GAA Injury Claim Forms

Started by on the sideline, November 03, 2014, 07:26:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

on the sideline

Apologies if there is already a thread on this.

I am looking to know if a GAA Injury Claim Form will be accepted when the injury has occurred in an official match but there is no note of it in the referees report. I have ticked the injury Occurred Section as Official Match, but am looking at Section F which says for club and county secretary declarations "as recorded in the attached Refereees Report."
The injury happened during a league game but I was able to complete the match, thinking it fairly innocuous, but the results of it have done some long term damage which according to physio and doctor can only be rectified by surgery.

If anyone can clarify the situation I would be greatful. Time is an issue due to the 60 day deadline. Thanks.

5 Sams

The Aristocrat Years

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: the onion bag on November 04, 2014, 12:14:50 AM
Quote from: on the sideline on November 03, 2014, 07:26:10 PM
Apologies if there is already a thread on this.

I am looking to know if a GAA Injury Claim Form will be accepted when the injury has occurred in an official match but there is no note of it in the referees report. I have ticked the injury Occurred Section as Official Match, but am looking at Section F which says for club and county secretary declarations "as recorded in the attached Refereees Report."
The injury happened during a league game but I was able to complete the match, thinking it fairly innocuous, but the results of it have done some long term damage which according to physio and doctor can only be rectified by surgery.

If anyone can clarify the situation I would be greatful. Time is an issue due to the 60 day deadline. Thanks.

You just need the first 2 pages away within the 60 days but be sure to email it to Willis as well as posting it. From memory, a letter from the club secretary should suffice if the injury wasn't serious enough at the time to be included in the referees report.

What he said. Also check whether physio after surgery is included as it was pulled from the scheme a few years ago.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

on the sideline