you are watching the Ryder Cup?