"GAA Star" arrested for cannibas seizure

Started by Bord na Mona man, August 23, 2013, 08:38:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bord na Mona man

More sh1te from the Independent newspaper group.
They started off yesterday with sensational headlines about a 'prominent GAA star' from Dublin who was arrested in a drug seizure.
As I suspected the guy in question is a run of the mill club player.
They've toned down to 'GAA player' in the more recent headlines, but this is fairly typical of the (S)Indo .

They did the same about 5 years back when the "GAA star" turned out to be a Division 8 Liffey Gaels player. That must make me a 'star' as well.

In a few weeks Sir Anthony O'Reilly's stable will have front page spreads and buckets of outrage at pictures of tussling at a club game in Wicklow.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/gaa-player-charged-over-600000-cannabis-seizure-in-dublin-29521678.html

BennyCake

It's just another reason not to buy that rag then, isn't it?

An Gaeilgoir

He is prominent enough on the club scene, he was caught a few years ago as we'll, but got away with it, his auld lad is a guard......he is in the poo poo this time though

heffo

Quote from: An Gaeilgoir on August 24, 2013, 09:13:51 AM
He is prominent enough on the club scene, he was caught a few years ago as we'll, but got away with it, his auld lad is a guard......he is in the poo poo this time though

Is he? He plays at a pretty low level and played soccer at a much higher level - I'd never heard of him so not sure what your definition of prominent is..

Shamrock Shore

Herald stooped to new low there.

Fellow was named this morning. Never heard of him. Does some underage coaching but to describe him as a GAA star is a disgrace.

Declan

QuoteHe plays at a pretty low level and played soccer at a much higher level

Yep he has 25 junior soccer caps and plays/ed for Wayside Celtic.

Jim_Murphy_74

If that lad is a "star" then my playing/coaching career makes me a "megastar"....... ;D 

I'll inform people to treat me as such going forward!

/Jim.

ballinaman

Anyone else hear the rumour regarding a current Dublin player who's playing hurling for the other team lets just say?
Had a Dublin supporter from same club tell me until she was blue in the face that it's true. I dismissed it out of hand at the time but have heard murmurings of it over the last few weeks.

heffo

Quote from: ballinaman on August 26, 2013, 05:14:02 PM
Anyone else hear the rumour regarding a current Dublin player who's playing hurling for the other team lets just say?
Had a Dublin supporter from same club tell me until she was blue in the face that it's true. I dismissed it out of hand at the time but have heard murmurings of it over the last few weeks.

Don't believe there is anyone on the current panel playing for the other side as such - would have zero issue if they were anyway

theticklemister

Does the county board know that he has transferred?

ballinaman

Quote from: heffo on August 26, 2013, 07:19:40 PM

Don't believe there is anyone on the current panel playing for the other side as such - would have zero issue if they were anyway
Absolutely,agreed, would make no odds at all.

StephenC

So what? Have you nothing else to be worrying about other that spreading gossip?

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

Which side? Dark? Far? Back? My mind vaguely boggles, but not that much.
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"